Invalid destination name - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Invalid destination name - Weblogic ; We have been using Topic and Queues within our application for a while. After our weblogic(7.0 sp2) were restarted yesterday, we got "Invalid destination name" for the JMS Topic. But don't have issues with the queues. Didn't see anything in ...

  1. Invalid destination name

    We have been using Topic and Queues within our application for a while. After
    our weblogic(7.0 sp2) were restarted yesterday, we got "Invalid destination name"
    for the JMS Topic. But don't have issues with the queues. Didn't see anything
    in the log related to JMS queue and Topic when starting up the server. Any idea?
    Should we try to restart the weblogic servers again?

    Thanks,

  2. Re: Invalid destination name

    Hi Nancy!

    For production issues, I highly recommend contacting
    customer support (this newsgroup is informal, and not
    maintained by customer support). Ok, that said:

    (1) See if there are any warnings/errors in your
    log file which preceded the problem. These may
    point to the underlying cause.

    (2) Feel welcome to post the full stack trace.

    (3) It may be that your remote applications are caching
    their topic references, and the references become
    invalid after the WL server reboots. I'm not
    sure, but I think that this shouldn't happen. Still,
    it would be interesting to note if rebooting
    the remote applications helps...

    Tom

    Nancy King wrote:
    > We have been using Topic and Queues within our application for a while. After
    > our weblogic(7.0 sp2) were restarted yesterday, we got "Invalid destination name"
    > for the JMS Topic. But don't have issues with the queues. Didn't see anything
    > in the log related to JMS queue and Topic when starting up the server. Any idea?
    > Should we try to restart the weblogic servers again?
    >
    > Thanks,

  3. Re: Invalid destination name

    Tom,
    Thanks for your reply. I will remember that.

    I did go though all the log files, and coulnd't find any error or exception. The
    only trace I got is when we were trying to look up that topic and got a invalid
    destination name. But is in the process of getting our admin person to take a
    look at the console. Will let you know if we end up restart the servers and the
    outcomes.

    Tom Barnes
    wrote:
    >Hi Nancy!
    >
    >For production issues, I highly recommend contacting
    >customer support (this newsgroup is informal, and not
    >maintained by customer support). Ok, that said:
    >
    >(1) See if there are any warnings/errors in your
    >log file which preceded the problem. These may
    >point to the underlying cause.
    >
    >(2) Feel welcome to post the full stack trace.
    >
    >(3) It may be that your remote applications are caching
    >their topic references, and the references become
    >invalid after the WL server reboots. I'm not
    >sure, but I think that this shouldn't happen. Still,
    >it would be interesting to note if rebooting
    >the remote applications helps...
    >
    >Tom
    >
    >Nancy King wrote:
    >> We have been using Topic and Queues within our application for a while.

    > After
    >> our weblogic(7.0 sp2) were restarted yesterday, we got "Invalid destination

    >name"
    >> for the JMS Topic. But don't have issues with the queues. Didn't

    >see anything
    >> in the log related to JMS queue and Topic when starting up the server.

    > Any idea?
    >> Should we try to restart the weblogic servers again?
    >>
    >> Thanks,

+ Reply to Thread