what is the difference between "BEA WebLogicIntegration Adapter for MQSeries" and "foreign jms provider"? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on what is the difference between "BEA WebLogicIntegration Adapter for MQSeries" and "foreign jms provider"? - Weblogic ; Need I buy the "BEA WebLogicIntegration Adapter for MQSeries"?...

  1. what is the difference between "BEA WebLogicIntegration Adapter for MQSeries" and "foreign jms provider"?

    Need I buy the "BEA WebLogicIntegration Adapter for MQSeries"?

  2. Re: what is the difference between "BEA WebLogicIntegration Adapter for MQSeries" and "foreign jms provider"?

    I am not as much of an expert on WLI (WebLogic Integration) as I would like,
    but to start out, the MQ adapter for WLI is only necessary if you are using
    WLI. In fact, unless you have the WLI product, I don't believe that you can
    use this particular adapter at all.

    If you are using WebLogic Server alone, and not WLI, then in your own EJBs,
    MDBs, and servlets, you can call MQSeries (and many other JMS providers)
    from your own code, or use it as the source of messages for an MDB. The
    "Foreign JMS Provider" feature in WLS 8.1 is a set of helpers that makes it
    easier to configure this, so it's possible to write code to the J2EE and JMS
    standards without regard to which JMS provider it will be used with, then
    deploy it to WLS and determine administratively which JMS provider is used.

    greg

    "dcomli" wrote in message

    > Need I buy the "BEA WebLogicIntegration Adapter for MQSeries"?

  3. Re: what is the difference between "BEA WebLogicIntegration Adapter for MQSeries" and "foreign jms provider"?

    I have read the document of "BEA WebLogicIntegration Adapter for MQSeries", It
    says that it is implemented using MQSeries's own java lib, so it can provide much
    more options than connecting MQSeries using JMS. So I think if the features are
    not very necessary, there is no need to use "BEA WebLogicIntegration Adapter for
    MQSeries".

    "Greg Brail" wrote:
    >I am not as much of an expert on WLI (WebLogic Integration) as I would
    >like,
    >but to start out, the MQ adapter for WLI is only necessary if you are
    >using
    >WLI. In fact, unless you have the WLI product, I don't believe that you
    >can
    >use this particular adapter at all.
    >
    >If you are using WebLogic Server alone, and not WLI, then in your own
    >EJBs,
    >MDBs, and servlets, you can call MQSeries (and many other JMS providers)
    >from your own code, or use it as the source of messages for an MDB. The
    >"Foreign JMS Provider" feature in WLS 8.1 is a set of helpers that makes
    >it
    >easier to configure this, so it's possible to write code to the J2EE
    >and JMS
    >standards without regard to which JMS provider it will be used with,
    >then
    >deploy it to WLS and determine administratively which JMS provider is
    >used.
    >
    > greg
    >
    >"dcomli" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Need I buy the "BEA WebLogicIntegration Adapter for MQSeries"?

+ Reply to Thread