JMS_BEA_SELECT and MDB - Weblogic

This is a discussion on JMS_BEA_SELECT and MDB - Weblogic ; Hi, Can I use the JMS_BEA_SELECT in the of the ejb-jar file of a MDB? I keep getting an error that it cannot parse.... JMS_BEA_SELECT('xpath', '/Notification/fromRole/Identifier') = '123456' Thanks Karen...

  1. JMS_BEA_SELECT and MDB

    Hi,

    Can I use the JMS_BEA_SELECT in the of the ejb-jar file of
    a MDB?

    I keep getting an error that it cannot parse....

    JMS_BEA_SELECT('xpath', '/Notification/fromRole/Identifier')
    =
    '123456'

    Thanks
    Karen

  2. Re: JMS_BEA_SELECT and MDB

    Hi Karen,

    The answer is yes. Please post your descriptor
    file and the entire stack trace, and I'll take a
    quick look.

    Tom

    Karen Schaper wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Can I use the JMS_BEA_SELECT in the of the ejb-jar file of
    > a MDB?
    >
    > I keep getting an error that it cannot parse....
    >
    > JMS_BEA_SELECT('xpath', '/Notification/fromRole/Identifier')
    > =
    > '123456'
    >

    > Thanks
    > Karen

  3. Re: JMS_BEA_SELECT and MDB

    Hi,

    I'm no longer getting an error.. but my MDB is not picking up the message off
    of the queue.

    The descriptor for my MDB contains:
    JMS_BEA_SELECT('xpath', '/Address/Name/text()') = 'karen'

    The xml that I put on the queue that this MDB is listening on is:

    karen

    I see that the message is on the jms queue but the MDB is not picking it up?
    I've also checked to make sure my MDB is deployed and targeted.

    Am I doing something wrong?

    Thanks

    Karen

    "Karen Schaper" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Can I use the JMS_BEA_SELECT in the of the ejb-jar
    >file of
    >a MDB?
    >
    >I keep getting an error that it cannot parse....
    >
    >JMS_BEA_SELECT('xpath', '/Notification/fromRole/Identifier')
    >=
    > '123456'
    >

    >Thanks
    >Karen

  4. Re: JMS_BEA_SELECT and MDB

    I should also mention that I am running weblogic server 6.1 with SP5.

    "Karen Schaper" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Can I use the JMS_BEA_SELECT in the of the ejb-jar
    >file of
    >a MDB?
    >
    >I keep getting an error that it cannot parse....
    >
    >JMS_BEA_SELECT('xpath', '/Notification/fromRole/Identifier')
    >=
    > '123456'
    >

    >Thanks
    >Karen

  5. Re: JMS_BEA_SELECT and MDB

    One thing I suspect is that the
    descriptor XML may require special
    syntax to delimit punctuation characters.
    I'm not familiar with this stuff, you
    might want to try the EJB newsgroup
    which is more familiar with descriptors.

    You might want to try using a simple
    stand-alone JMS client rather than an MDB
    to receive the messages. This will
    let you test out the xpath expression
    directly and narrow down the problem.

    Karen Schaper wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm no longer getting an error.. but my MDB is not picking up the message off
    > of the queue.
    >

    > The descriptor for my MDB contains:
    > JMS_BEA_SELECT('xpath', '/Address/Name/text()') = 'karen'
    >

    > The xml that I put on the queue that this MDB is listening on is:

    karen

    > I see that the message is on the jms queue but the MDB is not picking it up?
    > I've also checked to make sure my MDB is deployed and targeted.
    >
    > Am I doing something wrong?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Karen
    >
    > "Karen Schaper" wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Can I use the JMS_BEA_SELECT in the of the ejb-jar
    >>file of
    >>a MDB?
    >>
    >>I keep getting an error that it cannot parse....
    >>
    >>JMS_BEA_SELECT('xpath', '/Notification/fromRole/Identifier')
    >>=
    >>'123456'
    >>

    >>Thanks
    >>Karen

  6. Re: JMS_BEA_SELECT and MDB

    I switched to using a consumer instead of a MDB and i am still having the same
    problems. The message will get retrieved if I create the receiver without the
    selector but once i use a selector it does not pick up the message off of the
    queue.

    Here is the selector

    String selector = "JMS_BEA_SELECT('xpath', '/Address/Name/text()') = 'karen'";

    Here is the xml that goes on the queue

    karen

    Does anyone have a sample that works? I am using weblogic server 6.1 SP5

    Thanks

    "Karen Schaper" wrote:

    >I should also mention that I am running weblogic server 6.1 with SP5.
    >
    >"Karen Schaper" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Can I use the JMS_BEA_SELECT in the of the ejb-jar
    >>file of
    >>a MDB?
    >>
    >>I keep getting an error that it cannot parse....
    >>
    >>JMS_BEA_SELECT('xpath', '/Notification/fromRole/Identifier')
    >>=
    >> '123456'
    >>

    >>Thanks
    >>Karen

  7. Re: JMS_BEA_SELECT and MDB

    String
    selector="JMS_BEA_SELECT('xpath','/Order/Manifest/Item[2]/ID/text()') =
    '208'";

    http://java.sun.com/developer/earlyA...book-order.xml

    Karen Schaper wrote:

    > I switched to using a consumer instead of a MDB and i am still having the same
    > problems. The message will get retrieved if I create the receiver without the
    > selector but once i use a selector it does not pick up the message off of the
    > queue.
    >
    > Here is the selector
    >
    > String selector = "JMS_BEA_SELECT('xpath', '/Address/Name/text()') = 'karen'";
    >
    > Here is the xml that goes on the queue

    karen

    > Does anyone have a sample that works? I am using weblogic server 6.1 SP5
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Karen Schaper" wrote:
    >
    >>I should also mention that I am running weblogic server 6.1 with SP5.
    >>
    >>"Karen Schaper" wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>Can I use the JMS_BEA_SELECT in the of the ejb-jar
    >>>file of
    >>>a MDB?
    >>>
    >>>I keep getting an error that it cannot parse....
    >>>
    >>>JMS_BEA_SELECT('xpath', '/Notification/fromRole/Identifier')
    >>>=
    >>>'123456'
    >>>

    >>>Thanks
    >>>Karen