JMS Chunk Size - Weblogic

This is a discussion on JMS Chunk Size - Weblogic ; I was going through the JMS Performance Guide, Section 4.2.3 about Tuning Chunk Size. The section provides a guideline for estimating the optimal chunk size: 4096 * n -16. The 16 bytes are for internal headers. Base on the text, ...

  1. JMS Chunk Size

    I was going through the JMS Performance Guide, Section 4.2.3 about Tuning Chunk
    Size. The section provides a guideline for estimating the optimal chunk size:
    4096 * n -16. The 16 bytes are for internal headers. Base on the text, the chunk
    size should be 4080 (also the default). My question is that wouldn't the suggested
    calculation 4096 * n - 16 double counting the 16 bytes? Shouldn't 4080 * n + 16
    be the correct calculation for the final size and the chunk size should simply
    be 4080 * n?

    Thanks for your help.

    Gabe

  2. Re: JMS Chunk Size

    Hi Gabe,

    The internal header is one per chunk, so I think
    (4096 * n) - 16 is correct.

    Tom

    Gabriel Leung wrote:

    > I was going through the JMS Performance Guide, Section 4.2.3 about Tuning Chunk
    > Size. The section provides a guideline for estimating the optimal chunk size:
    > 4096 * n -16. The 16 bytes are for internal headers. Base on the text, the chunk
    > size should be 4080 (also the default). My question is that wouldn't the suggested
    > calculation 4096 * n - 16 double counting the 16 bytes? Shouldn't 4080 * n + 16
    > be the correct calculation for the final size and the chunk size should simply
    > be 4080 * n?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Gabe

+ Reply to Thread