JMS Error queue's - Weblogic

This is a discussion on JMS Error queue's - Weblogic ; Hi there, Can someone keep me on the right track I'm carrying out some research at the moment about Message Specific error handling. In it I'm looking to find out about all the scenarios (apart from miss-configuration) in which messages ...

  1. JMS Error queue's

    Hi there,

    Can someone keep me on the right track

    I'm carrying out some research at the moment about Message Specific error handling.
    In it I'm looking to find out about all the scenarios (apart from miss-configuration)
    in which messages may end up being routed to a JMS error queue.

    As far as I've been able to uncover there are two scenarios that the administrator
    can do some configuration to allows this to happen. These are:

    Business Logic errors Messages which are read by a workflow that contains
    a payload which does not satisfy whatever business logic is in place. The work
    flows may then route this message to a defined error queue.
    Undeliverable messages Messages which cannot be successfully consumed by
    the intended recipient can be sent to an error queue

    Are there any more components which can be configured to trap and route messages
    to an error queue.

    I believe there is another scenario which a message's XML payload can be checked
    for Incorrect grammar against an XML schema, although I've been unable find out
    which component takes care of this, I'd have thought this may be another business
    logic error and as such be covered in the scenario above

    Any pointers to documents or ideas greatly appreciated

    kind regards
    Barry

  2. Re: JMS Error queue's

    I've been searching through someother pieces of info and have found that the point
    I was making:

    >I believe there is another scenario which a message's XML payload can
    >be checked
    >for Incorrect grammar against an XML schema, although I've been unable
    >find out
    >which component takes care of this, I'd have thought this may be another
    >business

    Is done when MDB's try to deliver messages to a workflow then first look up the
    store which has contains all the event key's to match the message against, if
    no event key's match the message is sent to the wli_bpm_error queue.

    Would anyone know of any other scenario that messages are routed to JMS error
    queue's?

    "Barry Myles" wrote:

    >Hi there,
    >
    >Can someone keep me on the right track
    >
    >I'm carrying out some research at the moment about Message Specific error
    >handling.
    >In it I'm looking to find out about all the scenarios (apart from miss-configuration)
    >in which messages may end up being routed to a JMS error queue.
    >
    >As far as I've been able to uncover there are two scenarios that the
    >administrator
    >can do some configuration to allows this to happen. These are:
    >
    > Business Logic errors Messages which are read by a workflow that
    >contains
    >a payload which does not satisfy whatever business logic is in place.
    >The work
    >flows may then route this message to a defined error queue.
    > Undeliverable messages Messages which cannot be successfully consumed
    >by
    >the intended recipient can be sent to an error queue
    >
    >Are there any more components which can be configured to trap and route
    >messages
    >to an error queue.
    >
    >I believe there is another scenario which a message's XML payload can
    >be checked
    >for Incorrect grammar against an XML schema, although I've been unable
    >find out
    >which component takes care of this, I'd have thought this may be another
    >business
    >logic error and as such be covered in the scenario above
    >
    >Any pointers to documents or ideas greatly appreciated
    >
    >kind regards
    >Barry

  3. Re: JMS Error queue's

    Hi Barry,

    This newsgroup is dedicated to WL JMS - it is up to
    layered products (such as WLI) and/or customer
    applications as to how and when WL JMS redelivery-limits
    and error-destinations are leveraged. You might
    try posting to one of these newsgroups:
    weblogic.integration.developer
    weblogic.developer.interest.workshop
    weblogic.developer.interest.webservices

    That said, I can think of one more use case: expired
    message redirection to error destinations. This
    provides a way to detect and process messages that have not
    been handled in a timely manner.

    Tom

    Barry Myles wrote:

    > I've been searching through someother pieces of info and have found that the point
    > I was making:
    >

    >>I believe there is another scenario which a message's XML payload can
    >>be checked
    >>for Incorrect grammar against an XML schema, although I've been unable
    >>find out
    >>which component takes care of this, I'd have thought this may be another
    >>business

    > Is done when MDB's try to deliver messages to a workflow then first look up the
    > store which has contains all the event key's to match the message against, if
    > no event key's match the message is sent to the wli_bpm_error queue.
    >
    > Would anyone know of any other scenario that messages are routed to JMS error
    > queue's?
    >
    > "Barry Myles" wrote:
    >
    >>Hi there,
    >>
    >>Can someone keep me on the right track
    >>
    >>I'm carrying out some research at the moment about Message Specific error
    >>handling.
    >>In it I'm looking to find out about all the scenarios (apart from miss-configuration)
    >>in which messages may end up being routed to a JMS error queue.
    >>
    >>As far as I've been able to uncover there are two scenarios that the
    >>administrator
    >>can do some configuration to allows this to happen. These are:
    >>
    >> Business Logic errors Messages which are read by a workflow that
    >>contains
    >>a payload which does not satisfy whatever business logic is in place.
    >>The work
    >>flows may then route this message to a defined error queue.
    >> Undeliverable messages Messages which cannot be successfully consumed
    >>by
    >>the intended recipient can be sent to an error queue
    >>
    >>Are there any more components which can be configured to trap and route
    >>messages
    >>to an error queue.
    >>
    >>I believe there is another scenario which a message's XML payload can
    >>be checked
    >>for Incorrect grammar against an XML schema, although I've been unable
    >>find out
    >>which component takes care of this, I'd have thought this may be another
    >>business
    >>logic error and as such be covered in the scenario above
    >>
    >>Any pointers to documents or ideas greatly appreciated
    >>
    >>kind regards
    >>Barry

  4. Re: JMS Error queue's

    Appologies for the of topic post but thanks for the info!

    Tom Barnes

+ Reply to Thread