Remote JMS Queue in Non-Clustered Environment - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Remote JMS Queue in Non-Clustered Environment - Weblogic ; We have two hosts, both running WLS 8.1, that are not clustered. We would like to create a queue on the first and be able to read it from the second. Is this possible? How does one go about setting ...

  1. Remote JMS Queue in Non-Clustered Environment

    We have two hosts, both running WLS 8.1, that are not clustered. We would like
    to create a queue on the first and be able to read it from the second. Is this
    possible? How does one go about setting this up?

  2. Re: Remote JMS Queue in Non-Clustered Environment

    Paul wrote:

    > We have two hosts, both running WLS 8.1, that are not clustered. We would like
    > to create a queue on the first and be able to read it from the second. Is this
    > possible? How does one go about setting this up?

    Hi Paul,

    This a common use case. Even user transactions
    can include operations from both servers.
    The remote server just looks a regular
    client as far as the JMS server is concerned.

    I recommend using MDBs - which can be be configured with a URL
    and connection factory, messaging bridges, and/or foreign destination
    wrappers. In addition, you can use the JMS resource reference
    pooling feature to pool the "foreign" JMS server's resources.
    For information you can start here:

    http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/jms/...l#jms_features

    and here:

    http://dev2dev.bea.com/technologies/jms/index.jsp

    Important: As documented, for various reasons, some not
    having to do with JMS, you will need to ensure the following are
    true to enable "non-clustered" communication:

    - all domains should be named uniquely
    - all wl servers must be named uniquely
    - all jms servers must be named uniquely
    - all jms stores must be named uniquely

    Tom

+ Reply to Thread