Controlling queue consumption programatically - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Controlling queue consumption programatically - Weblogic ; Is it possible to control the consumption of a queue programatically? We have a business requirement to not process messages that are sitting in a queue until an external event happens. Specifically, is there a way to turn on/off the ...

  1. Controlling queue consumption programatically

    Is it possible to control the consumption of a queue programatically? We have a
    business requirement to not process messages that are sitting in a queue until
    an external event happens. Specifically, is there a way to turn on/off the cosumption
    of messages sitting in a queue (leaving the receipt of messages on)? Or is there
    a way to turn on/off or deploy/undeploy MDBs programatically (maybe using JMX)?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Controlling queue consumption programatically

    Hi Naresh,

    Currently, there is no way to programmatically disable
    consumption on a particular queue, but, as you surmised,
    there are work-arounds:

    It is possible to deploy/undeploy MDBs using JMX, although
    I don't personally know the exact steps. I suggest posting to the EJB
    newsgroup for info.

    Another possibility is to shutdown/restart the JMS server
    using JMX. There is no shutdown command per se, but
    JMS implicitly shuts down when its mbean target is set
    to null, and restarts when the target is set back (this method
    is used by the JMSML utility found here:
    http://dev2dev.bea.com/resourcelibra...mgmt.jsp#JMSML
    ).

    Tom

    Naresh Bhatia wrote:
    > Is it possible to control the consumption of a queue programatically? We have a
    > business requirement to not process messages that are sitting in a queue until
    > an external event happens. Specifically, is there a way to turn on/off the cosumption
    > of messages sitting in a queue (leaving the receipt of messages on)? Or is there
    > a way to turn on/off or deploy/undeploy MDBs programatically (maybe using JMX)?
    >
    > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread