QueueBrowser and Session problems - Weblogic

This is a discussion on QueueBrowser and Session problems - Weblogic ; Hi, I'm trying to create a QueueBrowser on WL 6.1-SP4/JDK 1.3.0-01, and I keep getting the following exception: weblogic.jms.common.JMSException: Session not found at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicOutboundRequest.sendRec eive(BasicOutboundRequest.java:85) at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicRemoteRef.invoke(BasicR emoteRef.java:135) at weblogic.rmi.internal.ProxyStub.invoke(ProxyStub.j ava:35) at $Proxy2.dispatchSyncFuture(Unknown Source) at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherWrapperState.dis patchSync(DispatcherWrapperState.java:262) at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.createBackEndBrowse r(JMSSession.java:1454) ...

  1. QueueBrowser and Session problems

    Hi,

    I'm trying to create a QueueBrowser on WL 6.1-SP4/JDK 1.3.0-01, and I keep getting
    the following exception:

    weblogic.jms.common.JMSException: Session not found
    at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicOutboundRequest.sendRec eive(BasicOutboundRequest.java:85)
    at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicRemoteRef.invoke(BasicR emoteRef.java:135)
    at weblogic.rmi.internal.ProxyStub.invoke(ProxyStub.j ava:35)
    at $Proxy2.dispatchSyncFuture(Unknown Source)
    at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherWrapperState.dis patchSync(DispatcherWrapperState.java:262)
    at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.createBackEndBrowse r(JMSSession.java:1454)
    at weblogic.jms.client.JMSQueueBrowser.(JMSQueueBrowser.java:44)
    at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.createBrowser(JMSSe ssion.java:1206)
    at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.createBrowser(JMSSe ssion.java:1172)
    at com.gs.eq.sl.jmsqueuemonitor.JMSQueueMonitor.creat eBrowser(JMSQueueMonitor.java:110)

    My code is very simple:
    * I lookup a QueueConnectionFactory
    * I create a QueueConnection from it
    * I lookup the Queue
    * I create a session from the connection
    * I create a browser using the session/queue.

    My code (last line in stack-trace above) looks like:

    QueueConnectionFactory queueFactory = (QueueConnectionFactory)PortableRemoteObject.narro w(
    ic.lookup("jms.factory.QueueConnectionFactory", QueueConnectionFactory.class);
    QueueConnection queueConn = queueFactory.createQueueConnection();
    Queue queue = (Queue)PortableRemoteObject.narrow(ic.lookup(queue JNDIName),
    Queue.class);
    QueueSession queueSess = queueConn.createQueueSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
    QueueBrowser browser = queueSess.createBrowser(queue); // Line 110

    Please help.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: QueueBrowser and Session problems

    Sorry, the JDK version is 1.3.1-01, not 1.3.0-01.

    "Perry Renjen" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm trying to create a QueueBrowser on WL 6.1-SP4/JDK 1.3.1-01, and I
    >keep getting
    >the following exception:
    >
    >weblogic.jms.common.JMSException: Session not found
    > at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicOutboundRequest.sendRec eive(BasicOutboundRequest.java:85)
    > at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicRemoteRef.invoke(BasicR emoteRef.java:135)
    > at weblogic.rmi.internal.ProxyStub.invoke(ProxyStub.j ava:35)
    > at $Proxy2.dispatchSyncFuture(Unknown Source)
    > at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherWrapperState.dis patchSync(DispatcherWrapperState.java:262)
    > at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.createBackEndBrowse r(JMSSession.java:1454)
    > at weblogic.jms.client.JMSQueueBrowser.(JMSQueueBrowser.java:44)
    > at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.createBrowser(JMSSe ssion.java:1206)
    > at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.createBrowser(JMSSe ssion.java:1172)
    > at com.gs.eq.sl.jmsqueuemonitor.JMSQueueMonitor.creat eBrowser(JMSQueueMonitor.java:110)
    >

    >My code is very simple:
    >* I lookup a QueueConnectionFactory
    >* I create a QueueConnection from it
    >* I lookup the Queue
    >* I create a session from the connection
    >* I create a browser using the session/queue.
    >

    >My code (last line in stack-trace above) looks like:
    >
    > QueueConnectionFactory queueFactory = (QueueConnectionFactory)PortableRemoteObject.narro w(
    > ic.lookup("jms.factory.QueueConnectionFactory",
    >QueueConnectionFactory.class);
    > QueueConnection queueConn = queueFactory.createQueueConnection();
    > Queue queue = (Queue)PortableRemoteObject.narrow(ic.lookup(queue JNDIName),
    >Queue.class);
    > QueueSession queueSess = queueConn.createQueueSession(false,
    >Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
    > QueueBrowser browser = queueSess.createBrowser(queue); // Line
    >110
    >
    >Please help.
    >
    >Thanks.

  3. Re: QueueBrowser and Session problems

    Hmm, I wonder if there is a naming conflict. If
    the client is contacting multiple WL servers make
    sure:

    each WL domain
    each WL server
    each JMS server
    and each JMS store

    are named differently. Even if they are in
    different domains. If this isn't the problem,
    you can post your config.xml, and I'll take
    a quick look at it.

    Tom

    Perry Renjen wrote:

    > Sorry, the JDK version is 1.3.1-01, not 1.3.0-01.
    >
    > "Perry Renjen" wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I'm trying to create a QueueBrowser on WL 6.1-SP4/JDK 1.3.1-01, and I
    >>keep getting
    >>the following exception:
    >>
    >>weblogic.jms.common.JMSException: Session not found
    >> at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicOutboundRequest.sendRec eive(BasicOutboundRequest.java:85)
    >> at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicRemoteRef.invoke(BasicR emoteRef.java:135)
    >> at weblogic.rmi.internal.ProxyStub.invoke(ProxyStub.j ava:35)
    >> at $Proxy2.dispatchSyncFuture(Unknown Source)
    >> at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherWrapperState.dis patchSync(DispatcherWrapperState.java:262)
    >> at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.createBackEndBrowse r(JMSSession.java:1454)
    >> at weblogic.jms.client.JMSQueueBrowser.(JMSQueueBrowser.java:44)
    >> at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.createBrowser(JMSSe ssion.java:1206)
    >> at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.createBrowser(JMSSe ssion.java:1172)
    >> at com.gs.eq.sl.jmsqueuemonitor.JMSQueueMonitor.creat eBrowser(JMSQueueMonitor.java:110)
    >>

    >>My code is very simple:
    >>* I lookup a QueueConnectionFactory
    >>* I create a QueueConnection from it
    >>* I lookup the Queue
    >>* I create a session from the connection
    >>* I create a browser using the session/queue.
    >>

    >>My code (last line in stack-trace above) looks like:
    >>
    >> QueueConnectionFactory queueFactory = (QueueConnectionFactory)PortableRemoteObject.narro w(
    >> ic.lookup("jms.factory.QueueConnectionFactory",
    >>QueueConnectionFactory.class);
    >> QueueConnection queueConn = queueFactory.createQueueConnection();
    >> Queue queue = (Queue)PortableRemoteObject.narrow(ic.lookup(queue JNDIName),
    >>Queue.class);
    >> QueueSession queueSess = queueConn.createQueueSession(false,
    >>Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
    >> QueueBrowser browser = queueSess.createBrowser(queue); // Line
    >>110
    >>
    >>Please help.
    >>
    >>Thanks.

  4. Re: QueueBrowser and Session problems

    Hi Perry,

    After a quick look, I'm still not sure what
    could be going wrong. I have wild
    guesses, but the exception you are getting
    is odd, and I suggest that you contact customer
    support (with a reproducer) if you haven't already.

    The wild guesses:

    (1) Check your log file for Warning/Error messages.

    (2) Make extra sure that the code is using right URL
    for the JMS server.

    (3) Try calling connection.start() before creating
    the browsers.

    (4) Try naming the JNDI name of the problem queue
    something else - I wonder if the re-use of JNDI
    subpaths introduced a conflict:

    jms/queue/NYPestSvcQ
    jms/queue/cprc/RateChangeError
    jms.queue.SII_TRADES_OUT
    jms.queue.CM_REQUEST
    jms/queue/GHOST/CPRS/Error
    jms/queue/CSW/out
    jms.queue.TEST
    jms.queue.SII_ERROR
    jms/queue/CPS/out
    jms/queue/SampleQueue
    jms/queue/DefaultDeadMessage
    jms/queue/GLO/out
    jms.queue.TEST_GHOST_OUT
    jms/queue/arrangedfinancing/ArrangedFinancingQueue
    jms/queue/PestDBMgrQ
    jms/queue/cprc/RateChange
    jms.queue.EUROGOV_OUT
    jms/queue/arrangedfinancing/ArrangedFinancingReportQueue
    jms/queue/SLK/Bridge
    jms/queue/EMarketDefaultDeadMessage

    (Note that WebLogic treates "/" and "." as equivalent.)

+ Reply to Thread