Error in weblogic.jms.client.JMSXASession.getXAResource - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Error in weblogic.jms.client.JMSXASession.getXAResource - Weblogic ; We have our own Enterprise server based on J2EE that has its own transaction Manager. When we try to intitialize the connection to one of the jms Connection factory in weblogic8.1, we get following error: java.lang.IllegalStateException,stack=java.lang.Il legalStateException: can only be ...

  1. Error in weblogic.jms.client.JMSXASession.getXAResource

    We have our own Enterprise server based on J2EE that has its own transaction
    Manager. When we try to intitialize the connection to one of the jms
    Connection factory in weblogic8.1, we get following error:

    java.lang.IllegalStateException,stack=java.lang.Il legalStateException: can
    only be called from server

    at weblogic.jms.client.JMSXASession.getXAResource(JMS XASession.java:87)

    Can anybody tell us what are we doing wrong here..

    thanks

  2. Re: Error in weblogic.jms.client.JMSXASession.getXAResource

    WL JMS XA sessions can only supply an XAResource if
    they are running on an application on a WL server.

    If you desire more capability, consider filing
    an enhancement request with BEA support.

    Vijay Laxmi wrote:

    > We have our own Enterprise server based on J2EE that has its own transaction
    > Manager. When we try to intitialize the connection to one of the jms
    > Connection factory in weblogic8.1, we get following error:
    >
    > java.lang.IllegalStateException,stack=java.lang.Il legalStateException: can
    > only be called from server
    >
    > at weblogic.jms.client.JMSXASession.getXAResource(JMS XASession.java:87)
    >
    > Can anybody tell us what are we doing wrong here..
    >
    > thanks

  3. Re: Error in weblogic.jms.client.JMSXASession.getXAResource

    Tom,
    Thanks for the prompt reply. Really appreciated.

    Vijay Laxmi

    "Tom Barnes"

    wrote in message news:407EC791.3020707@newsgroups.bea.com...
    > WL JMS XA sessions can only supply an XAResource if
    > they are running on an application on a WL server.
    >
    > If you desire more capability, consider filing
    > an enhancement request with BEA support.
    >
    > Vijay Laxmi wrote:
    >
    > > We have our own Enterprise server based on J2EE that has its own

    transaction
    > > Manager. When we try to intitialize the connection to one of the jms
    > > Connection factory in weblogic8.1, we get following error:
    > >
    > > java.lang.IllegalStateException,stack=java.lang.Il legalStateException:

    can
    > > only be called from server
    > >
    > > at weblogic.jms.client.JMSXASession.getXAResource(JMS XASession.java:87)
    > >
    > > Can anybody tell us what are we doing wrong here..
    > >
    > > thanks

  4. Re: Error in weblogic.jms.client.JMSXASession.getXAResource

    Hi Vijay,

    I failed to much that there is old but unsupported extension that allows
    for calling getXAResource on the client - I don't know its status,
    and I'm not sure if it is regularly tested:

    (weblogic.jms.client.JMSXASession).getXAResource(
    Context ctx, String serverName)

    The following google search will yield you more information
    about the history and reasoning behind it:

    "client getXAResource group:weblogic.developer.interest.jms"

    Tom