Maximum size of a BytesMessage - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Maximum size of a BytesMessage - Weblogic ; Does anyone know what is the maximum size of a BytesMessage acceptable for the WebLogic7? I'm sending BytesMessages from a remote JVM, and when the capacity of the message exceeds 10MB an exception is thrown: Exception in thread "main" weblogic.jms.common.JMSException: ...

  1. Maximum size of a BytesMessage

    Does anyone know what is the maximum size of a BytesMessage acceptable for
    the WebLogic7?
    I'm sending BytesMessages from a remote JVM, and when the capacity of the
    message exceeds 10MB an exception is thrown:

    Exception in thread "main" weblogic.jms.common.JMSException: ; nested
    exception is:
    java.io.EOFException
    at
    weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherWrapperState.dis patchSyncTran(DispatcherWrapperState.java:336)
    at weblogic.jms.client.JMSProducer._send(JMSProducer. java:332)
    at weblogic.jms.client.JMSProducer.send(JMSProducer.j ava:172)
    ----------- Linked Exception -----------
    weblogic.rjvm.PeerGoneException: ; nested exception is:
    java.io.EOFException
    at
    weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicOutboundRequest.sendRec eive(BasicOutboundRequest.java:109)
    at
    weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicRemoteRef.invoke(BasicR emoteRef.java:127)
    at
    weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherImpl_WLStub.disp atchSyncTranFuture(Unknown
    Source)
    at
    weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherWrapperState.dis patchSyncTran(DispatcherWrapperState.java:319)

    --
    Marcin Augustyniak

  2. Re: Maximum size of a BytesMessage

    Hi,

    There is no maximum messages for WL JMS messages. But
    I think I know what the problem is - the maximum size
    of a WebLogic network packet defaults to 10MB. This is
    configurable on a per server basis in its network configuration
    (eg this is not a JMS setting but is instead a WL server setting).

    With WL JMS take special note that multiple messages
    may be pushed to an asynchronous receiver at a time - further
    increasing the size of a packet. This is tunable
    on connection factories via the MessagesMaximum property
    (default is 10).

    Since this is a misleading exception, please consider
    filing a case with customer support to make sure it gets
    cleaned up.

    Tom

    P.S. If you haven't already, and performance is
    an issue, I strongly advise
    considering compressing your data before putting it
    into a message.

    yazzva wrote:

    > Does anyone know what is the maximum size of a BytesMessage acceptable
    > for the WebLogic7?
    > I'm sending BytesMessages from a remote JVM, and when the capacity of
    > the message exceeds 10MB an exception is thrown:
    >
    > Exception in thread "main" weblogic.jms.common.JMSException: ; nested
    > exception is:
    > java.io.EOFException
    > at
    > weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherWrapperState.dis patchSyncTran(DispatcherWrapperState.java:336)
    >
    > at weblogic.jms.client.JMSProducer._send(JMSProducer. java:332)
    > at weblogic.jms.client.JMSProducer.send(JMSProducer.j ava:172)
    > ----------- Linked Exception -----------
    > weblogic.rjvm.PeerGoneException: ; nested exception is:
    > java.io.EOFException
    > at
    > weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicOutboundRequest.sendRec eive(BasicOutboundRequest.java:109)
    >
    > at
    > weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicRemoteRef.invoke(BasicR emoteRef.java:127)
    > at
    > weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherImpl_WLStub.disp atchSyncTranFuture(Unknown
    > Source)
    > at
    > weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherWrapperState.dis patchSyncTran(DispatcherWrapperState.java:319)
    >
    > at weblogic.jms.client.JMSProducer._send(JMSProducer. java:332)
    > at weblogic.jms.client.JMSProducer.send(JMSProducer.j ava:172)
    > ----------- Linked Exception -----------
    > weblogic.rjvm.PeerGoneException: ; nested exception is:
    > java.io.EOFException
    > at
    > weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicOutboundRequest.sendRec eive(BasicOutboundRequest.java:109)
    >
    > at
    > weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicRemoteRef.invoke(BasicR emoteRef.java:127)
    > at
    > weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherImpl_WLStub.disp atchSyncTranFuture(Unknown
    > Source)
    > at
    > weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherWrapperState.dis patchSyncTran(DispatcherWrapperState.java:319)
    >
    > at weblogic.jms.client.JMSProducer._send(JMSProducer. java:332)
    > at weblogic.jms.client.JMSProducer.send(JMSProducer.j ava:172)

  3. Re: Maximum size of a BytesMessage

    Thanks.

    On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:09:59 -0500, Tom Barnes

+ Reply to Thread