help with destination keys needed - Weblogic

This is a discussion on help with destination keys needed - Weblogic ; I can't figure out how the destination keys work. I have a MDB with max beans in pool set to 1. I have configured and applied a destination key for this bean's queue: JMSMessageId - Descending. So I expect messages ...

  1. help with destination keys needed

    I can't figure out how the destination keys work.

    I have a MDB with max beans in pool set to 1. I have configured and applied
    a destination key for this bean's queue: JMSMessageId - Descending. So I
    expect messages to come LIFO.

    To test, I initiate (from a web application) several message to be sent to
    that queue.
    I added some delay into onMessage() method (Thread.sleep) so I manage to
    send several messages while the message sent first is still being processed.
    But all the other messages comes in order they were sent anyway.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. Re: help with destination keys needed

    Hi GD,

    For asynchronous consumers (this includes MDBs) there is a
    backlog pipe-line of messages between server and client, the default
    size of 10, and it is configurable on the connection factory via
    the MessagesMaximum setting. This pipe-line
    is unsorted (FIFO) -- messages higher in the sort order do
    not jump ahead of others in the pipe-line.

    So: either 1) Send more than a few messages at a time.
    or 2) create a custom CF, change the MDB WL descriptor
    to refer to it, and configure its MessagesMaximum line to 1.
    (If you are using transactions, you will also need to enable
    transactions/XA on the CF.)

    Tom

    GD wrote:

    >I can't figure out how the destination keys work.
    >
    >I have a MDB with max beans in pool set to 1. I have configured and applied
    >a destination key for this bean's queue: JMSMessageId - Descending. So I
    >expect messages to come LIFO.
    >

    >To test, I initiate (from a web application) several message to be sent to
    >that queue.
    >I added some delay into onMessage() method (Thread.sleep) so I manage to
    >send several messages while the message sent first is still being processed.
    >But all the other messages comes in order they were sent anyway.
    >
    >Thanks in advance!

  3. Re: help with destination keys needed

    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread