Problems with JMS topic in a cluster - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Problems with JMS topic in a cluster - Weblogic ; I am having problems using MDBs on clustered servers to listen on a single JMS topic. I have created a JMS server and topic on one machine in the cluster, and specified that its JNDI name should be replicated in ...

  1. Problems with JMS topic in a cluster

    I am having problems using MDBs on clustered servers to listen on a single JMS
    topic. I have created a JMS server and topic on one machine in the cluster, and
    specified that its JNDI name should be replicated in the cluster. I have deployed
    an MDB to all machines in the the cluster to listen for messages on that topic.
    All the managed servers in the cluster boot cleanly, and the MDBs deploy successfully.
    When a message is posted to the topic, only the message bean co-located with the
    topic receives it.

    With some help, I re-configured the cluster to use a distributed topic, and deployed
    a member topic to each server. This works correctly (messages are received by
    all beans), but there is extra configuration required for each managed server.
    I'm wondering if the first scenario (a single topic) should work. I don't need
    any of the load-balancing or failover features of a distributed topic.

    thanks,
    Richard

  2. Re: Problems with JMS topic in a cluster

    All MDB's deployed should get the messages even if they are created on non distributed
    topic and messages are published after they are deployed and JNDI replication
    is happening.
    Please file a support case with BEA. (I tried a sample MDB as you configured and
    it worked)

    -Kawaljit Singh Sunny

    "Richard Killen" wrote:

    >I am having problems using MDBs on clustered servers to listen on a single
    >JMS
    >topic. I have created a JMS server and topic on one machine in the cluster,
    >and
    >specified that its JNDI name should be replicated in the cluster. I have
    >deployed
    >an MDB to all machines in the the cluster to listen for messages on that
    >topic.
    >All the managed servers in the cluster boot cleanly, and the MDBs deploy
    >successfully.
    >When a message is posted to the topic, only the message bean co-located
    >with the
    >topic receives it.
    >
    >With some help, I re-configured the cluster to use a distributed topic,
    >and deployed
    >a member topic to each server. This works correctly (messages are received
    >by
    >all beans), but there is extra configuration required for each managed
    >server.
    >I'm wondering if the first scenario (a single topic) should work. I don't
    >need
    >any of the load-balancing or failover features of a distributed topic.
    >
    >thanks,
    >Richard

+ Reply to Thread