CommunicationException when looking up ConectionFactory - Weblogic

This is a discussion on CommunicationException when looking up ConectionFactory - Weblogic ; Hello friends. I seem to be unable to lookup a TopicConnectionFactory despite my best efforts. I am now receiving the following error when I call jndiContext.lookup(connectionFactoryName) javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested exception is: java.io.StreamCorruptedException] This could ...

  1. CommunicationException when looking up ConectionFactory

    Hello friends. I seem to be unable to lookup a TopicConnectionFactory despite
    my best efforts. I am now receiving the following error when I call jndiContext.lookup(connectionFactoryName)

    javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.UnmarshalException:
    error unmarshalling arguments; nested exception is:
    java.io.StreamCorruptedException]

    This could be a classpath issue; this code used to work fine but has recently
    started throwing this exception. I seem to be able to create the initial Conext
    object without any problems, which I take to mean my machine can see the Weblogic
    instance I am trying to reach (it exists on localhost).

    Can anyone help?

    Thank you.
    brian

  2. Re: CommunicationException when looking up ConectionFactory

    I agree - seems like it could be a classpath issue.

    Some typical gotchas:

    WebLogic clients and server interoperate between versions
    6.1 up to the current version, 8.1. Versions
    6.0 and previous do not interoperate, and can only
    communicate with their matching version.

    Clients using the new 8.1 thin client jars can only communicate
    with 8.1 servers. Use the larger "weblogic.jar" to
    get an 8.1 client to interoperate with previous versions.

    Do not put the thin client jars on the server's
    class path. Do not put the server jar (weblogic.jar)
    on the class path of a client that it is using
    the thin jars.

    Brian wrote:
    > Hello friends. I seem to be unable to lookup a TopicConnectionFactory despite
    > my best efforts. I am now receiving the following error when I call jndiContext.lookup(connectionFactoryName)
    >
    > javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.UnmarshalException:
    > error unmarshalling arguments; nested exception is:
    > java.io.StreamCorruptedException]
    >
    > This could be a classpath issue; this code used to work fine but has recently
    > started throwing this exception. I seem to be able to create the initial Conext
    > object without any problems, which I take to mean my machine can see the Weblogic
    > instance I am trying to reach (it exists on localhost).
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > Thank you.
    > brian

+ Reply to Thread