jms clustering - Weblogic

This is a discussion on jms clustering - Weblogic ; Hello: I'm working with weblogic 7.0 sp2 and trying to understand weblogic jms clustering. I would appreciate clarifications on the following: There are 2 weblogic servers (wl1 and wl2) in a cluster cl. JMS servers (JMS1 and JMS2) and JMSStores ...

  1. jms clustering

    Hello:
    I'm working with weblogic 7.0 sp2 and trying to understand weblogic jms
    clustering. I would appreciate clarifications on the following:

    There are 2 weblogic servers (wl1 and wl2) in a cluster cl. JMS servers
    (JMS1 and JMS2) and JMSStores (JMSStores1 and JMSStores2) are configured
    to wl1 and wl2 respectively.

    1. When the JMSServer (JMS1)is targetted, should the target be
    individual server(WL1) or the migratable server(WL1 migratable).

    2. I have both weblogic servers deployed with an application app and jms
    destination with the same destination name and destination jndi name.
    Can I use distributable destination and make the 2 individual
    destination to be the members of the distributable destination(if the
    JNDINameReplication = true). If so can the name and jndiname of the
    distributable destination be same as the individual destination.

    3. Is there any example ( or case study) that walks through the jms
    clustering with distributable destination. I'm reading the weblogic
    documentation but confused as of now.

    Thanks for your help in advance,

    regards,
    Ravi

  2. Re: jms clustering

    Ravi Krishnamurthy wrote:
    >Hello:
    >I'm working with weblogic 7.0 sp2 and trying to understand weblogic jms
    >clustering. I would appreciate clarifications on the following:
    >
    >There are 2 weblogic servers (wl1 and wl2) in a cluster cl. JMS servers
    >(JMS1 and JMS2) and JMSStores (JMSStores1 and JMSStores2) are configured
    >to wl1 and wl2 respectively.
    >
    >1. When the JMSServer (JMS1)is targetted, should the target be
    >individual server(WL1) or the migratable server(WL1 migratable).

    The migratable if you intend to use migration.

    >2. I have both weblogic servers deployed with an application app and
    >jms
    >destination with the same destination name and destination jndi name.
    >Can I use distributable destination and make the 2 individual
    >destination to be the members of the distributable destination(if the
    >JNDINameReplication = true).

    No. Their names will conflict in the cluster-wide JNDI name-space.
    Depending on your use case, there may not be a need to
    give the individual destinations JNDI names - they can be
    looked up via their distributed destination name.

    > If so can the name and jndiname of the
    >distributable destination be same as the individual destination.
    >
    >3. Is there any example ( or case study) that walks through the jms
    >clustering with distributable destination. I'm reading the weblogic
    >documentation but confused as of now.

    Start with the JMS Performance Guide white-paper
    on dev2dev.bea.com. It steps through
    clustering and its relation to connection factories and
    distributed destinations.

    There is also a detailed WL JMS chapter in
    the book "Mastering BEA WebLogic Server: Best
    Practices for Building and Deploying J2EE Applications"

    Also, skim the JMS FAQ.

    You can find references to all three on the
    main JMS technology page:

    http://dev2dev.bea.com/technologies/jms/index.jsp

    >Thanks for your help in advance,

    NP.