Re: MBD message ordering - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Re: MBD message ordering - Weblogic ; Hi Vikram, Assertion (3) is false, as there is a RedeliveryDelayOverride="20000" set in the configuration below. Tom vikram wrote: > Hi All, > > I have a problem with sequencing of messages redelivered to MDBs on WL8.1. I have > ...

  1. Re: MBD message ordering

    vikram wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have a problem with sequencing of messages redelivered to MDBs on WL8.1. I have
    > looked through the solutions posted to the same problem on this newsgroup but
    > they seem to have made no difference.
    > 1) My connection factory has MessagesMaximum=1
    > 2) There is only one instance of the MDB in the pool
    > 3) No redelivery delay has been configured.
    > Does anyone have a solution ? I have attached some excerpts from my config files
    > in case you want more details.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > -Vikram

    > -------------------------CONFIG.XML------------------------------------------------------------
    > > Name="RDWJMSConnectionFactory" OverrunPolicy="KeepOld"
    > Targets="@RDW_SERVER_NAME@" TransactionTimeout="86400" XAConnectionFactoryEnabled="true"
    > MessagesMaximum="1"/>
    >

    > > JNDIName="HighPriorityQueue" MessagesMaximum="50"
    > Name="HighPriorityQueue" StoreEnabled="default" RedeliveryDelayOverride="20000"/>

    > -------------------------EJB-JAR.XML------------------------------------------------------------
    >

    > MessagePrioritiserMDBHigh
    > com.mizuho.rdw.interfaces.beans.MessagePrioritiser MDB
    > Container
    >
    > javax.jms.Queue
    >

    > MessagePrioritiserMDBHigh
    > *
    >

    > Required

    > --------------------------------WEBLOGIC-EJB-JAR.XML----------------------------------------------------
    >

    > MessagePrioritiserMDBHigh
    >

    > 1
    > 1
    >

    > HighPriorityQueue
    > RDWJMSConnectionFactory
    >

    > 60
    >

    > MessagePrioritiserMDBHigh

  2. Re: MBD message ordering

    Hi Tom,

    Sorry for the misleading info earlier but I have actually removed that setting
    (RedeliveryDelayOverride) and I still have the problem. One other thing that I
    have noticed is that If I have a stand alone asynchronous MessageListener then
    the redelivered messages are in order, the problem exists only in MDBs

    Regards

    Tom Barnes wrote:
    >Hi Vikram,
    >
    >Assertion (3) is false, as there
    >is a RedeliveryDelayOverride="20000" set
    >in the configuration below.
    >
    >Tom
    >
    >vikram wrote:
    >
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> I have a problem with sequencing of messages redelivered to MDBs on

    >WL8.1. I have
    >> looked through the solutions posted to the same problem on this newsgroup

    >but
    >> they seem to have made no difference.
    >> 1) My connection factory has MessagesMaximum=1
    >> 2) There is only one instance of the MDB in the pool
    >> 3) No redelivery delay has been configured.
    >> Does anyone have a solution ? I have attached some excerpts from my

    >config files
    >> in case you want more details.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> -Vikram

    >> -------------------------CONFIG.XML------------------------------------------------------------
    >> Targets="@RDW_SERVER_NAME@" TransactionTimeout="86400" XAConnectionFactoryEnabled="true"
    >> MessagesMaximum="1"/>

    >> Name="HighPriorityQueue" StoreEnabled="default" RedeliveryDelayOverride="20000"/>
    >>

    >> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >> -------------------------EJB-JAR.XML------------------------------------------------------------
    >>

    >JavaBeans 2.0//EN' 'http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd'>
    >>

    >> MessagePrioritiserMDBHigh
    >> com.mizuho.rdw.interfaces.beans.MessagePrioritiser MDB
    >> Container
    >>
    >> javax.jms.Queue
    >>

    >> MessagePrioritiserMDBHigh
    >> *
    >>

    >> Required
    >>

    >> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >> --------------------------------WEBLOGIC-EJB-JAR.XML----------------------------------------------------
    >>

    >6.0.0 EJB//EN' 'http://www.bea.com/servers/wls600/dtd/weblogic-ejb-jar.dtd'>
    >>

    >> MessagePrioritiserMDBHigh
    >>

    >> 1
    >> 1
    >>

    >> HighPriorityQueue
    >> RDWJMSConnectionFactory
    >>

    >> 60
    >>

    >> MessagePrioritiserMDBHigh
    >>

    >> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  3. Re: MBD message ordering

    Hi Vikram,

    I can see nothing else wrong with your configuration.
    Since you state the problem is not reproducable on
    a stand-alone client, I wonder if it has
    something to do with transactions. I suggest contacting
    customer support. In addition you might want
    to try a non-transactional MDB to speed up narrowing
    down the problem.

    Tom, BEA

    vikram wrote:

    > Hi Tom,
    >
    > Sorry for the misleading info earlier but I have actually removed that setting
    > (RedeliveryDelayOverride) and I still have the problem. One other thing that I
    > have noticed is that If I have a stand alone asynchronous MessageListener then
    > the redelivered messages are in order, the problem exists only in MDBs
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Tom Barnes wrote:
    >
    >>Hi Vikram,
    >>
    >>Assertion (3) is false, as there
    >>is a RedeliveryDelayOverride="20000" set
    >>in the configuration below.
    >>
    >>Tom
    >>
    >>vikram wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hi All,
    >>>
    >>>I have a problem with sequencing of messages redelivered to MDBs on

    >>WL8.1. I have
    >>
    >>>looked through the solutions posted to the same problem on this newsgroup

    >>but
    >>
    >>>they seem to have made no difference.
    >>>1) My connection factory has MessagesMaximum=1
    >>>2) There is only one instance of the MDB in the pool
    >>>3) No redelivery delay has been configured.
    >>>Does anyone have a solution ? I have attached some excerpts from my

    >>config files
    >>
    >>>in case you want more details.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks,
    >>>-Vikram

    >>>-------------------------CONFIG.XML------------------------------------------------------------
    >>> Targets="@RDW_SERVER_NAME@" TransactionTimeout="86400" XAConnectionFactoryEnabled="true"
    >>> MessagesMaximum="1"/>

    >>> Name="HighPriorityQueue" StoreEnabled="default" RedeliveryDelayOverride="20000"/>
    >>>

    >>>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >>>-------------------------EJB-JAR.XML------------------------------------------------------------
    >>>

    >>JavaBeans 2.0//EN' 'http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd'>
    >>

    >>> MessagePrioritiserMDBHigh
    >>> com.mizuho.rdw.interfaces.beans.MessagePrioritiser MDB
    >>> Container
    >>>
    >>> javax.jms.Queue
    >>>

    >>> MessagePrioritiserMDBHigh
    >>> *