Messaging Bridge - adapter not found - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Messaging Bridge - adapter not found - Weblogic ; I am configuring Messaging Bridge in WLS 8.1 and the moment I setup Foreign JMS Server (MQ in this case), I am loosing access to JNDI tree. Hence, the server is not able to find resource adapter and complaining the ...

  1. Messaging Bridge - adapter not found

    I am configuring Messaging Bridge in WLS 8.1 and the moment I setup Foreign JMS
    Server (MQ in this case), I am loosing access to JNDI tree. Hence, the server
    is not able to find resource adapter and complaining the following:

    I didn't see the above error before I configure the Foreign JMS Server.

    Any inputs to the above problem is greatly appreciate.

    Thanks,
    Satya

  2. Re: Messaging Bridge - adapter not found

    Is the bridge targetted at a cluster? If it is, try targetting the
    individual managed servers instead.

    I had a problem with 8.1 where a messaging bridge targetted at a
    cluster will not work, but target at the individual members of the
    cluster will work.

    Pete

  3. Re: Messaging Bridge - adapter not found

    The bridge is targeted at individual WebLogic server which is not participating
    in the clustered environment. But still, I see that WLS is not able to find the
    adapter.

    Pete wrote:
    >Is the bridge targetted at a cluster? If it is, try targetting the
    >individual managed servers instead.
    >
    >I had a problem with 8.1 where a messaging bridge targetted at a
    >cluster will not work, but target at the individual members of the
    >cluster will work.
    >
    >Pete

  4. Re: Messaging Bridge - adapter not found

    That doesn't sound right. Could you post your config.xml file? That might
    shed some light on the problem. Otherwise, I'd recommend contacting BEA
    Support in case you've run in to a bug.

    greg

    "Satya" wrote in message

    > I am configuring Messaging Bridge in WLS 8.1 and the moment I setup

    Foreign JMS
    > Server (MQ in this case), I am loosing access to JNDI tree. Hence, the

    server
    > is not able to find resource adapter and complaining the following:

    adapter "eis.jms.WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTx".>

    > I didn't see the above error before I configure the Foreign JMS Server.
    >
    > Any inputs to the above problem is greatly appreciate.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Satya

  5. Re: Messaging Bridge - adapter not found

    I don't quite understand what you meant by "the moment I setup Foreign JMS Server, I am loosing access to JNDI tree".
    It may be helpful if you could give more details about what you are trying to achieve and what are the steps and the
    state you observed after each step.
    Has you bridge ever forwarded messages?

    Dongbo

    Satya wrote:

    > I am configuring Messaging Bridge in WLS 8.1 and the moment I setup Foreign JMS
    > Server (MQ in this case), I am loosing access to JNDI tree. Hence, the server
    > is not able to find resource adapter and complaining the following:
    >

    > I didn't see the above error before I configure the Foreign JMS Server.
    >
    > Any inputs to the above problem is greatly appreciate.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Satya

  6. Re: Messaging Bridge - adapter not found

    When you look at a JNDI context in the console's "JNDI tree" viewer, it's
    looking up each object in that context. With your ForeignJMS definitions,
    you're creating two objects in the root JNDI context, named "MQ_GEN3_QCF"
    and "MQ_GEN3_Q". It's possible that when you look up these objects from the
    foreign JNDI provider, that it's throwing an exception, which explains why
    the console is giving you an error.

    You could check this by prefixing the "LocalJNDIName" parameter of each
    ForeignJMS object with something. For instance, change "LocalJNDIName" to
    "foreign.MQ_GEN3_QCF" and "foreign.MQ_GEN3_Q". Then, in the console's JNDI
    tree viewer, you should see the top-level JNDI tree, and then a link for the
    "foreign" tree. If you only get the exception when you click on the
    "foreign" tree, then there's some problem with looking up the objects from
    your foreign JNDI provider.

    Also, Dongbo noticed that you are using
    "eis/jms/WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTX"
    as your "AdapterJNDIName". Did you try replacing the slashes with dots in
    this parameter?

    greg

    "Satya" wrote in message

    > I am configuring WLS Messaging bridge from WLS JMS Queue to MQ.
    >
    > 1. Deployed no transaction adapter
    > 2. Created Source JMS queue in WLS
    > 3. Configured the Foreign JMS Server (Foreign JMS Connection factory and

    destination).
    > In the Foreign JMS Server, I used

    "com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory"
    > for the JNDI Initial Context Factory and JNDI connection URL is

    "file://C:/JNDI-directory".
    > The C:\JNDI-directory" contains ".bindings" file generated by MQ JMSAdmin

    utility.

    > After the step#3 above, when I view the JNDI tree, I see that "access

    denied".
    > When I start the WebLogic server, I see the following message

    adapter "eis.jms.WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTx".>

    > Not sure, what's the relation between setting up Foreign JMS server with

    JNDI
    > tree access.
    > I am attaching config.xml for your reference.
    >
    > -Satya
    >
    > Dongbo Xiao wrote:
    > >I don't quite understand what you meant by "the moment I setup Foreign
    > >JMS Server, I am loosing access to JNDI tree".
    > >It may be helpful if you could give more details about what you are

    trying
    > >to achieve and what are the steps and the
    > >state you observed after each step.
    > >Has you bridge ever forwarded messages?
    > >
    > >Dongbo
    > >
    > >Satya wrote:
    > >
    > >> I am configuring Messaging Bridge in WLS 8.1 and the moment I setup

    > >Foreign JMS
    > >> Server (MQ in this case), I am loosing access to JNDI tree. Hence,

    > >the server
    > >> is not able to find resource adapter and complaining the following:
    > >>

    > >adapter "eis.jms.WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTx".>
    > >>
    > >> I didn't see the above error before I configure the Foreign JMS Server.
    > >>
    > >> Any inputs to the above problem is greatly appreciate.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >> Satya

  7. Re: Messaging Bridge - adapter not found

    Hi Satya,

    Greg will response to the JNDI "access denied" problem.
    I have just noticed that the JNDI name you used for the adapter is wrong. It is
    eis.jms.WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTX, instead of eis.jms.WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTx.

    Good luck.
    Dongbo

    Satya wrote:

    > I am configuring WLS Messaging bridge from WLS JMS Queue to MQ.
    >
    > 1. Deployed no transaction adapter
    > 2. Created Source JMS queue in WLS
    > 3. Configured the Foreign JMS Server (Foreign JMS Connection factory and destination).
    > In the Foreign JMS Server, I used "com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory"
    > for the JNDI Initial Context Factory and JNDI connection URL is "file://C:/JNDI-directory".
    > The C:\JNDI-directory" contains ".bindings" file generated by MQ JMSAdmin utility.
    >
    > After the step#3 above, when I view the JNDI tree, I see that "access denied".
    > When I start the WebLogic server, I see the following message
    >

    > Not sure, what's the relation between setting up Foreign JMS server with JNDI
    > tree access.
    > I am attaching config.xml for your reference.
    >
    > -Satya
    >
    > Dongbo Xiao wrote:
    > >I don't quite understand what you meant by "the moment I setup Foreign
    > >JMS Server, I am loosing access to JNDI tree".
    > >It may be helpful if you could give more details about what you are trying
    > >to achieve and what are the steps and the
    > >state you observed after each step.
    > >Has you bridge ever forwarded messages?
    > >
    > >Dongbo
    > >
    > >Satya wrote:
    > >
    > >> I am configuring Messaging Bridge in WLS 8.1 and the moment I setup

    > >Foreign JMS
    > >> Server (MQ in this case), I am loosing access to JNDI tree. Hence,

    > >the server
    > >> is not able to find resource adapter and complaining the following:
    > >>

    > >adapter "eis.jms.WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTx".>
    > >>
    > >> I didn't see the above error before I configure the Foreign JMS Server.
    > >>
    > >> Any inputs to the above problem is greatly appreciate.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >> Satya

    > Name: config.xml
    > config.xml Type: XML Document (text/xml)
    > Encoding: base64

  8. Re: Messaging Bridge - adapter not found

    Greg,

    Thanks for the response and I see that "access denied" is due to Foreign JNDI
    provider.
    I created .bindings file using MQ JMSAdmin tool and referenced under "JNDI Connection
    URL" in Foreign JMS Server setup. All the IBM mq jar files are referenced in CLASSPATH.
    Is there any step I am missing ???

    Also, I changed JNDI Adapter from "eis/jms/WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTX" to "eis.jms.WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTX",
    but still I see the problem during the server startup.

    The bridge "WLToMQMessagingBridge" failed to find the adapter "eis.jms.WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTX"

    Your help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Satya

    "Greg Brail" wrote:
> [...]

    >> Not sure, what's the relation between setting up Foreign JMS server

    >with
    >JNDI
    >> tree access.
    >> I am attaching config.xml for your reference.
    >>
    >> -Satya
    >>
    >> Dongbo Xiao wrote:
    >> >I don't quite understand what you meant by "the moment I setup Foreign
    >> >JMS Server, I am loosing access to JNDI tree".
    >> >It may be helpful if you could give more details about what you are

    >trying
    >> >to achieve and what are the steps and the
    >> >state you observed after each step.
    >> >Has you bridge ever forwarded messages?
    >> >
    >> >Dongbo

    >> >Foreign JMS
    >> >the server
    >> >>

    >the
    >> >adapter "eis.jms.WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTx".>

  9. Re: Messaging Bridge - adapter not found

    Hi Satya,

    If the error message happens only once during server startup, it is okay. There is
    a race that the bridge may come up before the adapter's jndi name is propagated.
    The bridge will retry later. You need to see if the bridge works or not.
    You can also turn on the bridge debug with
    -Dweblogic.Debug.DebugMessagingBridgeStartup=true
    -Dweblogic.Debug.DebugMessagingBridgeRuntime=true

    Dongbo

    Satya wrote:

> [...]
    > >> 3. Configured the Foreign JMS Server (Foreign JMS Connection factory

    > >and
    > >destination).
    > >> In the Foreign JMS Server, I used

    > >"com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory"
    > >> for the JNDI Initial Context Factory and JNDI connection URL is

    > >"file://C:/JNDI-directory".
    > >> The C:\JNDI-directory" contains ".bindings" file generated by MQ JMSAdmin

    > >utility.
    > >>
    > >> After the step#3 above, when I view the JNDI tree, I see that "access

    > >denied".
    > >> When I start the WebLogic server, I see the following message
    > >>

    > >adapter "eis.jms.WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTx".>
    > >>
    > >> Not sure, what's the relation between setting up Foreign JMS server

    > >with
    > >JNDI
    > >> tree access.
    > >> I am attaching config.xml for your reference.

  10. Re: Messaging Bridge - adapter not found

    Hi Dongbo,

    I keep getting the following message in WebLogic log because the WLS is trying
    for every 20 seconds to see whether it can find the resource.

    << Weblogic Messaging
    Bridge Adapter (No TX)_eis/jms/WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTX > ResourceAllocationException
    of javax.resource.ResourceException: ConnectionFactory: foreign.
    MQ_GEN3_QCF not found on createManagedConnection.>

    I am using MQ 5.2 and WLS 8.1 SP2, is there any problem reported for WLS 8.1 with
    MQ 5.2. Only the MQ client is running on my local machine.

    Thanks,
    Satya

    Dongbo Xiao wrote:
> [...]

    >> >"foreign" tree, then there's some problem with looking up the objects
    >> >from
    >> >your foreign JNDI provider.
    >> >
    >> >Also, Dongbo noticed that you are using
    >> >"eis/jms/WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTX"
    >> >as your "AdapterJNDIName". Did you try replacing the slashes with

    >dots
    >> >in
    >> >this parameter?
    >> >
    >> > greg
    >> >
    >> >"Satya" wrote in message

    >> >and
    >> >destination).
    >> >"com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory"
    >> >"file://C:/JNDI-directory".

    >JMSAdmin
    >> >utility.

    >> >denied".
    >> >>

    >the
    >> >adapter "eis.jms.WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTx".>

  11. Re: Messaging Bridge - adapter not found

    My suggestion now is that you don't use foreign JMS server. You can use
    MQSeries stuff (ConnectionURL, InitialContextFactory, and etc) directly in the
    target JMSBridgeDestination. Putting a foreign JMS server layer does not help
    at all when the bridge is used.

    Dongbo

    Satya wrote:

    > Hi Dongbo,
    >
    > I keep getting the following message in WebLogic log because the WLS is trying
    > for every 20 seconds to see whether it can find the resource.
    >
    > << Weblogic Messaging
    > Bridge Adapter (No TX)_eis/jms/WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTX > ResourceAllocationException
    > of javax.resource.ResourceException: ConnectionFactory: foreign.
    > MQ_GEN3_QCF not found on createManagedConnection.>
    >
    > I am using MQ 5.2 and WLS 8.1 SP2, is there any problem reported for WLS 8.1 with
    > MQ 5.2. Only the MQ client is running on my local machine.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Satya
    >
    > Dongbo Xiao wrote:
    > >Hi Satya,
    > >
    > >If the error message happens only once during server startup, it is
    > >okay. There is
    > >a race that the bridge may come up before the adapter's jndi name is
    > >propagated.
    > >The bridge will retry later. You need to see if the bridge works or not.
    > >You can also turn on the bridge debug with
    > >-Dweblogic.Debug.DebugMessagingBridgeStartup=true
    > >-Dweblogic.Debug.DebugMessagingBridgeRuntime=true
    > >
    > >Dongbo
    > >
    > >Satya wrote:
    > >
    > >> Greg,
    > >>
    > >> Thanks for the response and I see that "access denied" is due to Foreign

    > >JNDI
    > >> provider.
    > >> I created .bindings file using MQ JMSAdmin tool and referenced under

    > >"JNDI Connection
    > >> URL" in Foreign JMS Server setup. All the IBM mq jar files are referenced

    > >in CLASSPATH.
    > >> Is there any step I am missing ???
    > >>
    > >> Also, I changed JNDI Adapter from "eis/jms/WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTX"

    > >to "eis.jms.WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTX",
    > >> but still I see the problem during the server startup.
    > >>
    > >> The bridge "WLToMQMessagingBridge" failed to find the adapter "eis.jms.WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTX"
    > >>
    > >> Your help is greatly appreciated.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >> Satya

    > >from

    > >each

    > >dots

    > >JMSAdmin

    > >the

    > >Foreign

    > >are

    > >setup

  12. Re: Messaging Bridge - adapter not found

    I was able to run a few quick tests using my own setup and I found that the
    double slash in the URL for the file JNDI provider is a problem. (It's
    really handy to have a simple program lying around that can look up an
    object from JNDI given a set of properties. It's pretty rare that something
    will go wrong with the "ForeignJMS" mechanism -- the problem is pretty much
    always somewhere else.)

    Try changing your URL to "file:/C:/JNDI-Directory" and see if that helps.

    greg

    "Satya" wrote in message

> [...]

    > >and
    > >destination).
    > >> In the Foreign JMS Server, I used

    > >"com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory"
    > >> for the JNDI Initial Context Factory and JNDI connection URL is

    > >"file://C:/JNDI-directory".
    > >> The C:\JNDI-directory" contains ".bindings" file generated by MQ

    JMSAdmin
    > >utility.
    > >>
    > >> After the step#3 above, when I view the JNDI tree, I see that "access

    > >denied".
    > >> When I start the WebLogic server, I see the following message
    > >>

    > >adapter "eis.jms.WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTx".>
    > >>
    > >> Not sure, what's the relation between setting up Foreign JMS server

    > >with
    > >JNDI
    > >> tree access.
    > >> I am attaching config.xml for your reference.

  13. Re: Messaging Bridge - adapter not found

    Unfortunately it didn't work.

    I got rid of Foreign JMS server and used the same setup in target Bridge destination.

    I still get the same problem "Resource allocation exception" and adapter not found.

    I opened a case in BEA Support and one of the support representative sent me an
    email saying that he noticed that there is a problem working with WLS 8.1 SP2
    and MQ 5.2 for the bridge setup.
    Did you hear anything like that ?

    Thanks,
    Satya

    "Greg Brail" wrote:
> [...]

    >> >"foreign" tree, then there's some problem with looking up the objects
    >> >from
    >> >your foreign JNDI provider.
    >> >
    >> >Also, Dongbo noticed that you are using
    >> >"eis/jms/WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTX"
    >> >as your "AdapterJNDIName". Did you try replacing the slashes with

    >dots
    >> >in
    >> >this parameter?
    >> >
    >> > greg
    >> >
    >> >"Satya" wrote in message

    >> >and
    >> >destination).
    >> >"com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory"
    >> >"file://C:/JNDI-directory".

    >JMSAdmin
    >> >utility.

    >> >denied".
    >> >>

    >the
    >> >adapter "eis.jms.WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTx".>

  14. Re: Messaging Bridge - adapter not found

    From the log message in your previous message, the bridge found the adapter but failed to
    connect to it. Does the bridge debug tell you anything else? Is your bridge able to
    connect to the source (which is the WLS)? You should be able to tell once you turn on the
    debug.
    The only thing I know about bridging WLS 8.1 and MQ 5.2 is related to transactions, but
    your configuration does not use transactions.
    Another common problem is in the environment setup. Did you put MQ stuff in the WLS's
    CLASSPATH and PATH?
    Dongbo

    Satya wrote:

    > Unfortunately it didn't work.
    >
    > I got rid of Foreign JMS server and used the same setup in target Bridge destination.
    >
    > I still get the same problem "Resource allocation exception" and adapter not found.
    >
    > I opened a case in BEA Support and one of the support representative sent me an
    > email saying that he noticed that there is a problem working with WLS 8.1 SP2
    > and MQ 5.2 for the bridge setup.
    > Did you hear anything like that ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Satya
    >
    > "Greg Brail" wrote:
    > >I was able to run a few quick tests using my own setup and I found that
    > >the
    > >double slash in the URL for the file JNDI provider is a problem. (It's
    > >really handy to have a simple program lying around that can look up an
    > >object from JNDI given a set of properties. It's pretty rare that something
    > >will go wrong with the "ForeignJMS" mechanism -- the problem is pretty
    > >much
    > >always somewhere else.)
    > >
    > >Try changing your URL to "file:/C:/JNDI-Directory" and see if that helps.
    > >
    > > greg
    > >
    > >"Satya" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Greg,
    > >>
    > >> Thanks for the response and I see that "access denied" is due to Foreign

    > >JNDI
    > >> provider.
    > >> I created .bindings file using MQ JMSAdmin tool and referenced under

    > >"JNDI
    > >Connection
    > >> URL" in Foreign JMS Server setup. All the IBM mq jar files are referenced

    > >in CLASSPATH.
    > >> Is there any step I am missing ???
    > >>
    > >> Also, I changed JNDI Adapter from "eis/jms/WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTX"

    > >to "eis.jms.WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTX",
    > >> but still I see the problem during the server startup.
    > >>
    > >> The bridge "WLToMQMessagingBridge" failed to find the adapter

    > >"eis.jms.WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTX"
    > >>
    > >> Your help is greatly appreciated.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >> Satya

    > >from

    > >each

    > >dots

    > >JMSAdmin

    > >the

    > >Foreign

    > >are

    > >setup

  15. Re: Messaging Bridge - adapter not found

    I don't see any exception message regarding the source destination.
    The MQ stuff is set in PATH as well as CLASSPATH.

    The WLS is unable to test the conenction proxy test and the log shows:

    #### '13' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default'> <> <> to complete the connection proxy test for "eis/jms/WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTX"
    due to an exception. WebLogic Server will attempt to use connection proxies for
    resource adapter "eis/jms/WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTX" as usual. Exception: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
    weblogic.jms.adapter.JMSBaseConnectionFactory.getC onnection()

    Is there anyway I can find out whether it's able to connect to Source destination
    ?

    I get repeatedly ResourceException because of unable to get Initial context factory:
    com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory

    I set all the jar files in Adapter classpath and the above class file is existed
    in fscontext.jar

    Not sure what I am missing here...

    Dongbo Xiao wrote:
> [...]

    >> >the
    >> >double slash in the URL for the file JNDI provider is a problem. (It's
    >> >really handy to have a simple program lying around that can look up

    >an
    >> >object from JNDI given a set of properties. It's pretty rare that

    >something
    >> >will go wrong with the "ForeignJMS" mechanism -- the problem is pretty
    >> >much
    >> >always somewhere else.)
    >> >
    >> >Try changing your URL to "file:/C:/JNDI-Directory" and see if that

    >helps.
    >> >
    >> > greg
    >> >
    >> >"Satya" wrote in message

    >Foreign
    >> >JNDI
    >> >"JNDI
    >> >Connection
    >> >in CLASSPATH.

    >> >to "eis.jms.WLSConnectionFactoryJNDINoTX",

  16. Re: Messaging Bridge - adapter not found

    The connection proxy log message is an info message and does not mean there is a problem (actually there is not).

    Once you turn on the bridge debug, you will see debug messages in the server log that tell you the bridge's
    activity during boot and at runtime.
    By the way, have you tried to only use single slash in your ConnectionURL as Greg suggested? Have you tried to
    use the same parameters (url, initial context factory, connection factory jndi and destination jndi) to connect
    to the MQSeries from a standalone client and see if they are correct?
    Configuration and environment errors are very commonly seen problems for failures in setting up the bridge.
    If your client is able to connect and send messages and you do not a clue from the debug messages, you'll have to
    send us your updated config.xml and server log file (with bridge debug on please) for further diagnosis.
    Dongbo

    Satya wrote:

> [...]
    > >once you turn on the
    > >debug.
    > >The only thing I know about bridging WLS 8.1 and MQ 5.2 is related to
    > >transactions, but
    > >your configuration does not use transactions.
    > >Another common problem is in the environment setup. Did you put MQ stuff
    > >in the WLS's
    > >CLASSPATH and PATH?
    > >Dongbo
    > >
    > >Satya wrote:
    > >
    > >> Unfortunately it didn't work.
    > >>
    > >> I got rid of Foreign JMS server and used the same setup in target Bridge

    > >destination.
    > >>
    > >> I still get the same problem "Resource allocation exception" and adapter

    > >not found.
    > >>
    > >> I opened a case in BEA Support and one of the support representative

    > >sent me an
    > >> email saying that he noticed that there is a problem working with WLS

  17. Re: Messaging Bridge - adapter not found

    The bridge is finally working...
    The actual problem is somehow the WLS is not able to resolve the CLASSPATH entries
    if the entries has the form "Program Files", and I changed to "Progra~1". I used
    double quotes wherever the spaces exist in the CLASSPATH entries, but didn't realize
    that was the real problem.

    Thanks a bunch to you and Greg for providing excellent support.

    -Satya