starving jms message - Weblogic

This is a discussion on starving jms message - Weblogic ; How does jms message got handled when multiple message arrived. I have a message which is assigned to a busy thread, which has already started to handle a message and take longer time to finished, while all other thread are ...

  1. starving jms message

    How does jms message got handled when multiple message arrived. I have a message
    which is assigned to a busy thread, which has already started to handle a message
    and take longer time to finished, while all other thread are idling. Do I have
    any way to avoid this?
    Thanks,
    henglin

  2. Re: starving jms message

    Hi,

    I assume you are referring to asynchronous consumers. You
    can reduce the size of the message backlog for asynch consumers
    by configuring a customer connection factory for the consumers
    and lowering the "MessagesMaximum" value on the factory
    from its default of 10.

    If you are using MDBs, there are further tuning options. For
    more information, refer to the JMS Performance Guide white-paper
    linked from here:

    http://dev2dev.bea.com/technologies/jms/index.jsp

    Tom

    Henglin Wang wrote:

    > How does jms message got handled when multiple message arrived. I have a message
    > which is assigned to a busy thread, which has already started to handle a message
    > and take longer time to finished, while all other thread are idling. Do I have
    > any way to avoid this?
    > Thanks,
    > henglin

+ Reply to Thread