JMS not running at full capacity - Weblogic

This is a discussion on JMS not running at full capacity - Weblogic ; Hi all, I have an app that uses MDB to make web service calls to another remote server, and I've set the max beans in free pool to 20, but at runtime the # of MDBs are stuck at 8 ...

  1. JMS not running at full capacity

    Hi all,

    I have an app that uses MDB to make web service calls to another remote server,
    and I've set the max beans in free pool to 20, but at runtime the # of MDBs are
    stuck at 8 regardless how many messages are pending.

    Has anyone seen this before? Am I missing something obvious?

    mw

  2. Re: JMS not running at full capacity

    Hi Mike,

    MDBs run in the default execute queue thread
    pool by default, and by design will not use
    up all available threads in this particular pool.
    For more information, including info
    on how to configure MDBs to run in their own thread pool,
    see the JMS Performance Guide white-paper on
    dev2dev.bea.com, you can find a link to it here:

    http://dev2dev.bea.com/technologies/jms/index.jsp

    Tom

    Mike wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have an app that uses MDB to make web service calls to another remote server,
    > and I've set the max beans in free pool to 20, but at runtime the # of MDBs are
    > stuck at 8 regardless how many messages are pending.
    >
    > Has anyone seen this before? Am I missing something obvious?
    >
    > mw

  3. Re: JMS not running at full capacity

    Tom Barnes wrote:
    >Hi Mike,
    >
    >MDBs run in the default execute queue thread
    >pool by default, and by design will not use
    >up all available threads in this particular pool.
    >For more information, including info
    >on how to configure MDBs to run in their own thread pool,
    >see the JMS Performance Guide white-paper on
    >dev2dev.bea.com, you can find a link to it here:
    >
    >http://dev2dev.bea.com/technologies/jms/index.jsp
    >
    >Tom
    >
    >Mike wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I have an app that uses MDB to make web service calls to another remote

    >server,
    >> and I've set the max beans in free pool to 20, but at runtime the #

    >of MDBs are
    >> stuck at 8 regardless how many messages are pending.
    >>
    >> Has anyone seen this before? Am I missing something obvious?
    >>
    >> mw

  4. Re: JMS not running at full capacity

    Tom,

    Thanks for the help. My new environment had a default of 15 execute threads,
    that's why my MDB count got stuck at a very low number.

    mw

    Tom Barnes wrote:
    >Hi Mike,
    >
    >MDBs run in the default execute queue thread
    >pool by default, and by design will not use
    >up all available threads in this particular pool.
    >For more information, including info
    >on how to configure MDBs to run in their own thread pool,
    >see the JMS Performance Guide white-paper on
    >dev2dev.bea.com, you can find a link to it here:
    >
    >http://dev2dev.bea.com/technologies/jms/index.jsp
    >
    >Tom
    >
    >Mike wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I have an app that uses MDB to make web service calls to another remote

    >server,
    >> and I've set the max beans in free pool to 20, but at runtime the #

    >of MDBs are
    >> stuck at 8 regardless how many messages are pending.
    >>
    >> Has anyone seen this before? Am I missing something obvious?
    >>
    >> mw

+ Reply to Thread