This is a discussion on Announcement: Super 5.10 - a suite of J2EE tools - Weblogic ; Announcement: Super 5.10 - a suite of J2EE tools. Super 5.10 comes with: SuperEnvironment SuperLogging SuperPeekPoke SuperReport SuperScheduler SuperStress SuperWatchdog and SuperPatrol, as a schedule job. The evaluation edition can be anonymously downloaded from: http://www.ACElet.com . Super is a component ...
Announcement: Super 5.10 - a suite of J2EE tools.
Super 5.10 comes with:
and SuperPatrol, as a schedule job.
The evaluation edition can be anonymously downloaded from:
Super is a component based monitor and administration tool
for EJB/J2ee. It provides built-in functionality as well as
extensions, as SuperComponents. Users can install
SuperComponents onto it, or uninstall them from it.
Super has the following functions:
* A J2EE monitor.
* A gateway to J2EE/EJB servers from different vendors.
* A framework holding user defined SuperComponents.
* A full-featured J2EE logging and J2EE tracing tool for centralized,
* An EJB tool for Peeking and Poking attributes from EJBs.
* An EJB Stress test tool.
* A J2EE global environment tool.
* A J2EE report tool.
* A J2EE Scheduler tool.
* A J2EE Business patrol tool.
It is written entirely in the Java(TM) programming language.
The current version support:
* JOnAS 2.4 and 2.6
* SunONE 7.0
* Universal servers.
* Weblogic 6.1, 7.0 and 8.1
* Websphere 4.0, 5.0.2 and 5.1
* jBoss 3.0 and 3.2
********** What is new:
Version 5.10 January, 2004
1. SuperScheduler 4.1: Multiple holiday set is an advanced feature now.
This arrangement is convenient for most of users.
2. Support WebSphere 5.1.
1. SuperScheduler 4.1: Repeating "At specified times" changes from "all
things considered" algorithm to POSIX cron compatible implementation.
1. SuperScheduler 4.1: Repeating Daily did not consider "Day time saving",
so there were one hour shift in April and October.
Version 5.00 January, 2004
1. SuperScheduler 4.00: Rewritten SuperScheduler with bug fixes and enhancements,
including: 1. Add task duration. 2. Add Email, JMS Queue and Topic jobs.
3. Add Retry tasks. 4. Add GUI version of Unix cron repeating.
5. Rewritten holiday facilities.
2. SuperWatchdog 1.00 with File, JMS Queue, JMS Topic and User triggers and
the same group of actions as SuperScheduler.
3. SuperLogigng 4.01: Improved Alarm/Alert GUI.
Version 4.00 November, 2003
1. Support for both native protocol (RMI-IIOP) mode and HTTP/HTTPS
(with/without proxy) protocol mode for SuperEnvironment,
SuperLogging, SuperReport and SuperScheduler.
2. SuperLogging 4.00: tracing can work on both live database and retired database.
3. SuperReport 3.00: works for both live database and retired database.
4. SuperScheduler 3.00: add URL job type (for Servlet/JSP). Add DoerTalker Table
1. SuperScheduler 3.00: Interval change did not take effect until restart Super.
Version 3.00 July, 2003
1. SuperLoggingLibrary 3.00: New implementation for change scope adding "Smart"
with enhancements and bug fixes.
2. SuperLoggingLibrary 3.00: Support mail server which requires user name and
3. Improved GUI and document.
4. Add support to WebLogic 8.1.
1. SuperScheduler 2.0: Fix a bug in FutureView for Hourly and Minutely.
2. SuperScheduler 2.0: Startup should never be reported as missed.
3. SuperScheduler 2.0: Could not reset job for existing task in some situation.
Version 2.20 Jan. 2003
1. Add desktop and start menu shortcuts for MS-Windows.
2. Add support for SunONE 7, JOnAS 2.6 and jBoss 3.0.
3. SuperLogging 2.40: Add new sendAlarmEmail() method.
4. SuperScheduler 1.40: Add SuperSchedulerEJB for managing when
direct database is not practical; Allow user to choose
favorite logging software; Add Last day as Monthly
1. Change Unusual to PatrolAlarm. The name "Unusual" was misleading.
1. SuperEnvironment 1.31: Bug fix: if database is broken, could not
open Environment Manager.
2. SuperLogging client 1.52: Annoying exception thrown when you use
JDK 1.4 (the program runs okay).
3. SuperPeekPoke 1.61: Fix bug where input object contains
java.lang.Double and alike.
4. SuperScheduler 1.40: Bug fixes in: Memory leak; Reporting
PatrolAlarm for SuperPatrol; Composite task with members;
Non-scheduled run on other host; Around edges of last
days in Monthly with holiday policy.
Version 2.10 July 2002
1. SuperScheduler 1.3: Add Future View to check future schedule in
both text and Gantt-chart mode.
2. SuperScheduler 1.3: Add graphic Gantt view for monitoring task's
3. SuperEnvironment 1.3: uses new graphic package adding print and
4. SuperPeekPoke 1.6: uses new graphic package adding print and
5. SuperStress 1.21: uses new graphic package.
1. SuperStress 1.21: fixed graphic related bugs.
Version 2.01 June 2002
1. Add options for Look & Feel.
2. Preference is persistent now.
1. Installation for WebLogic 7.0: extEnv may not be installed on the
right place, so SuperLibrar on the server side was not loaded and
causes other problems.
Version 2.00 June 2002
1. SuperScheduler 1.2: All copies of SuperScheduler refresh themselves
when any Doer causes things to change.
2. SuperScheduler 1.2: Support default HTML browser for reading HTML document.
3. SuperReport 1.2: Support default HTML browser for reading HTML document.
4. Support WebLogic 7.0.
5. SuperEnvironment 1.21: Database Panel appears when it is necessary.
6. SuperEnvironment 1.21: New SuperEnvironment tour.
1. WebSphere Envoy did not always list all JNDI names.
Version 1.90 May 2002
1. Rewritten SuperLogging engine. Add Alarm Email on SuperLogging.
2.Rewritten SuperScheduler allowing multiple Doers. Add support to holiday policy,
effective period. Add Patrol job type as SuperPatrol.
3. Add support for both JOnAS and jBoss.
4. Add more elements on Report criteria.
1. Now, both left and right mouse clicks are the same on Table Panel: toggle ascend
2. New log database.
1. Alert email should be sent once in the interval, regarding number of servers
in the clustering.
2. Minor bug fixes to make errors handled better on SuperLogging.
3. If withFileInfo or withTimestamp are changed alone, Style Panel did not save
4. Rewritten SuperLogging and SuperScheduler with many bug fixes.
Version 1.80 March 2002
1. Add new component: SuperScheduler
1. SuperLogging: Verbose should ignore class registration.
2. SuperLogging-tracing: an exception was thrown if the java class without package
Version 1.70 January 2002
1. SuperLogging: Scope can dynamically change both for upgrade to downgrade (for
weblogic 6.1, need download an application).
2. Add alias names for log threshold as new Java suggests.
3. New component: SuperReport.
1. SuperLogging: Log database parameters are specified in a properties file, instead
of EJB's deployment descriptor. It is more convenient and it avoids some potential
problems. No change for development, easier for administration.
1. Add Source Path Panel now accepts both directory and jar file.
2. Bug in SuperEnvironment example (for version 1.60 only).
Version 1.60 December 2001
1. SuperPeekPoke and SuperStress can use user defined dynamic argument list.
2. Add timeout parameter to logging access.
3. New installation program with A). Easy install. B). Remote command line install.
4. Support EJB 2.0 for Weblogic 6.1.
5. Support SuperPeekPoke, SuperEnvironment and SuperStress for Websphere 4.0 (SuperLogging
was supported since version 1.5).
1. Poke: argument list is set at define time, not invoke time.
2. Default log database change to server mode from web server mode, booting performance
to 10-20 times.
1. If the returned object is null, Peek did not handle it correctly.
2. If the value was too big, TimeSeries chart did not handle it correctly. Now
it can handle up to 1.0E300.
3. Help message was difficult to access in installation program.
4. Source code panel now both highlights and marks the line in question (before
it was only highlight using JDK 1.2, not JDK 1.3).
5. Delete an item on PeekPoke and add a new one generated an error.
Version 1.50 August, 2001
1. Source code level tracing supports EJB, JSP, java helper and other
programs which are written in native languages (as long as you
write correct log messages in your application).
2. Redress supports JSP now.
3. New installation with full help document: hope it will be easier.
4. Support WebSphere 4.0
Version 1.40 June, 2001
1. Add SuperEnvironment which is a Kaleidoscope with TableView, TimeSeriesView
and PieView for GlobalProperties.
GlobalProperties is an open source program from Acelet.
2. SuperPeekPoke adds Kaleidoscope with TableView, TimeSeriesView and PieView.
1. The structure of log database changed. You need delete old installation and
install everything new.
2. The format of time stamp of SuperLogging changed. It is not locale dependent:
better for report utilities.
3. Time stamp of SuperLogging added machine name: better for clustering environment.
1. Under JDK 1.3, when you close Trace Panel, the timer may not be stopped and
Style Panel may not show up.
Version 1.30 May, 2001
1. Add ConnectionPlugin support.
2. Add support for Borland AppServer.
Version 1.20 April, 2001
1. Redress with option to save a backup file
2. More data validation on Dump Panel.
3. Add uninstall for Super itself.
4. Add Log Database Panel for changing the log database parameters.
5. Register Class: you can type in name or browse on file system.
6. New tour with new examples.
1. Redress: save file may fail.
2. Install Bean: some may fail due to missing manifest file. Now, it is treated
as foreign beans.
3. Installation: Both installServerSideLibrary and installLogDatabase can be worked
on the original file, do not need copy to a temporary directory anymore.
4. PeekPoke: if there is no stub available, JNDI list would be empty for Weblogic5-6.
Now it pick up all availble ones and give warning messages.
5. Stress: Launch>Save>Cancel generated a null pointer exception.
1. installLogDatabase has been changed from .zip file to .jar file.
2. SuperLogging: If the log database is broken, the log methods will not try to
access the log database. It is consistent with the document now.
3. SuperLogging will not read system properties now. You can put log database
parameters in SuperLoggingEJB's deployment descriptor.
Version 1.10 Feb., 2001
1. Re-written PeekPoke with Save/Restore functions.
2. New SuperComponent: SuperStress for stress test.
3. Set a mark at the highlighted line on the Source Code
Panel (as a work-a-round for JDK 1.3).
4. Add support for WebLogic 6.0
1. Uninstall bean does physically delete the jar file now.
2. WebLogic51 Envoy may not always list all JNDI names. This is fixed.
Version 1.00 Oct., 2000
1. Support Universal server (virtual all EJB servers).
2. Add Lost and Found for JNDI names, in case you need it.
3. JNDI ComboBox is editable now, so you can PeekPoke not listed JNDI name (mainly
for Envoys which do not support JNDI list).
Version 0.90: Sept, 2000
1. PeekPoke supports arbitrary objects (except for Vector, Hashtable
and alike) as input values.
2. Reworked help documents.
1. Clicking Cancel button on Pace Panel set 0 to pace. It causes
2. MDI related bugs under JDK 1.3.
Version 0.80: Aug, 2000
1. With full-featured SuperLogging.
Version 0.72: July, 2000
1. Ignore unknown objects, so Weblogic5.1 can show JNDI list.
Version 0.71: July, 2000
1. Re-worked peek algorithm, doing better for concurent use.
2. Add cacellable Wait dialog, showing Super is busy.
3. Add Stop button on Peek Panel.
4. Add undeploy example button.
1. Deletion on Peek Panel may cause error under JDK 1.3. Now it works for both
1.2 and 1.3
Version 0.70: July, 2000
1. PeekPoke EJBs without programming.
1. Did not show many windows under JDK 1.3. Now it works for both 1.2 and 1.3
1. All changes are backward compatible, but you may need to recompile monitor
windows defined by you.
Version 0.61: June, 2000
1. First time if you choose BUFFER as logging device, message will not show.
2. Fixed LoggingPanel related bugs.
Version 0.60: May, 2000
1. Add DATABASE as a logging device for persistent logging message.
2. Made alertInterval configurable.
3. Made pace for tracing configurable.
1. Fixed many bugs.
Version 0.51, 0.52 and 0.53: April, 2000
1. Add support to Weblogic 5.1 (support for Logging/Tracing and
user defined GUI window, not support for regular monitoring).
1. Context sensitive help is available for most of windows: press F1.
2. Fix installation related problems.
Version 0.50: April, 2000
1. Use JavaHelp for help system.
2. Add shutdown functionality for J2EE.
3. Add support to Weblogic 4.5 (support for Logging/Tracing and
user defined GUI window, not support for regular monitoring).
1. Better exception handling for null Application.
Version 0.40: March, 2000
1.New installation program, solves installation related problems.
2. Installation deploys AceletSuperApp application.
3. Add deploy/undeploy facilities.
4. Add EJB and application lists.
1.SimpleMonitorInterface: now more simple.
Version 0.30: January, 2000
1. Add realm support to J2EE
2. Come with installation program: you just install what you want
the first time you run Super.
Version 0.20: January, 2000
Add support to J2EE Sun-RI.
1. Replace logging device "file" with "buffer" to be
compliant to EJB 1.1. Your code do not need to change.
Version 0.10: December, 1999
1. provide SimpleMonitorInterface, so GUI experience is
not necessary for developing most monitoring applications.
2. Sortable table for table based windows by mouse
click (left or right).
Version 0.01 November., 1999:
1. Bug fix: An exception thrown when log file is large.
2. Enhancement: Add tour section in Help information.
Version 0.00: October, 1999