Problem when deploying multiple MDBs connected to separate queues on a single instance WebLogic Server - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Problem when deploying multiple MDBs connected to separate queues on a single instance WebLogic Server - Weblogic ; I'm trying to deploy 2 MDBs on a single instance WebLogic server. However, each time I deploy, only the first MDB can be deployed. I got the following error message The Message-Driven EJB failed while creating a JMS Connection. The ...

  1. Problem when deploying multiple MDBs connected to separate queues on a single instance WebLogic Server

    I'm trying to deploy 2 MDBs on a single instance WebLogic server. However, each
    time I deploy, only the first MDB can be deployed. I got the following error
    message

    The Message-Driven EJB failed while creating a JMS Connection. The error was:
    'javax.jms.JMSException: MQJMS2005: failed to create MQQueueManager for 'Q1''
    Linked exception = 'com.ibm.mq.MQException: MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason
    2103'

    I seem to be able to deploy only 1 MDB on the server, but I need both MDBs to
    be deployed. Can anyone give me some directions?

    Thanks!

    Olivia

  2. Re: Problem when deploying multiple MDBs connected to separate queueson a single instance WebLogic Server

    Since this is an IBM error, first check with IBM - WL MDBs
    do nothing unique when attaching to a JMS provider, each simply
    goes through the standard steps:
    (1) use JNDI to look up a connection factory
    (2) create connection using the connection factory

    I suggest trying to narrow down the problem. Start by writing
    a simple reproducer that has no WebLogic classes
    in the classpath - just IBM classes. The reproducer
    can attempt to create the two different
    JMS connections to the two MQ resources using two
    different connection factories. If you are using
    transactions, call createXAQueueConneciton rather
    than createXAConnection.

    Question: Which version of WL are you using? If you
    are using 8.1 are you using MDB descriptor resource-references
    for the IBM JMS resources?

    Olivia wrote:
    > I'm trying to deploy 2 MDBs on a single instance WebLogic server. However, each
    > time I deploy, only the first MDB can be deployed. I got the following error
    > message
    >
    > The Message-Driven EJB failed while creating a JMS Connection. The error was:
    > 'javax.jms.JMSException: MQJMS2005: failed to create MQQueueManager for 'Q1''
    > Linked exception = 'com.ibm.mq.MQException: MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason
    > 2103'
    >
    > I seem to be able to deploy only 1 MDB on the server, but I need both MDBs to
    > be deployed. Can anyone give me some directions?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Olivia

  3. Re: Problem when deploying multiple MDBs connected to separate queueson a single instance WebLogic Server

    Hi Olivia,

    Please check out Peter Wang's similar posts under the subject
    "Deploy two MDB for MQ JMS provider".

    (Actually, given the coincidence, my bet is that you and
    Peter work together.)

    Tom

    Olivia wrote:

    > I'm trying to deploy 2 MDBs on a single instance WebLogic server. However, each
    > time I deploy, only the first MDB can be deployed. I got the following error
    > message
    >
    > The Message-Driven EJB failed while creating a JMS Connection. The error was:
    > 'javax.jms.JMSException: MQJMS2005: failed to create MQQueueManager for 'Q1''
    > Linked exception = 'com.ibm.mq.MQException: MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason
    > 2103'
    >
    > I seem to be able to deploy only 1 MDB on the server, but I need both MDBs to
    > be deployed. Can anyone give me some directions?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Olivia

+ Reply to Thread