how to set Weblogic Thread Pool for MDB/JMS - Weblogic

This is a discussion on how to set Weblogic Thread Pool for MDB/JMS - Weblogic ; hi all i am using weblogic 81 sp2 , websphere 5.2 as a foreign server. for Concurrent message processing , my MDB not able to pick up message at right time. if client put 25 msg at time in my ...

  1. how to set Weblogic Thread Pool for MDB/JMS

    hi all

    i am using weblogic 81 sp2 , websphere 5.2 as a foreign server. for Concurrent message processing ,
    my MDB not able to pick up message at right time.
    if client put 25 msg at time in my request queue, my MDB pick-up first 8 msg only at a time,after that MDB waiting for these msg processing.
    after these msg processing then MDB pick up other 8 msg.... so i cant perform well.

    how to make it my MDB pick up all message at a right time.

    and one more thing
    if i declare user defined execute thread and assign my MDB with execute thread (using ),i got jms exception.(JMS exception:MQJMS2005: failed to create MQQueueManager for 'localhost:UTSD11')
    (i got BEA-014005 warning)

    is it possible to assign user-define execute thread?

    plz clear my problem
    thanx n advance

    regards
    muruganandam

  2. Re: how to set Weblogic Thread Pool for MDB/JMS

    Try increasing the default thread pool size (or the user-defined thread pool size, if you're using one) to 25, assuming you have enough CPU power in the WLS server machine.

    I suspect you're getting the exception while trying to use user-defined queues because you don't have the execute queue set up in the server - you need to set up an execute queue with the same name as the dispatch policy for your MDB.

  3. Re: how to set Weblogic Thread Pool for MDB/JMS

    if i trying to increase the default thread pool size (default thread count is 15) to 25, i got JMS Exception.
    i am running on Solaris 8 OS with 1GB RAM and My MDB have Max Beans in Free Pool is 1000 and initial bean size is 500.still i am not able to pick up all messages at a time.

  4. Re: how to set Weblogic Thread Pool for MDB/JMS

    Could you post the JMSException you're getting?

  5. Re: how to set Weblogic Thread Pool for MDB/JMS

    if i increase the default thread count(weblogic.kernel.Default) 15 to 25, then i got this kind of exception ---->

    [EJB:011014]The Message-Driven EJB failed while creating a JMS Connection. The error was:
    [EJB:010196]'javax.jms.JMSException: MQJMS2005: failed to create MQQueueManager for 'localhost:UTSD11'' Linked exception = 'com.ibm.mq.MQException: MQJE001: An MQException occurred: Completion Code 2, Reason 2009
    MQJE016: MQ queue manager closed channel immediately during connect
    Closure reason = 2009'.

  6. Re: how to set Weblogic Thread Pool for MDB/JMS

    It appears that the foreign JMS provider is restricting the number of connections that can be made to it. I'd check the license restrictions/configuration of the foreign JMS provider and ensure it allows the required number of concurrent connections. The closure reason code 2009 should indicate what the problem is.

  7. Re: how to set Weblogic Thread Pool for MDB/JMS

    The number of concurrently active MDBs is controlled by two things in the descriptor settings:

    dispatch-policy (name of thread pool to use)
    max-beans-in-thread-pool (max number of beans)

    When running in the default thread pool, the max number of concurrent MDBs is:
    min(default-thread-pool-size/2 + 1, max-beans)

    When running in a custom thread pool the max number is:
    min(thread-pool, max-beans)

    It so happens that the default size of the default execute thread pool is 15 - which explains why you are getting a maximum concurrency of 8.

    For this information, and more, I highly recommend reading the MDB chapter of the EJB programmer's guide.

    Tom

    P.S. I think that it in most JVMs to get the best performance it is best to limit the number of concurrent threads. You may find that increasing the thread pool size to 500 (as it seems to be your intention to have 500 active concurrent jobs), will slow things down...

+ Reply to Thread