Using Messaging Bridge with Distributed Destinations - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Using Messaging Bridge with Distributed Destinations - Weblogic ; I'm having some problems using Distributed Destinations with the Messaging Bridge in WLS 7.0sp2. Our configuration consists of the following: * WLS Server1: * JMS Server1: * inbound queue * outbound queue * JMS Server2: * inbound queue * outbound ...

  1. Using Messaging Bridge with Distributed Destinations

    I'm having some problems using Distributed Destinations with the Messaging Bridge in WLS 7.0sp2. Our configuration consists of the following:
    * WLS Server1:
    * JMS Server1:
    * inbound queue
    * outbound queue
    * JMS Server2:
    * inbound queue
    * outbound queue
    * WLS Server 2:
    * JMS Server3:
    * inbound queue
    * outbound queue

    A distributed destination is configured for the inbound and outbound queues.

    Two messaging queues are configured so that bridge from WLS JMS to Tibco JMS using the distributed destinations.

    Everything is working fine for the inbound, but we have found that the outbound messaging bridge is picking up messages from only one of the two JMS servers on the first WLS instance. When monitoring, it can be seen that there is no consumer registered against the second JMS server.

    Any suggestions?

  2. Re: Using Messaging Bridge with Distributed Destinations

    Hi Rob,

    Consumers on distributed destinations are always pinned
    to a single physical destination on creation. Only
    producers can round-robin each message. When a
    distributed destination is used as a source destination,
    you will need to configure a bridge per distributed
    destination. Alternatively, you can enable
    forwarding between the physical queues, which automatically
    forwards messages from physical queues with
    no consumers to physical queues that have consumers
    (but the extra hop impacts performance). For more information,
    consult the JMS documentation.

    Tom

    Rob McArthur wrote:

    > I'm having some problems using Distributed Destinations with the Messaging Bridge in WLS 7.0sp2. Our configuration consists of the following:
    > * WLS Server1:
    > * JMS Server1:
    > * inbound queue
    > * outbound queue
    > * JMS Server2:
    > * inbound queue
    > * outbound queue
    > * WLS Server 2:
    > * JMS Server3:
    > * inbound queue
    > * outbound queue
    >
    > A distributed destination is configured for the inbound and outbound queues.
    >
    > Two messaging queues are configured so that bridge from WLS JMS to Tibco JMS using the distributed destinations.
    >
    > Everything is working fine for the inbound, but we have found that the outbound messaging bridge is picking up messages from only one of the two JMS servers on the first WLS instance. When monitoring, it can be seen that there is no consumer registered against the second JMS server.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread