Distributed Topic - MDB deployment (8.1sp2) - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Distributed Topic - MDB deployment (8.1sp2) - Weblogic ; Am I missing something with this, --Set up Ddevelopment environment XP machine running 8.1sp2 I have a distributed topic set up across a three server cluster, each server has a jms server, each jms server has a queue (all unique ...

  1. Distributed Topic - MDB deployment (8.1sp2)

    Am I missing something with this,

    --Set up Ddevelopment environment XP machine running 8.1sp2

    I have a distributed topic set up across a three server cluster, each server has
    a jms server, each jms server has a queue (all unique names), each server can
    publish to the topic using the distributed JNDI name. All ok.

    A single MDB is deployed across the cluster which connects to the distributed
    JNDI name and acts on the message, all ok.

    Example: message sent by server2 to distributed topic, all three servers act through
    their deplopyed MDB

    Now if I remove the topic hosted on server3 from the distributed topic configuration,
    I can still publish to the topic through the distibuted topic jndi name, the MDBs
    on server 1 and 2 still act, though MDB on server three just does not listen,
    no mdb instances.

    If I change the distributed topic at this point for the physical topic on server
    one, then the server 3 connects a mdb as a consumer.

    Does this imply that when using distributed topics, one must deploy a member of
    the distributed topic set on each server where mdbs are required?
    i.e. we can not de-couple the topic and consumer as in the above example of connecting
    directly to the physical topic?
    So to provide fail over and scalability we would have a jms server on every server
    in the cluster, if the mdb action were required on each cluster member? Keeping
    with all the uniqe is this not a bit of an caveat?

    Will be glad of any direction on this

  2. Re: Distributed Topic - MDB deployment (8.1sp2)

    David

    I think what you are seeing is the exapected behavior.
    Here is the documentation explaining the MDB and DD deployment process:

    http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs81/ejb/message_beans.html

    Hope this helps.

    Kats
    BEA
    "David" wrote:

    >Am I missing something with this,
    >
    >--Set up Ddevelopment environment XP machine running 8.1sp2
    >
    >I have a distributed topic set up across a three server cluster, each
    >server has
    >a jms server, each jms server has a queue (all unique names), each server
    >can
    >publish to the topic using the distributed JNDI name. All ok.
    >
    >A single MDB is deployed across the cluster which connects to the distributed
    >JNDI name and acts on the message, all ok.
    >
    >Example: message sent by server2 to distributed topic, all three servers
    >act through
    >their deplopyed MDB
    >
    >Now if I remove the topic hosted on server3 from the distributed topic
    >configuration,
    >I can still publish to the topic through the distibuted topic jndi name,
    >the MDBs
    >on server 1 and 2 still act, though MDB on server three just does not
    >listen,
    >no mdb instances.
    >
    >If I change the distributed topic at this point for the physical topic
    >on server
    >one, then the server 3 connects a mdb as a consumer.
    >
    >Does this imply that when using distributed topics, one must deploy a
    >member of
    >the distributed topic set on each server where mdbs are required?
    >i.e. we can not de-couple the topic and consumer as in the above example
    >of connecting
    >directly to the physical topic?
    >So to provide fail over and scalability we would have a jms server on
    >every server
    >in the cluster, if the mdb action were required on each cluster member?
    > Keeping
    >with all the uniqe is this not a bit of an caveat?
    >
    >Will be glad of any direction on this

+ Reply to Thread