Invalid destination name - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Invalid destination name - Weblogic ; I'm getting an invalid destination name: ReportRequest exception when trying to execute QueueSession.createQueue("ReportRequest"), where ReportRequest is the queue jndi name. I'm not sure how to begin debugging this problem? Have topics working fine. Don't think it's a jndi issue. Is ...

  1. Invalid destination name

    I'm getting an invalid destination name: ReportRequest exception when trying to
    execute QueueSession.createQueue("ReportRequest"), where ReportRequest is the
    queue jndi name. I'm not sure how to begin debugging this problem? Have topics
    working fine. Don't think it's a jndi issue. Is this because I'm using one connection
    factory for queues and topics?

  2. Re: Invalid destination name

    Hi Eric,

    createQueue does not take the JNDI name of the queue, but instead
    takes a vendor specific syntax (it differs from vendor to vendor).
    It is generally recommended to use a JNDI context lookup to find
    queues - a more standardized approach, and the approach that *does*
    take the JNDI name of the destination. That said, you can look up the
    BEA specific syntax for createQueue in the JMS Programmer's guide.

    Tom

    eric Kaplan wrote:

    > I'm getting an invalid destination name: ReportRequest exception when trying to
    > execute QueueSession.createQueue("ReportRequest"), where ReportRequest is the
    > queue jndi name. I'm not sure how to begin debugging this problem? Have topics
    > working fine. Don't think it's a jndi issue. Is this because I'm using one connection
    > factory for queues and topics?

+ Reply to Thread