Time To Deliver - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Time To Deliver - Weblogic ; Is there any way in which one can set the time-to-deliver on the JMS message. For certain messages , we wish to determine the time-to-deliver upfront and then send it to the queue....

  1. Time To Deliver

    Is there any way in which one can set the time-to-deliver on the JMS message. For
    certain messages , we wish to determine the time-to-deliver upfront and then send
    it to the queue.

  2. Re: Time To Deliver

    Hi Kevin,

    The answer is yes. Read the JMS Programmer's Guide:
    http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/jms/...t.html#1235262

    For a complete list of WL JMS features, see:
    http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/jms/...l#jms_features

    Tom

    Kevin Sharfman wrote:

    > Is there any way in which one can set the time-to-deliver on the JMS message. For
    > certain messages , we wish to determine the time-to-deliver upfront and then send
    > it to the queue.

  3. Re: Time To Deliver

    Thankyou Tom . However, should one set the TimeToDeliver value on the message or
    on the message producer. I am a little confused with this as it is my understanding
    from the web docs that it should be set on the producer and not the message which
    does not quite make sense.

    Tom Barnes
    wrote:
    >Hi Kevin,
    >
    >The answer is yes. Read the JMS Programmer's Guide:
    >http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/jms/...t.html#1235262
    >
    >For a complete list of WL JMS features, see:
    >http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/jms/...l#jms_features
    >
    >Tom
    >
    >Kevin Sharfman wrote:
    >
    >> Is there any way in which one can set the time-to-deliver on the JMS

    >message. For
    >> certain messages , we wish to determine the time-to-deliver upfront

    >and then send
    >> it to the queue.

  4. Re: Time To Deliver

    The message producer. Not the message. The documentation
    contains a section on this exact issue. As does the JMS FAQ.

    The reason is that a few similar JMS message setter fields are for
    internal use only, as per JMS specification.

    Kevin wrote:

    > Thankyou Tom . However, should one set the TimeToDeliver value on the message or
    > on the message producer. I am a little confused with this as it is my understanding
    > from the web docs that it should be set on the producer and not the message which
    > does not quite make sense.
    >
    > Tom Barnes
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi Kevin,
    >>
    >>The answer is yes. Read the JMS Programmer's Guide:
    >>http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/jms/...t.html#1235262
    >>
    >>For a complete list of WL JMS features, see:
    >>http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/jms/...l#jms_features
    >>
    >>Tom
    >>
    >>Kevin Sharfman wrote:
    >>

    >>>Is there any way in which one can set the time-to-deliver on the JMS

    >>message. For
    >>
    >>>certain messages , we wish to determine the time-to-deliver upfront

    >>and then send
    >>
    >>>it to the queue.

  5. Re: Time To Deliver

    So, am i correct in saying that the time-to-deliver on a message must be set on
    the producer. However, this value will be overidden if it is also set on the factory.

    Tom Barnes
    wrote:
    >The message producer. Not the message. The documentation
    >contains a section on this exact issue. As does the JMS FAQ.
    >
    >The reason is that a few similar JMS message setter fields are for
    >internal use only, as per JMS specification.
    >
    >Kevin wrote:
    >
    >> Thankyou Tom . However, should one set the TimeToDeliver value on the

    >message or
    >> on the message producer. I am a little confused with this as it is

    > my understanding
    >> from the web docs that it should be set on the producer and not the

    >message which
    >> does not quite make sense.
    >>
    >> Tom Barnes
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi Kevin,
    >>>
    >>>The answer is yes. Read the JMS Programmer's Guide:
    >>>http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/jms/...t.html#1235262
    >>>
    >>>For a complete list of WL JMS features, see:
    >>>http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/jms/...l#jms_features
    >>>
    >>>Tom

    >>>message. For

    >>>and then send

  6. Re: Time To Deliver

    The order of precedence for this setting is:

    factory is overridden by producer is overridden by destination

    Other settings have similar behavior.

    Kevin Sharfman wrote:
    > So, am i correct in saying that the time-to-deliver on a message must be set on
    > the producer. However, this value will be overidden if it is also set on the factory.
    >

    > Tom Barnes
    > wrote:
    >
    >>The message producer. Not the message. The documentation
    >>contains a section on this exact issue. As does the JMS FAQ.
    >>
    >>The reason is that a few similar JMS message setter fields are for
    >>internal use only, as per JMS specification.
    >>
    >>Kevin wrote:
    >>

    >>>Thankyou Tom . However, should one set the TimeToDeliver value on the

    >>message or
    >>
    >>>on the message producer. I am a little confused with this as it is

    >>my understanding
    >>
    >>>from the web docs that it should be set on the producer and not the

    >>message which
    >>
    >>>does not quite make sense.
    >>>
    >>>Tom Barnes

+ Reply to Thread