JMS File Store Locks - Weblogic

This is a discussion on JMS File Store Locks - Weblogic ; Hi , About once a week our JMS Server hangs due to the file store becomming locked and only a reboot solves the problem (for about a week). We are currently running WL7 SP2 on a Win2k server. Any ideas? ...

  1. JMS File Store Locks

    Hi ,

    About once a week our JMS Server hangs due to the file store becomming locked
    and only a reboot solves the problem (for about a week). We are currently running
    WL7 SP2 on a Win2k server. Any ideas?

    #### '11' for queue: 'JMS.TimerClientPool'> <> <040051> "MyJMSServer", store failure while deleting message for destination notification/jms/postDataGatherQueue,
    java.io.IOException: JMS store, file = , path = STORE000000.DAT>: error during write, java.io.IOException: The process cannot
    access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.>
    java.io.IOException: JMS store, file = , path = STORE000000.DAT>: error during write, java.io.IOException: The process cannot
    access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file
    at weblogic.jms.store.FileIOFile.throwIOException(Fil eIOFile.java:61)
    at weblogic.jms.store.FileIOFile.writeInt(FileIOFile. java:214)
    at weblogic.jms.store.FileIOStream.delete(FileIOStrea m.java:638)
    at weblogic.jms.store.StoreRequest.doTheIO(StoreReque st.java:270)
    at weblogic.jms.store.JMSStore.execute(JMSStore.java: 249)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThrea d.java:213

  2. Re: JMS File Store Locks

    Hi Kevin,

    This is very odd, as only one process ever opens
    the store's file. Perhaps there is a misconfiguration
    where two WL stores refer to
    the same exact file (which *will*
    result in unpredictable behavior and data loss).

    Make sure that you aren't booting the same
    WL server twice, and make sure that you
    are not running two WL stores that have the same
    name and use the same directory.

    Tom

    Kevin Sharfman wrote:
    > Hi ,
    >
    > About once a week our JMS Server hangs due to the file store becomming locked
    > and only a reboot solves the problem (for about a week). We are currently running
    > WL7 SP2 on a Win2k server. Any ideas?
    >
    > #### > '11' for queue: 'JMS.TimerClientPool'> <> <040051> > "MyJMSServer", store failure while deleting message for destination notification/jms/postDataGatherQueue,
    > java.io.IOException: JMS store, file = , path = > STORE000000.DAT>: error during write, java.io.IOException: The process cannot
    > access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.>
    > java.io.IOException: JMS store, file = , path = > STORE000000.DAT>: error during write, java.io.IOException: The process cannot
    > access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file
    > at weblogic.jms.store.FileIOFile.throwIOException(Fil eIOFile.java:61)
    > at weblogic.jms.store.FileIOFile.writeInt(FileIOFile. java:214)
    > at weblogic.jms.store.FileIOStream.delete(FileIOStrea m.java:638)
    > at weblogic.jms.store.StoreRequest.doTheIO(StoreReque st.java:270)
    > at weblogic.jms.store.JMSStore.execute(JMSStore.java: 249)
    > at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThrea d.java:213

  3. Re: JMS File Store Locks

    Hi Tom, In our instance there is only one WL Store and no other instances running.
    The store, is however, heavily used with 16 queues configured. We often find that
    this happens during high load , but very intermittently. In one week, it could
    happen three times and then after 3 months.

    I initially suspected this to be anti-virus sofware, but it has since been disabled.

    Kevin

    Tom Barnes
    wrote:
    >Hi Kevin,
    >
    >This is very odd, as only one process ever opens
    >the store's file. Perhaps there is a misconfiguration
    >where two WL stores refer to
    >the same exact file (which *will*
    >result in unpredictable behavior and data loss).
    >
    >Make sure that you aren't booting the same
    >WL server twice, and make sure that you
    >are not running two WL stores that have the same
    >name and use the same directory.
    >
    >Tom
    >
    >Kevin Sharfman wrote:
    >> Hi ,
    >>
    >> About once a week our JMS Server hangs due to the file store becomming

    >locked
    >> and only a reboot solves the problem (for about a week). We are currently

    >running
    >> WL7 SP2 on a Win2k server. Any ideas?
    >>
    >> ####

    >> '11' for queue: 'JMS.TimerClientPool'> <> <040051>

    >> "MyJMSServer", store failure while deleting message for destination
    >notification/jms/postDataGatherQueue,
    >> java.io.IOException: JMS store, file = ,

    >path =
    >> STORE000000.DAT>: error during write, java.io.IOException: The process
    >cannot
    >> access the file because another process has locked a portion of the

    >file.>
    >> java.io.IOException: JMS store, file = ,

    >path =
    >> STORE000000.DAT>: error during write, java.io.IOException: The process
    >cannot
    >> access the file because another process has locked a portion of the

    >file
    >> at weblogic.jms.store.FileIOFile.throwIOException(Fil eIOFile.java:61)
    >> at weblogic.jms.store.FileIOFile.writeInt(FileIOFile. java:214)
    >> at weblogic.jms.store.FileIOStream.delete(FileIOStrea m.java:638)
    >> at weblogic.jms.store.StoreRequest.doTheIO(StoreReque st.java:270)
    >> at weblogic.jms.store.JMSStore.execute(JMSStore.java: 249)
    >> at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThrea d.java:213

  4. Re: JMS File Store Locks

    This exception is being thrown by the O/S and
    rethrown by Java. Perhaps you are running
    backup software?

    What is your operating system, and JVM?
    How many stores are running on the server?

    Tom

    Kevin Sharfman wrote:

    > Hi Tom, In our instance there is only one WL Store and no other instances running.
    > The store, is however, heavily used with 16 queues configured. We often find that
    > this happens during high load , but very intermittently. In one week, it could
    > happen three times and then after 3 months.
    >
    > I initially suspected this to be anti-virus sofware, but it has since been disabled.
    >
    > Kevin
    >

    > Tom Barnes
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi Kevin,
    >>
    >>This is very odd, as only one process ever opens
    >>the store's file. Perhaps there is a misconfiguration
    >>where two WL stores refer to
    >>the same exact file (which *will*
    >>result in unpredictable behavior and data loss).
    >>
    >>Make sure that you aren't booting the same
    >>WL server twice, and make sure that you
    >>are not running two WL stores that have the same
    >>name and use the same directory.
    >>
    >>Tom
    >>
    >>Kevin Sharfman wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi ,
    >>>
    >>>About once a week our JMS Server hangs due to the file store becomming

    >>locked
    >>
    >>>and only a reboot solves the problem (for about a week). We are currently

    >>running
    >>
    >>>WL7 SP2 on a Win2k server. Any ideas?
    >>>
    >>>####

    >>>'11' for queue: 'JMS.TimerClientPool'> <> <040051>

    >>>"MyJMSServer", store failure while deleting message for destination

    >>notification/jms/postDataGatherQueue,
    >>
    >>>java.io.IOException: JMS store, file = ,

    >>path = >>
    >>>STORE000000.DAT>: error during write, java.io.IOException: The process

    >>cannot
    >>
    >>>access the file because another process has locked a portion of the

    >>file.>
    >>
    >>>java.io.IOException: JMS store, file = ,

    >>path = >>
    >>>STORE000000.DAT>: error during write, java.io.IOException: The process

    >>cannot
    >>
    >>>access the file because another process has locked a portion of the

    >>file
    >>
    >>> at weblogic.jms.store.FileIOFile.throwIOException(Fil eIOFile.java:61)
    >>> at weblogic.jms.store.FileIOFile.writeInt(FileIOFile. java:214)
    >>> at weblogic.jms.store.FileIOStream.delete(FileIOStrea m.java:638)
    >>> at weblogic.jms.store.StoreRequest.doTheIO(StoreReque st.java:270)
    >>> at weblogic.jms.store.JMSStore.execute(JMSStore.java: 249)
    >>> at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThrea d.java:213

  5. Re: JMS File Store Locks

    Hi Tom, we are running one store , Win2k, WL SP2 using JDK1.3.06. There is backup
    software on the machine. I will have out IT Dept exclude the file store.

    Kevin

    Tom Barnes

+ Reply to Thread