Deploy JMS on one managed server instead of admin server - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Deploy JMS on one managed server instead of admin server - Weblogic ; Currenly, we deployed our JMS on admin server. But we were suggested to deploy it on one of the managed server. Is there an advantage of doing that? Thanks,...

  1. Deploy JMS on one managed server instead of admin server

    Currenly, we deployed our JMS on admin server. But we were suggested to deploy
    it on one of the managed server. Is there an advantage of doing that?

    Thanks,

  2. Re: Deploy JMS on one managed server instead of admin server

    Yes.

    (1) The admin server does not participate in a cluster,
    so server apps that are using JMS resources on the
    admin server can only locate the resources by using a
    remote context with a hard-coded URL, rather just
    an efficient local context.

    (2) Co-locating JMS with the server applications that
    use it is faster and cuts down network traffic.

    (3) Most customers do not like to run more than
    management functions on the admin server, as
    restricting the admin server for non-application
    use improves its reliability.

    Tom

    Nancy King wrote:

    > Currenly, we deployed our JMS on admin server. But we were suggested to deploy
    > it on one of the managed server. Is there an advantage of doing that?
    >
    > Thanks,

+ Reply to Thread