session.createTopic(topicName) in 8.12? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on session.createTopic(topicName) in 8.12? - Weblogic ; I have an application that's supposed to create many Topics, but it's refusing to do so. When this is used - session.createTopic(topicName) - is the topic supposed to already exist on the server? Can this still be used in 8.12? ...

  1. session.createTopic(topicName) in 8.12?

    I have an application that's supposed to create many Topics, but it's refusing
    to do so. When this is used - session.createTopic(topicName) - is the topic supposed
    to already exist on the server? Can this still be used in 8.12? When it errors,
    it thrown an "Assertion Failed, Environment not found on thread" message.

  2. Re: session.createTopic(topicName) in 8.12?

    Hi Matt,

    (1) As required by the JMS specification, createTopic() only
    looks up the topic, it doesn't create it. For details
    on createTopic(), search the WL JMS Programmer's guide.
    If you want to programmatically create a topic, use JMS
    temporary topics if those are sufficient for your purposes,
    or configure a permanent topic using the BEA's mbean management
    APIs. There are public helper methods for the latter
    javadoc'd under weblogic.jms.extensions.JMSHelper.

    (2) I believe the assertion is a known bug, contact customer
    support. A work-around that may work is to make sure
    that the thread it is calling createTopic is the same
    thread that was used to establish the initial context.

    Tom

    Matt Dickens wrote:

    > I have an application that's supposed to create many Topics, but it's refusing
    > to do so. When this is used - session.createTopic(topicName) - is the topic supposed
    > to already exist on the server? Can this still be used in 8.12? When it errors,
    > it thrown an "Assertion Failed, Environment not found on thread" message.

+ Reply to Thread