JMS Server Target & Deploy error - Weblogic

This is a discussion on JMS Server Target & Deploy error - Weblogic ; Hi All, I am getting the error while creating the JMS Server. I have created the JMS Server and on Target and Deploy tab,when I select the server name as target and hit the Apply button, I get the following ...

  1. JMS Server Target & Deploy error

    Hi All,
    I am getting the error while creating the JMS Server.
    I have created the JMS Server and on Target and Deploy tab,when I select the server
    name as target and hit the Apply button, I get the following error

    An unexpected error occurred while setting Target to mydomain:Name=myserver(migratable),Type=Migratable Target.

    what could be the reason?

    Thanks
    WD

  2. Re: JMS Server Target & Deploy error

    Do you have the full log message/stack trace?

    WD wrote:

    > Hi All,
    > I am getting the error while creating the JMS Server.
    > I have created the JMS Server and on Target and Deploy tab,when I select the server
    > name as target and hit the Apply button, I get the following error
    >
    > An unexpected error occurred while setting Target to mydomain:Name=myserver(migratable),Type=Migratable Target.
    >
    > what could be the reason?
    >
    > Thanks
    > WD

  3. Re: JMS Server Target & Deploy error

    I just left the app alone for the weekend and when I tried to do it again today,it
    just worked. I do not know what was wrong with it on friday.

    But now I am running into another weird error. I have deployed my application
    and it works fine and MyMDB also works fine. But sometimes I am getting the following
    error. It is happening very intermittently.

    Exception in MyMDB.onMessage()Must provide destination

    Thanks
    WD

    Tom Barnes
    wrote:
    >Do you have the full log message/stack trace?
    >
    >WD wrote:
    >
    >> Hi All,
    >> I am getting the error while creating the JMS Server.
    >> I have created the JMS Server and on Target and Deploy tab,when I select

    >the server
    >> name as target and hit the Apply button, I get the following error
    >>
    >> An unexpected error occurred while setting Target to mydomain:Name=myserver(migratable),Type=Migratable Target.
    >>
    >> what could be the reason?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> WD

  4. Re: JMS Server Target & Deploy error

    OK. For this new exception, do you have the full
    log message/stack trace?

    WD wrote:

    > I just left the app alone for the weekend and when I tried to do it again today,it
    > just worked. I do not know what was wrong with it on friday.
    >
    > But now I am running into another weird error. I have deployed my application
    > and it works fine and MyMDB also works fine. But sometimes I am getting the following
    > error. It is happening very intermittently.
    >
    > Exception in MyMDB.onMessage()Must provide destination
    >
    > Thanks
    > WD
    >

    > Tom Barnes
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Do you have the full log message/stack trace?
    >>
    >>WD wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hi All,
    >>>I am getting the error while creating the JMS Server.
    >>>I have created the JMS Server and on Target and Deploy tab,when I select

    >>the server
    >>
    >>>name as target and hit the Apply button, I get the following error
    >>>
    >>>An unexpected error occurred while setting Target to mydomain:Name=myserver(migratable),Type=Migratable Target.
    >>>
    >>>what could be the reason?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>WD

  5. Re: JMS Server Target & Deploy error

    The only log message I have is the one I posted earlier. It is from the log file.

    Tom Barnes
    wrote:
    >OK. For this new exception, do you have the full
    >log message/stack trace?
    >
    >WD wrote:
    >
    >> I just left the app alone for the weekend and when I tried to do it

    >again today,it
    >> just worked. I do not know what was wrong with it on friday.
    >>
    >> But now I am running into another weird error. I have deployed my application
    >> and it works fine and MyMDB also works fine. But sometimes I am getting

    >the following
    >> error. It is happening very intermittently.
    >>
    >> Exception in MyMDB.onMessage()Must provide destination
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> WD
    >>

    >> Tom Barnes
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Do you have the full log message/stack trace?

    >select
    >>>
    >>>the server

  6. Re: JMS Server Target & Deploy error

    It is unusual not to have a full stack trace - particularly
    for application generated exceptions. My first
    suspicions is that your app is creating a producer
    without specifying a destination (a non-pinned producer),
    and then attempting to send a message without specifying
    a destination.

    WD wrote:
    > The only log message I have is the one I posted earlier. It is from the log file.
    >

    > Tom Barnes
    > wrote:
    >
    >>OK. For this new exception, do you have the full
    >>log message/stack trace?
    >>
    >>WD wrote:
    >>

    >>>I just left the app alone for the weekend and when I tried to do it

    >>again today,it
    >>
    >>>just worked. I do not know what was wrong with it on friday.
    >>>
    >>>But now I am running into another weird error. I have deployed my application
    >>>and it works fine and MyMDB also works fine. But sometimes I am getting

    >>the following
    >>
    >>>error. It is happening very intermittently.
    >>>
    >>>Exception in MyMDB.onMessage()Must provide destination
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>WD
    >>>

    >>>Tom Barnes

    >>select

  7. Re: JMS Server Target & Deploy error

    The applications code is fine. With the same ear file,I am getting this error
    intermittently. My suspicions is that sometimes when I redeploy the same application(without
    anything changed), wls does not deploy it properly. Because when I was getting
    this error,I just undeployed and deployed the app and it worked.
    Have you seen this kind of behavior with wls?

    Thanks
    WD

    Tom Barnes
    wrote:
    >It is unusual not to have a full stack trace - particularly
    >for application generated exceptions. My first
    >suspicions is that your app is creating a producer
    >without specifying a destination (a non-pinned producer),
    >and then attempting to send a message without specifying
    >a destination.
    >
    >WD wrote:
    >> The only log message I have is the one I posted earlier. It is from

    >the log file.
    >>

    >> Tom Barnes
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>OK. For this new exception, do you have the full
    >>>log message/stack trace?

    >>>again today,it

    >application
    >>>
    >>>the following

    >>>select

  8. Re: JMS Server Target & Deploy error

    It still seems like it is your app that is throwing the exception.

    If you post the full log message, not just the excerpted text,
    the problem might be self evident.

+ Reply to Thread