Setting MQ Get Option in MDB - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Setting MQ Get Option in MDB - Weblogic ; I would like to know if there's a way to set the MQ Get Option in MDB? I'd like to set this flag MQC.MQGMO_CONVERT since I'm getting this exception javax.jms.MessageFormatException: MQJMS1046: The character set 1051 is not supported...

  1. Setting MQ Get Option in MDB

    I would like to know if there's a way to set the MQ Get Option in MDB? I'd like
    to set this flag MQC.MQGMO_CONVERT since I'm getting this exception

    javax.jms.MessageFormatException: MQJMS1046: The character set 1051 is not supported

  2. Re: Setting MQ Get Option in MDB

    There's an awful lot of information in the IBM "MQSeries Using Java" manual
    about this stuff.

    http://www-306.ibm.com/software/inte...osslatest.html

    MQSeries JMS relies on Java to convert incoming text messages from whatever
    character set they're in. I don't see anything in the documentation that can
    make it set MQGMO_CONVERT when it receives a message. The idea is that Java
    does it instead (since Java can convert many character sets).

    I looked in the JDK documentation, and I don't see 1051 as a character set
    that's supported by Java. Maybe that's your problem. I don't know if there's
    anything you can do about this -- you may need to contact IBM for help.

    Just for grins, what platform and JVM are you on?

    greg

    "Jerson Chua" wrote in message

    > I would like to know if there's a way to set the MQ Get Option in MDB? I'd

    like
    > to set this flag MQC.MQGMO_CONVERT since I'm getting this exception
    >
    > javax.jms.MessageFormatException: MQJMS1046: The character set 1051 is not

    supported

+ Reply to Thread