Don't See all the messages when trying to browse a queue - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Don't See all the messages when trying to browse a queue - Weblogic ; I have a JMS store which contains messages from my Queue. Upon system startup, I try to browse the store for all the messages so that I can initialize a monitor class. I looks like weblogic 8.1 caches the first ...

  1. Don't See all the messages when trying to browse a queue

    I have a JMS store which contains messages from my Queue. Upon system startup,
    I try to browse the store for all the messages so that I can initialize a monitor
    class. I looks like weblogic 8.1 caches the first 10 messages, but does not include
    these in the list of messages returned from the QueueBrowser.getEnumeration().

    Has anyone seen this behavior, know about this message caching? solution?

  2. Re: Don't See all the messages when trying to browse a queue

    There is no such "cache", but there is potentially
    a message backlog per WL asynchronous consumer.

    WL asynchronous consumers may have a pipe-line of up
    to 10 messages by default. These messages, since they
    are already passed to a consumer, are not available
    via the QueueBrowser. I suspect you have an MDB, which
    is an asynchrous consumer, already processing messages
    before the QueueBrowser is initialized.

    The message backlog size is tunable on the connection
    factory via the "MessagesMaximum" configurable.

    Jeff wrote:

    > I have a JMS store which contains messages from my Queue. Upon system startup,
    > I try to browse the store for all the messages so that I can initialize a monitor
    > class. I looks like weblogic 8.1 caches the first 10 messages, but does not include
    > these in the list of messages returned from the QueueBrowser.getEnumeration().
    >
    > Has anyone seen this behavior, know about this message caching? solution?

+ Reply to Thread