How to run only one process in clustered wls servers? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on How to run only one process in clustered wls servers? - Weblogic ; Dear sir/ms, I use StartupClass to start a subscriber for bus messages and then send messages to a JMS queue for message filtering, etc. I only need one instance of this process in the clustered env. with config.xml being the ...

  1. How to run only one process in clustered wls servers?

    Dear sir/ms,
    I use StartupClass to start a subscriber for bus messages and then send messages to a JMS queue for message filtering, etc. I only need one instance of this process in the clustered env. with config.xml being the same for all the servers in the same env. How can I avoid wls clusterd servers from creating multiple processes to subscribe the bus messages? Or will the JMS queue be smart enough not to process the same message more than once even though it receives multiple times?

    Is there a solution to this?

    Thanks a lot in advance for your time and assistance.

    Charles Wang

  2. Re: How to run only one process in clustered wls servers?

    Hello Charles,

    So the intent is to create exactly one subscriber to
    a topic which in turn sends messages to a queue?
    You are correct in that multiple subscibers would
    each get their own copy. Some random solutions:

    (1) target the startup class at exactly one server
    in the cluster (don't target it to the cluster)

    (2) configure a message bridge (again only
    targeted to one server) that forwards messages
    from the topic to a (optionally distributed) queue -
    have the startup classes listen to the queue rather than topic --
    this has the net effect of dividing the processing work
    among all servers in the cluster

    Tom

    Charles Wang wrote:
    >Dear sir/ms,
    >I use StartupClass to start a subscriber for bus messages and then send
    >messages to a JMS queue for message filtering, etc. I only need one
    >instance of this process in the clustered env. with config.xml being
    >the same for all the servers in the same env. How can I avoid wls clusterd
    >servers from creating multiple processes to subscribe the bus messages?
    >Or will the JMS queue be smart enough not to process the same message
    >more than once even though it receives multiple times?
    >
    >Is there a solution to this?
    >
    >Thanks a lot in advance for your time and assistance.
    >
    >Charles Wang

+ Reply to Thread