Urgent Help needed: MDEJB unable to connect the destination in multi-instance servers - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Urgent Help needed: MDEJB unable to connect the destination in multi-instance servers - Weblogic ; Hi, I have multiple servers in a domain. I am not using Bea's cluster. But using external loadbalancer. I have MEJBs deployed on both. I assume that only one of them should serve as a JMS server, hence it is ...

  1. Urgent Help needed: MDEJB unable to connect the destination in multi-instance servers

    Hi,

    I have multiple servers in a domain. I am not using Bea's cluster. But using external
    loadbalancer. I have MEJBs deployed on both. I assume that only one of them should
    serve as a JMS server, hence it is on one. when I start the other server, the
    MDEJB fails.
    with following error. The MDEJB on first server seems to be fine.

    Do i need to configure JMS topic on both the servers?
    If yes, Is the underline topic same? I mean, all the MDEJBs on both the servers
    would
    be listening to the same topic ? because thats what I want.

    omk.jms.omkBroadcastTopic. The Error was:
    [EJB:011010]The JMS destination with the JNDI name: omk.jms.omkBroadcastTopic
    could not be found. Please ensure that the JNDI name in the weblogic-ejb-jar.xml
    is correct, and the JMS destination has been deployed.>

    Thanks
    Khanderao

  2. Re: Urgent Help needed: MDEJB unable to connect the destination inmulti-instance servers

    Hi,

    For urgent help *always* contact customer support directly. This
    forum is not meant for handling urgent requests
    and is not maintained by customer support, but is maintained
    by engineers that post on their own time.

    In your case I suspect that you have a configuration error
    and your server's are not clustering, and so they
    fail to share JNDI information. Make sure both server's
    are configured to be part of the same cluster, that the
    network is configured to allow multicast traffic between
    the servers, and that no warnings are posted in your log files.
    If you don't know how to do this, look in the server documentation
    or post to the clustering newsgroup.

    You are welcome to post your configuration files and
    descriptor files and I'll take a quick look.

    Tom

    khanderao wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have multiple servers in a domain. I am not using Bea's cluster. But using external
    > loadbalancer. I have MEJBs deployed on both. I assume that only one of them should
    > serve as a JMS server, hence it is on one. when I start the other server, the
    > MDEJB fails.
    > with following error. The MDEJB on first server seems to be fine.
    >
    > Do i need to configure JMS topic on both the servers?
    > If yes, Is the underline topic same? I mean, all the MDEJBs on both the servers
    > would
    > be listening to the same topic ? because thats what I want.
    >

    > > omk.jms.omkBroadcastTopic. The Error was:
    > [EJB:011010]The JMS destination with the JNDI name: omk.jms.omkBroadcastTopic
    > could not be found. Please ensure that the JNDI name in the weblogic-ejb-jar.xml
    > is correct, and the JMS destination has been deployed.>
    >
    > Thanks
    > Khanderao

  3. Re: Urgent Help needed: MDEJB unable to connect the destination in

    Tom,

    Thanks for reply.

    I put it in cluster. The topic is found but for JMSReplyTo I am getting temporarytemplate
    not found error. I create a temporary template and I am attaching same template
    to the
    topics that are members to distributed topic.

    How do I get around it? Also, earlier I got error saying ..

    any help is appreaciated...due to long weekend, i am not able to go through support
    route.

    i need to get this working today. please help.

    JMS exception while creating reply handler
    weblogic.jms.common.JMSException: TemporaryTemplate not found.
    Please make sure that you have configured a TemporaryTemplate for your JMSServer(s).
    at weblogic.rjvm.BasicOutboundRequest.sendReceive(Bas icOutboundRequest.java:108)
    at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicRemoteRef.invoke(BasicR emoteRef.java:138)
    at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherImpl_811_WLStub. dispatchSyncFuture(Unknown
    Source)
    at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherWrapperState.dis patchSync(DispatcherWrapperState.java:333)
    at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.createTemporaryDest ination(JMSSession.java:1995)
    at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.createTemporaryTopi c(JMSSession.java:1432)

    Tom Barnes
    wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >For urgent help *always* contact customer support directly. This
    >forum is not meant for handling urgent requests
    >and is not maintained by customer support, but is maintained
    >by engineers that post on their own time.
    >
    >In your case I suspect that you have a configuration error
    >and your server's are not clustering, and so they
    >fail to share JNDI information. Make sure both server's
    >are configured to be part of the same cluster, that the
    >network is configured to allow multicast traffic between
    >the servers, and that no warnings are posted in your log files.
    >If you don't know how to do this, look in the server documentation
    >or post to the clustering newsgroup.
    >
    >You are welcome to post your configuration files and
    >descriptor files and I'll take a quick look.
    >
    >Tom
    >
    >khanderao wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have multiple servers in a domain. I am not using Bea's cluster.

    >But using external
    >> loadbalancer. I have MEJBs deployed on both. I assume that only one

    >of them should
    >> serve as a JMS server, hence it is on one. when I start the other server,

    >the
    >> MDEJB fails.
    >> with following error. The MDEJB on first server seems to be fine.
    >>
    >> Do i need to configure JMS topic on both the servers?
    >> If yes, Is the underline topic same? I mean, all the MDEJBs on both

    >the servers
    >> would
    >> be listening to the same topic ? because thats what I want.
    >>

    >JMS destination:
    >> omk.jms.omkBroadcastTopic. The Error was:
    >> [EJB:011010]The JMS destination with the JNDI name: omk.jms.omkBroadcastTopic
    >> could not be found. Please ensure that the JNDI name in the weblogic-ejb-jar.xml
    >> is correct, and the JMS destination has been deployed.>
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Khanderao

  4. Re: Urgent Help needed: MDEJB unable to connect the destination in

    > I create a temporary template and I am attaching same template
    > to the
    > topics that are members to distributed topic.

    I'm not sure what you mean, as
    temporary templates are configured on the JMS
    server, not on the destination. Configure one
    per JMS server.

    >.due to long weekend, i am not able to go through support
    > route.

    For customers with a full support contract,
    support is available 24 hours a day on any day - plus
    BEA does not get President's day off any day.
    Somehow I think PeopleSoft would have a full
    support contract.

    Khanderao wrote:

> [...]

    >>>loadbalancer. I have MEJBs deployed on both. I assume that only one

    >>of them should
    >>
    >>>serve as a JMS server, hence it is on one. when I start the other server,

    >>the
    >>
    >>>MDEJB fails.
    >>>with following error. The MDEJB on first server seems to be fine.
    >>>
    >>>Do i need to configure JMS topic on both the servers?
    >>>If yes, Is the underline topic same? I mean, all the MDEJBs on both

    >>the servers
    >>
    >>>would
    >>>be listening to the same topic ? because thats what I want.
    >>>

    >>JMS destination:
    >>
    >>>omk.jms.omkBroadcastTopic. The Error was:
    >>>[EJB:011010]The JMS destination with the JNDI name: omk.jms.omkBroadcastTopic
    >>>could not be found. Please ensure that the JNDI name in the weblogic-ejb-jar.xml
    >>>is correct, and the JMS destination has been deployed.>

  5. Re: Urgent Help needed: MDEJB unable to connect the destination in

    Tom,

    I am associating the temporary template, that got created with same name as the

    distributed topic, to the JMS servers hosting the member topics. I also tried
    creating
    a standalone temporary template and using it on those servers. I got error (stack
    trace
    as given below)for boththe approaches. Is it possible to look into?

    Thanks
    Khanderao
    Tom Barnes
    wrote:
> [...]

    >> Tom Barnes
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>For urgent help *always* contact customer support directly. This
    >>>forum is not meant for handling urgent requests
    >>>and is not maintained by customer support, but is maintained
    >>>by engineers that post on their own time.
    >>>
    >>>In your case I suspect that you have a configuration error
    >>>and your server's are not clustering, and so they
    >>>fail to share JNDI information. Make sure both server's
    >>>are configured to be part of the same cluster, that the
    >>>network is configured to allow multicast traffic between
    >>>the servers, and that no warnings are posted in your log files.
    >>>If you don't know how to do this, look in the server documentation
    >>>or post to the clustering newsgroup.
    >>>
    >>>You are welcome to post your configuration files and
    >>>descriptor files and I'll take a quick look.

  6. Re: Urgent Help needed: MDEJB unable to connect the destination in

    Post your config file(s) and I'll take a look.

    khanderao wrote:
    > Tom,
    >
    > I am associating the temporary template, that got created with same name as the
    >
    > distributed topic, to the JMS servers hosting the member topics. I also tried
    > creating
    > a standalone temporary template and using it on those servers. I got error (stack
    > trace
    > as given below)for boththe approaches. Is it possible to look into?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Khanderao
    > Tom Barnes
    > wrote:
    >
    >>>I create a temporary template and I am attaching same template
    >>>to the
    >>> topics that are members to distributed topic.
    >>>

    >>I'm not sure what you mean, as
    >>temporary templates are configured on the JMS
    >>server, not on the destination. Configure one
    >>per JMS server.
    >>

    >>>.due to long weekend, i am not able to go through support
    >>>route.

    >>For customers with a full support contract,
    >>support is available 24 hours a day on any day - plus
    >>BEA does not get President's day off any day.
    >>Somehow I think PeopleSoft would have a full
    >>support contract.
    >>
    >>Khanderao wrote:
    >>

    >>>Tom,
    >>>
    >>>Thanks for reply.
    >>>
    >>>I put it in cluster. The topic is found but for JMSReplyTo I am getting

    >>temporarytemplate
    >>
    >>>not found error. I create a temporary template and I am attaching same

    >>template
    >>
    >>>to the
    >>> topics that are members to distributed topic.
    >>>
    >>>How do I get around it? Also, earlier I got error saying ..
    >>>
    >>>any help is appreaciated...due to long weekend, i am not able to go

    >>through support
    >>
    >>>route.
    >>>
    >>>i need to get this working today. please help.
    >>>

    >>>JMS exception while creating reply handler
    >>> weblogic.jms.common.JMSException: TemporaryTemplate not found.
    >>>Please make sure that you have configured a TemporaryTemplate for your

    >>JMSServer(s).
    >>
    >>> at weblogic.rjvm.BasicOutboundRequest.sendReceive(Bas icOutboundRequest.java:108)
    >>> at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicRemoteRef.invoke(BasicR emoteRef.java:138)
    >>> at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherImpl_811_WLStub. dispatchSyncFuture(Unknown
    >>>Source)
    >>> at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherWrapperState.dis patchSync(DispatcherWrapperState.java:333)
    >>> at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.createTemporaryDest ination(JMSSession.java:1995)
    >>> at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.createTemporaryTopi c(JMSSession.java:1432)
    >>>
    >>>Tom Barnes

    >>server,

    >>the

  7. Re: Urgent Help needed: MDEJB unable to connect the destination in

    Thanks Tom.

    here it is...

    Khanderao

    Tom Barnes
    wrote:
    >Post your config file(s) and I'll take a look.
    >
    >khanderao wrote:
    >> Tom,
    >>
    >> I am associating the temporary template, that got created with same

    >name as the
    >>
    >> distributed topic, to the JMS servers hosting the member topics. I

    >also tried
    >> creating
    >> a standalone temporary template and using it on those servers. I got

    >error (stack
    >> trace
    >> as given below)for boththe approaches. Is it possible to look into?

    >> Thanks
    >> Khanderao
    >> Tom Barnes

    >>>I'm not sure what you mean, as
    >>>temporary templates are configured on the JMS
    >>>server, not on the destination. Configure one
    >>>per JMS server.

    >>>For customers with a full support contract,
    >>>support is available 24 hours a day on any day - plus
    >>>BEA does not get President's day off any day.
    >>>Somehow I think PeopleSoft would have a full
    >>>support contract.

    >>>temporarytemplate

    >same
    >>>
    >>>template

    >>>through support

    >your
    >>>
    >>>JMSServer(s).

    >one

    >>>server,

    >>>the

  8. Re: Urgent Help needed: MDEJB unable to connect the destination in

    The JMS server "WSStoreForwardInternalJMSServerDESAdmin"
    has no TemporaryTemplate set. Is the
    exception stack trace from a client that
    is using the admin server for its context?

    khanderao wrote:

    > Thanks Tom.
    >
    > here it is...
    >
    > Khanderao
    >
    > Tom Barnes
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Post your config file(s) and I'll take a look.
    >>
    >>khanderao wrote:
    >>
    >>>Tom,
    >>>
    >>>I am associating the temporary template, that got created with same

    >>name as the
    >>
    >>>distributed topic, to the JMS servers hosting the member topics. I

    >>also tried
    >>
    >>>creating
    >>>a standalone temporary template and using it on those servers. I got

    >>error (stack
    >>
    >>>trace
    >>>as given below)for boththe approaches. Is it possible to look into?

    >>>Thanks
    >>>Khanderao
    >>>Tom Barnes

    >>same

    >>your

    >>one

    >> ReliableDeliveryPolicy="RMDefaultPolicy" ServerVersion="8.1.1.1">

    >> ListenPort="9991" Machine="anntdv07" Name="DES_1"
    >> NativeIOEnabled="true" ServerVersion="8.1.1.1">

    >> ListenPort="9992" Machine="anntdv07" Name="DES_2"
    >> NativeIOEnabled="true" ServerVersion="8.1.1.1">

    >> Name="DESJMSDistributedTopic" Targets="DESCluster">

    >> Realm="wl_default_realm" RealmSetup="true"/>
    >> Name="omkCluster" RealmBootStrapVersion="1"/>

    >> JNDINameReplicated="false" Name="WSInternaljms.internal.queue.WSStoreForwardQueueDE SAdmin"/>
    >> JNDINameReplicated="false" Name="WSInternaljms.internal.queue.WSDupsEliminationHist oryQueueDESAdmin"/>

    >> StagingMode="nostage" TwoPhase="true">

  9. Re: Urgent Help needed: MDEJB unable to connect the destination in

    Tom,
    The client is using admin servers port (9990) as a provider URL in its context.
    By setting temporarytemplate to WSStoreForwardInternalJMSServerDESAdmin
    resolves the problem...

    This module used to work in single server mode, it is failing in distributed topic.
    what should be PROVIDER_URL? should it point to admin servers port? But then
    I didnt configure topic on the admin server. Where does the distribute topic reside?

    because I get following error: I am sorry for bothering you...but your help seems
    to be pinpointing the issues. and i appreaciate it.

    but then the lookup for the topic gives

    NameNotFoundException: While trying to lookup 'wls.crm.omk.jms.omkBroadcastTopic'
    didn't find subcontext 'wls' Resolved ; remaining name 'wls/crm/omk/jms/omkBroadcastTopic'

    Thanks
    Khanderao

    Tom Barnes
    wrote:
    >The JMS server "WSStoreForwardInternalJMSServerDESAdmin"
    >has no TemporaryTemplate set. Is the
    >exception stack trace from a client that
    >is using the admin server for its context?
    >
    >khanderao wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks Tom.
    >>
    >> here it is...
    >>
    >> Khanderao
    >>
    >> Tom Barnes
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Post your config file(s) and I'll take a look.

    >>>name as the

    >>>also tried

    >>>error (stack

    >getting

    >>>same

    >go

    >>>your

    >>>one

    >both

    >>> ReliableDeliveryPolicy="RMDefaultPolicy" ServerVersion="8.1.1.1">

    >>> ListenPort="9991" Machine="anntdv07" Name="DES_1"
    >>> NativeIOEnabled="true" ServerVersion="8.1.1.1">
    >>>

    >Name="DES_1"/>

    >>> ListenPort="9992" Machine="anntdv07" Name="DES_2"
    >>> NativeIOEnabled="true" ServerVersion="8.1.1.1">
    >>>

    >Name="DES_2"/>

    >for a server. Do not delete manually." UserPreferredServer="DES_1"/>

    >for a server. Do not delete manually." UserPreferredServer="DES_2"/>
    >>>

    >Name="anntdv07"/>

    >Targets="DESAdmin"/>
    >>> Name="DESJMSDistributedTopic" Targets="DESCluster">

    >>> Realm="wl_default_realm" RealmSetup="true"/>

    >Name="omkCluster"/>
    >>> Name="omkCluster" RealmBootStrapVersion="1"/>

    >>> JNDINameReplicated="false" Name="WSInternaljms.internal.queue.WSStoreForwardQueueDE SAdmin"/>
    >>> JNDINameReplicated="false" Name="WSInternaljms.internal.queue.WSDupsEliminationHist oryQueueDESAdmin"/>

    >>> StagingMode="nostage" TwoPhase="true">

  10. Re: Urgent Help needed: MDEJB unable to connect the destination in

    Tom

    Thanks for figuring earlier proplem. The next problem was
    related the PROVIDER_URL. I was pointing it to adminserver
    and admin port. I changed it to one of the server and port,
    works great! Is that how we are supposed to use the distributed
    topic? Or we should add admin server in the cluster and point
    the PROVIDER_URL to the same? What if the cluster managed
    server instance that PROVIDER_URL points fail?

    Thanks
    Khanderao

    "Khanderao" wrote:

    >Tom,
    >The client is using admin servers port (9990) as a provider URL in its
    >context.
    >By setting temporarytemplate to WSStoreForwardInternalJMSServerDESAdmin
    >resolves the problem...
    >
    >This module used to work in single server mode, it is failing in distributed
    >topic.
    >what should be PROVIDER_URL? should it point to admin servers port? But
    >then
    >I didnt configure topic on the admin server. Where does the distribute
    >topic reside?
    >
    >because I get following error: I am sorry for bothering you...but your
    >help seems
    >to be pinpointing the issues. and i appreaciate it.
    >
    >but then the lookup for the topic gives
    >
    >NameNotFoundException: While trying to lookup 'wls.crm.omk.jms.omkBroadcastTopic'
    >didn't find subcontext 'wls' Resolved ; remaining name 'wls/crm/omk/jms/omkBroadcastTopic'
    >
    >Thanks
    >Khanderao
    >
    >Tom Barnes
    >wrote:
    >>The JMS server "WSStoreForwardInternalJMSServerDESAdmin"
    >>has no TemporaryTemplate set. Is the
    >>exception stack trace from a client that
    >>is using the admin server for its context?
    >>
    >>khanderao wrote:
    >>
    >>> Thanks Tom.
    >>>
    >>> here it is...
    >>>
    >>> Khanderao
    >>>
    >>> Tom Barnes

    >got

    >>getting

    >>go

    >>both

    >>Name="DES_1"/>

    >>Name="DES_2"/>

    >>for a server. Do not delete manually." UserPreferredServer="DES_1"/>

    >>for a server. Do not delete manually." UserPreferredServer="DES_2"/>
    >>>>

    >>Name="anntdv07"/>

    >>Targets="DESAdmin"/>

    >>Name="omkCluster"/>

  11. Re: Urgent Help needed: MDEJB unable to connect the destination in

    Khanderao wrote:
    > Tom
    >
    > Thanks for figuring earlier proplem. The next problem was
    > related the PROVIDER_URL. I was pointing it to adminserver
    > and admin port. I changed it to one of the server and port,
    > works great! Is that how we are supposed to use the distributed
    > topic?

    Yes, and for all other WebLogic resources as well - such
    as EJBs.

    The key thing to realize is this:

    The admin server DOES NOT share JNDI information
    with the cluster, and in your configuration, the admin
    server (correctly!) is not configured to be part of
    the cluster. The admin server context will
    not be able locate resources targeted to the
    cluster.

    In most cases, it is strongly advised that
    no applications or JMS servers run on the
    admin server.

    > Or we should add admin server in the cluster and point
    > the PROVIDER_URL to the same?

    No. Please read the general documentation on
    clusters and the admin server. This is outside
    the scope of JMS - as it applies to all
    app resources (EJBs, etc.) not just JMS.

    > What if the cluster managed
    > server instance that PROVIDER_URL points fail?

    Again, please read the documentation on clustering
    in general. In addition, for a discussion
    of JMS clustering, read the
    "JMS Performance Guide" white-paper
    available here:

    http://dev2dev.bea.com/technologies/jms/index.jsp