Thread Count 15 too low? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Thread Count 15 too low? - Weblogic ; Hi I am testing a vendor developed WebLogic 8.1 application. I notice the Execute Queue has a long Queue Length, more than a hundred during the load test, while the throughput has only a few. The clustered 2 server settings ...

  1. Thread Count 15 too low?

    Hi

    I am testing a vendor developed WebLogic 8.1 application. I notice the Execute Queue has a long Queue Length, more than a hundred during the load test, while the throughput has only a few.

    The clustered 2 server settings are with Development Mode which uses Default Execute Queue with Thread Count=15.

    I didn't notice any problem with CPU and Memory usage.

    I am new to this WebLogic 8.1. Can you give some advice?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Thread Count 15 too low?

    You could increase the thread pool size for the default execute queue via the console. Note that increasing the thread count also means that you may have to increase other pool sizes too, like JDBC connection pool, message-driven bean and stateless session bean pool sizes too. Also, if your application calls synchronized code, that may prevent increases in throughput too.

  3. Re: Thread Count 15 too low?

    You may also want to consider configuring this application to run in a custom execute queue rather than on the default execute queue.

    The benefit for you is that if your application has a problem where threads are blocked, it won't directly affect WebLogic because it is not happening in the default queue.

    You can read about this here:

    http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs81/per...Execute_Queues

    Hope that helps.

    Jon