Re: Using Websphere MQ & Weblogic 8.1 MDBs.... - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Re: Using Websphere MQ & Weblogic 8.1 MDBs.... - Weblogic ; "Sridhar Krishnaswamy" wrote: > >The Extended Transactional Client does work with Weblogic MDBs. So, with >the latest >version of Websphere MQ 5.3 (CSD03), it is possible to keep the MQ Queue >Managers >on a separate machine and configure the XAQCF ...

  1. Re: Using Websphere MQ & Weblogic 8.1 MDBs....

    "Sridhar Krishnaswamy" wrote:

    >The Extended Transactional Client does work with Weblogic MDBs. So, with
    >the latest
    >version of Websphere MQ 5.3 (CSD03), it is possible to keep the MQ Queue
    >Managers
    >on a separate machine and configure the XAQCF with Transport type of
    >'CLIENT'.
    >

    >Thanks,
    >Sridhar
    >
    >"Sridhar Krishnaswamy" wrote:
    >>
    >>I am architecting a Messaging System using Weblogic and Websphere MQ.
    >>It will be
    >>nice to keep the Queue Managers on separate Messaging Servers for HA
    >>purposes.
    >>But MQ supports XA only in 'bindings mode' which forces the QM to be
    >>on the same
    >>machine as the App Server. Starting with Websphere MQ 5.3, the Extended
    >>Transactional
    >>Client from IBM removes this restriction at least for standard Java

    >&
    >>C Clients.
    >>But configuring it to work with MDBs still remains a mystery.
    >>
    >>"r g" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Sridhar,
    >>>
    >>>It interest me to to know how you got on with this.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks,
    >>>Ranjit

    >>Weblogic
    >>>of

    >>>i.e.
    >>>Queue

    >>setup,

    >from

    >>from

    >>If

    Sridhar,

    I am currently trying to configure the MQ 5.3 extended transactional client to
    work with MDB's on WLS 8.1, and is getting the following error:
    [EJB:010196]'javax.jms.JMSException: MQJMS1068: failed to obtain XAResource' Linked
    exception = 'javax.transaction.xa.XAException: client connection not XA enabled'

    I am using a Startup Class to set up the JNDI objects, as described in the "Using
    Foreign JMS Providers with WebLogic Server" document. This worked fine with MQ
    5.2 in "bindings" mode, but not with MQ 5.3 in extended client mode.

    Any suggestions you can offer is greatly appreciated.

    Thank you in advance,
    Leong

  2. Re: Using Websphere MQ & Weblogic 8.1 MDBs....

    You could try contacting BEA customer support,
    a support person recently got the MQ extended client working
    for another customer. (Her name is Jane Sampson.)
    The main thing seemed to be that you
    need to make sure that all required MQ jars are in
    the server class path:

    Required on WLS where MQ objects are bound into JNDI:

    %MQ_JAVA_LIB%\com.ibm.mq.jar
    %MQ_JAVA_LIB%\com.ibm.mqjms.jar

    Required only if MQ objects are bound into JNDI on a different server:

    %MQ_JAVA_LIB%\com.ibm.mq.jar

    For the jmsadmin.bat classpath, all that seems to be necessary is:

    %MQ_JAVA_LIB%\com.ibm.mq.jar
    %MQ_JAVA_LIB%\com.ibm.mqjms.jar

    If that doesn't work try, dumping them all in:

    set MQ_JAVA_INSTALL_PATH=C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\WEBSPH~1\Java
    set MQ_JAVA_LIB=%MQ_JAVA_INSTALL_PATH%\lib
    set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\com.ibm.mq.jar
    set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\co m.ibm.mqbind.jar
    set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\co m.ibm.mqjms.jar
    set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\co m.ibm.mqetclient.jar
    set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\fs context.jar
    set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\co nnector.jar
    set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\jm s.jar
    set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\jn di.jar
    set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\jt a.jar
    set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\ld ap.jar
    set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\pr oviderutil.jar

    In addition, I doubt the startup class you
    are using is required anymore - instead, leverage
    the new "foreign vendor" integration features
    built into 8.1 (configured via console).

    http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/jms/...l#jms_features

    Tom

    Leong Dong wrote:

    > "Sridhar Krishnaswamy" wrote:

    > Sridhar,
    >
    > I am currently trying to configure the MQ 5.3 extended transactional client to
    > work with MDB's on WLS 8.1, and is getting the following error:
    > [EJB:010196]'javax.jms.JMSException: MQJMS1068: failed to obtain XAResource' Linked
    > exception = 'javax.transaction.xa.XAException: client connection not XA enabled'
    >
    > I am using a Startup Class to set up the JNDI objects, as described in the "Using
    > Foreign JMS Providers with WebLogic Server" document. This worked fine with MQ
    > 5.2 in "bindings" mode, but not with MQ 5.3 in extended client mode.
    >
    > Any suggestions you can offer is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you in advance,
    > Leong

  3. Re: Using Websphere MQ & Weblogic 8.1 MDBs....

    Hi Guys,

    Hi Guys,
    Attached my startup class.i can connect to MQ through that.but how i can connect
    through MDB.
    Please help me in setting up my MDB to connect to MQ series.I've followed the
    same way as in jmsproviders pdf document.I've one weblogic startup class.in the
    startup class can i give any jndi name?where it stores jndi information?how it
    invokes MDB?what is the provider url and connection factory jndi anme we've to
    give in the weblogic-ejb-jar.xml.

    Please provide me the exact information.I heard that if we can copy .bindings
    file from MQ Server to WebLogic server (as both are on different machines) and
    point our provider url to the directory where .bindings file copied.is it the
    correct way.i cannot get MQ server access.how i can do it?

    Tom Barnes wrote:
    >You could try contacting BEA customer support,
    >a support person recently got the MQ extended client working
    >for another customer. (Her name is Jane Sampson.)
    >The main thing seemed to be that you
    >need to make sure that all required MQ jars are in
    >the server class path:
    >
    >Required on WLS where MQ objects are bound into JNDI:
    >
    >%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\com.ibm.mq.jar
    >%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\com.ibm.mqjms.jar
    >
    >Required only if MQ objects are bound into JNDI on a different server:
    >
    >%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\com.ibm.mq.jar
    >
    >For the jmsadmin.bat classpath, all that seems to be necessary is:
    >
    >%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\com.ibm.mq.jar
    >%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\com.ibm.mqjms.jar
    >
    >If that doesn't work try, dumping them all in:
    >
    >set MQ_JAVA_INSTALL_PATH=C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\WEBSPH~1\Java
    >set MQ_JAVA_LIB=%MQ_JAVA_INSTALL_PATH%\lib
    >set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\com.ibm.mq.jar
    >set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\co m.ibm.mqbind.jar
    >set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\co m.ibm.mqjms.jar
    >set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\co m.ibm.mqetclient.jar
    >set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\fs context.jar
    >set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\co nnector.jar
    >set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\jm s.jar
    >set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\jn di.jar
    >set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\jt a.jar
    >set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\ld ap.jar
    >set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\pr oviderutil.jar
    >

    >In addition, I doubt the startup class you
    >are using is required anymore - instead, leverage
    >the new "foreign vendor" integration features
    >built into 8.1 (configured via console).
    >
    >http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/jms/...l#jms_features
    >
    >Tom
    >
    >Leong Dong wrote:
    >
    >> "Sridhar Krishnaswamy" wrote:

    >> Sridhar,
    >>
    >> I am currently trying to configure the MQ 5.3 extended transactional

    >client to
    >> work with MDB's on WLS 8.1, and is getting the following error:
    >> [EJB:010196]'javax.jms.JMSException: MQJMS1068: failed to obtain XAResource'

    >Linked
    >> exception = 'javax.transaction.xa.XAException: client connection not

    >XA enabled'
    >>
    >> I am using a Startup Class to set up the JNDI objects, as described

    >in the "Using
    >> Foreign JMS Providers with WebLogic Server" document. This worked

    >fine with MQ
    >> 5.2 in "bindings" mode, but not with MQ 5.3 in extended client mode.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions you can offer is greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance,
    >> Leong

  4. Re: Using Websphere MQ & Weblogic 8.1 MDBs....

    Hi,

    I have the same problem but with a little difference: I don't use a start-up classe
    but configur a foreign JMS Server (I use Weblogic 8.1) and I point our provider
    url to the directory where .bindings are (That file was created by the JSMAdmin
    tool of Websphere MQ).
    I added the CLASS_PATH of MQ jars in the StartManagedServer.sh script.
    The problem is: when I would like to see the JNDI tree, I have the foolowing message
    instead the tree: "Access denied". I have verified the file access (we used Solaris
    8.0) for the file .binding and they are corrects.

    Is someone had already have the problem and can help me?

    "K.V.Subrahamnyam" wrote:

> [...]
    >>
    >>Tom
    >>
    >>Leong Dong wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Sridhar Krishnaswamy" wrote:

    >>> Sridhar,
    >>>
    >>> I am currently trying to configure the MQ 5.3 extended transactional

    >>client to
    >>> work with MDB's on WLS 8.1, and is getting the following error:
    >>> [EJB:010196]'javax.jms.JMSException: MQJMS1068: failed to obtain XAResource'

    >>Linked
    >>> exception = 'javax.transaction.xa.XAException: client connection not

    >>XA enabled'
    >>>
    >>> I am using a Startup Class to set up the JNDI objects, as described

    >>in the "Using
    >>> Foreign JMS Providers with WebLogic Server" document. This worked

    >>fine with MQ
    >>> 5.2 in "bindings" mode, but not with MQ 5.3 in extended client mode.
    >>>
    >>> Any suggestions you can offer is greatly appreciated.

  5. Re: Using Websphere MQ & Weblogic 8.1 MDBs....

    In addition to the "MQ" JAR files, you also need the JAR files for your JNDI
    provider. For instance, if it's the "filesystem" provider, then you need
    "fscontext.jar" and "providerutil.jar". IBM includes these along with the MQ
    jar files.

    greg

    "Jean-François Malaise" wrote in message

> [...]

    > >>set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\co m.ibm.mqjms.jar
    > >>set

    MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\co m.ibm.mqetclient.jar
    > >>set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\fs context.jar
    > >>set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\co nnector.jar
    > >>set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\jm s.jar
    > >>set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\jn di.jar
    > >>set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\jt a.jar
    > >>set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\ld ap.jar
    > >>set MQJMS_CLASSPATH=%MQJMS_CLASSPATH%;%MQ_JAVA_LIB%\pr oviderutil.jar
    > >>

    > >>In addition, I doubt the startup class you
    > >>are using is required anymore - instead, leverage
    > >>the new "foreign vendor" integration features
    > >>built into 8.1 (configured via console).

  6. Re: Using Websphere MQ & Weblogic 8.1 MDBs....

    I tested in WebLogic 7.x. It works both MDB directly listens to MQ
    Queue or listens to a JMS Queue through message bridge from MQ Queue.
    Both work fine if having ibm etclient.jar. Could you post the error
    message, I like to see what happens?

  7. Re: Using Websphere MQ & Weblogic 8.1 MDBs....

    Hi,
    We use WebLogic 7.0 and MQSeries running on separate servers. I created the .bindings
    file with the JMSAdmin tool and create a jndi dir to store the file in the WebLogic
    domain. I also configured the classpath in the startup script for Weblogic.
    To get the MDB's to work, you define the path of the .binding file in the weblogic.xml
    file. See below classpath and xml. I never tried to look at the file through
    the jndi tree. I did not implement code to do this such as the startup class.
    It hasn't been necessary, everything works great. I'm still looking into using
    the ETC....IBM says your can't but this thread says you can. Hope this helps.
    Jennifer
    classpath info:
    $DOMAIN_HOME/lib/fscontext.jar:$DOMAIN_HOME/lib/providerutil.jar:$
    DOMAIN_HOME/lib/com.ibm.mqjms.jar:$DOMAIN_HOME/lib/com.ibm.mq.jar

    weblogic-ejb-jar.xml
    SynchronousMessageControllerMDB

    3
    1

    RPCS.REQUEST.TO.RPCS
    com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory
    file:/opt/weblogic/apps1/rpcs/rpcsDomain/jndi
    RPCSQCF
    60

+ Reply to Thread