Integrating SwiftMQ with Weblogic 7.0 - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Integrating SwiftMQ with Weblogic 7.0 - Weblogic ; Hi all, I'm looking at doing some performance benchmarking using SwiftMQ with WebLogic 7.0 but I don't know how to "Plug in" SwiftMQ as the JMS provider. Can someone provide me with a "How to" guide for this please? Thanx, ...

  1. Integrating SwiftMQ with Weblogic 7.0

    Hi all,

    I'm looking at doing some performance benchmarking using SwiftMQ with
    WebLogic 7.0 but I don't know how to "Plug in" SwiftMQ as the JMS provider.
    Can someone provide me with a "How to" guide for this please?

    Thanx,

    Sundeep Kapadia

  2. Re: Integrating SwiftMQ with Weblogic 7.0

    Hi Sundeep,

    Note that WL has JMS built-in, and that WL8.1 runs faster
    than WL7.0 (you can use a WL8.1 jms server with a WL7.0). Note
    that performance wise, it can be hard to beat a JMS server
    that runs on the same JVM as the app. That said
    you can find a "foreign vendor" integration white-paper,
    as well as a "JMS Performance Guide" white-paper here:

    http://dev2dev.bea.com/technologies/jms/index.jsp

    Note that 8.1 contains some additional features that simplify
    integration.

    Tom, BEA

    Sundeep wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm looking at doing some performance benchmarking using SwiftMQ with
    > WebLogic 7.0 but I don't know how to "Plug in" SwiftMQ as the JMS provider.
    > Can someone provide me with a "How to" guide for this please?
    >
    > Thanx,
    >
    > Sundeep Kapadia

  3. Re: Integrating SwiftMQ with Weblogic 7.0

    Hi Tom,

    in our case we must stay on WL 6.1 server. We have two WL server instances running
    in a failover senario. However, we need to avoid the WL limitation where multiple
    jms queues back onto the same oracle DB table. We basically intended to use a
    single queue so that messages sent from one WL are always visible by the other
    WL instance without loss or duplication. One alternative is to use SwiftMQ with
    WL 6.1 which apparently avoids the limitation and allows a shared jms queue/store,
    though it sounds like a bit of an epic in WL6.1 to attempt to use it as a foreign
    jms provider. By the way, we need to have two Oracle machines running as RAC cluster
    with shared storage, hence the issue with the native WL/JMS limitation.

    Any suggestions on possibly avoiding using a foreign jms provider? We could use
    WL6.1/JMS and make use of multiple jms queues and multiple tables (one for each
    WL instance), but this quickly becomes very complicated. A related question,
    I understand WL performs some form of message caching, can this be turned off
    to avoid loss of message data in the event of a failure?

    We cannot move off WL6.1.

    thanks,
    craig.

    Tom Barnes wrote:
    >Hi Sundeep,
    >
    >Note that WL has JMS built-in, and that WL8.1 runs faster
    >than WL7.0 (you can use a WL8.1 jms server with a WL7.0). Note
    >that performance wise, it can be hard to beat a JMS server
    >that runs on the same JVM as the app. That said
    >you can find a "foreign vendor" integration white-paper,
    >as well as a "JMS Performance Guide" white-paper here:
    >
    >http://dev2dev.bea.com/technologies/jms/index.jsp
    >
    >Note that 8.1 contains some additional features that simplify
    >integration.
    >
    >Tom, BEA
    >
    >Sundeep wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I'm looking at doing some performance benchmarking using SwiftMQ with
    >> WebLogic 7.0 but I don't know how to "Plug in" SwiftMQ as the JMS provider.
    >> Can someone provide me with a "How to" guide for this please?
    >>
    >> Thanx,
    >>
    >> Sundeep Kapadia

  4. Re: Integrating SwiftMQ with Weblogic 7.0

    Unlike other vendors, WL JMS does not do asynchronous disk
    writes you specifically configure it do so. I suggest
    reading the JMS Performance Guide white-paper on dev2dev.bea.com
    to get more information.

    But this is not an issue for you, as you are using a database.
    Similarly, in the database store WL JMS does not "cache" operations,
    for example, a send persists to a database row *before* the send
    returns to the client.

    If you need distributed destination type feature, consider moving
    the JMS server up to WL7.0 (or better yet WL8.1). WL JMS interoperates
    transparently between versions. (Note that all servers in a cluster
    must be at the same version level - so JMS would have to be in
    a different cluster.)

    Another possibility is to simply boot the failed 6.1 server on
    the alternate machine?

    Tom

    craig ryan wrote:

    > Hi Tom,
    >
    > in our case we must stay on WL 6.1 server. We have two WL server instances running
    > in a failover senario. However, we need to avoid the WL limitation where multiple
    > jms queues back onto the same oracle DB table. We basically intended to use a
    > single queue so that messages sent from one WL are always visible by the other
    > WL instance without loss or duplication. One alternative is to use SwiftMQ with
    > WL 6.1 which apparently avoids the limitation and allows a shared jms queue/store,
    > though it sounds like a bit of an epic in WL6.1 to attempt to use it as a foreign
    > jms provider. By the way, we need to have two Oracle machines running as RAC cluster
    > with shared storage, hence the issue with the native WL/JMS limitation.
    >
    > Any suggestions on possibly avoiding using a foreign jms provider? We could use
    > WL6.1/JMS and make use of multiple jms queues and multiple tables (one for each
    > WL instance), but this quickly becomes very complicated. A related question,
    > I understand WL performs some form of message caching, can this be turned off
    > to avoid loss of message data in the event of a failure?
    >
    > We cannot move off WL6.1.
    >
    > thanks,
    > craig.
    >

    > Tom Barnes wrote:
    >
    >>Hi Sundeep,
    >>
    >>Note that WL has JMS built-in, and that WL8.1 runs faster
    >>than WL7.0 (you can use a WL8.1 jms server with a WL7.0). Note
    >>that performance wise, it can be hard to beat a JMS server
    >>that runs on the same JVM as the app. That said
    >>you can find a "foreign vendor" integration white-paper,
    >>as well as a "JMS Performance Guide" white-paper here:
    >>
    >>http://dev2dev.bea.com/technologies/jms/index.jsp
    >>
    >>Note that 8.1 contains some additional features that simplify
    >>integration.
    >>
    >>Tom, BEA
    >>
    >>Sundeep wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hi all,
    >>>
    >>>I'm looking at doing some performance benchmarking using SwiftMQ with
    >>>WebLogic 7.0 but I don't know how to "Plug in" SwiftMQ as the JMS provider.
    >>>Can someone provide me with a "How to" guide for this please?
    >>>
    >>>Thanx,
    >>>
    >>>Sundeep Kapadia

+ Reply to Thread