Re: Setting up MQ as a foreign JMS provider on WLS8.1 - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Re: Setting up MQ as a foreign JMS provider on WLS8.1 - Weblogic ; Please post your config.xml, this will contain the configuration of your foreign destination wrapper. FYI In case you don't know already, the very latest version of MQ contains a remote MQ server capable XA client (user transaction capable) - unlike ...

  1. Re: Setting up MQ as a foreign JMS provider on WLS8.1

    Please post your config.xml, this will contain the configuration
    of your foreign destination wrapper.

    FYI In case you don't know already, the very latest version of MQ
    contains a remote MQ server capable XA client (user transaction capable)
    - unlike earlier versions.

    sami titi wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have a local installation of MQ (I believe version 5) on my PC which is running
    > win2k. I have created a small program that directly places messages on the default
    > queue that comes with the installation using the MQ APIs.
    >
    > I am trying to set use an MDB that is triggered by that default queue on WLS8.1.
    > I went by the book in using JMSAdmin to create JNDI entries for MQ, creating
    > the Foreign JMS Connection Factory using the console, and the foreign JMS Destinations
    > that correspond to a sending and a receiving queue (they actually both point to
    > the "default" queue I mentioned above). I also followed the instructions for
    > setting up the weblogic-ejb-jar.xml for the MDB properly. I will include snapshot
    > of everything below. I also placed all the required jar files in my classpath
    > and path.
    >
    > However I still get the follwing error message:

    > JB: OscarMessageReceiverBean is unable to connect to the JMS destination: OscarM
    > QReceiverQueue. The Error was:
    > [EJB:011010]The JMS destination with the JNDI name: OscarMQReceiverQueue could
    > ot be found. Please ensure that the JNDI name in the weblogic-ejb-jar.xml is cor
    > rect, and the JMS destination has been deployed.>
    >
    > Although I know I have defined that name "OscarMQReceiverQueue" as the Local JNDI
    > Name of the Foreign JMS destination on my console. It points to the foreign queue
    > MyQ.RECEIVE, which is the Remote JNDI Name.
    >
    > Any ideas on how I can resolve this problem would be appreciated.
    >
    > weblogic-ejb-jar.xml:
    >

    > > 'http://www.bea.com/servers/wls810/dtd/weblogic-ejb-jar.dtd'>
    >

    > OscarMessageReceiverBean
    >

    > 200
    > 20
    >

    > OscarMQReceiverQueue
    >
    > com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory
    >

    > file:/C:/dev/JMS2MQ/
    >
    > mqseries.qcf
    >

    > OscarMessageReceiverBean
    >

    > ejb-jar.xml:
    >
    > > 2.0//EN' 'http://java.sun.com/dtd/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd'>
    >

    > OscarMessageReceiverBean
    > com.gmacfs.routeone.oscar.receiver.OscarMessageRec eiverBean
    > Container
    >
    > javax.jms.Queue
    >

    > OscarMessageReceiverBean
    > onMessage
    >
    > javax.jms.Message
    >

    > Required

  2. Re: Setting up MQ as a foreign JMS provider on WLS8.1

    Please find the config.xml attached.

    As you can see, I've created a Messaging Bridge which seems to work since my MDB
    is now consuming any messages that I drop on the MQ queue. However, I would like
    to know why using the "Foreign JMS Servers" does not work because I believe this
    is the route we were planning to take... As I understand, these are two different
    methods (Messageing Bridge vs. Foreign JMS Servers) that could be implemented
    separately.

    Thanks

    Tom Barnes wrote:
> [...]

    >> Name of the Foreign JMS destination on my console. It points to the

    >foreign queue
    >> MyQ.RECEIVE, which is the Remote JNDI Name.
    >>
    >> Any ideas on how I can resolve this problem would be appreciated.
    >>
    >> weblogic-ejb-jar.xml:
    >>

    >8.1.0 EJB//EN'
    >> 'http://www.bea.com/servers/wls810/dtd/weblogic-ejb-jar.dtd'>
    >>

    >> OscarMessageReceiverBean
    >>

    >> 200
    >> 20
    >>

    >> OscarMQReceiverQueue
    >>
    >> com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory
    >>

    >> file:/C:/dev/JMS2MQ/
    >>
    >> mqseries.qcf
    >>

    >> OscarMessageReceiverBean
    >>

    >> ejb-jar.xml:
    >>

    >JavaBeans
    >> 2.0//EN' 'http://java.sun.com/dtd/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd'>
    >>

    >> OscarMessageReceiverBean
    >> com.gmacfs.routeone.oscar.receiver.OscarMessageRec eiverBean

  3. Re: Setting up MQ as a foreign JMS provider on WLS8.1

    Hi:

    Did u guys manage to get the Foreign JMS Provider to lookup an LDAP from SunOne
    Directory Server for the JNDI objects using MQ client 5.3 CSD05?

    [EJB:011012]The JMS connection factory with the JNDI name: foreignjms/testQCF
    could not be found. Please ensure that the JNDI name in the weblogic-ejb-jar.xml
    is correct, and the JMS connection factory has been deployed.>

    Thanks in advance,
    Terence

    "sami titi" wrote:

> [...]

    >>> Name of the Foreign JMS destination on my console. It points to the

    >>foreign queue
    >>> MyQ.RECEIVE, which is the Remote JNDI Name.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas on how I can resolve this problem would be appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> weblogic-ejb-jar.xml:
    >>>

    >>8.1.0 EJB//EN'
    >>> 'http://www.bea.com/servers/wls810/dtd/weblogic-ejb-jar.dtd'>
    >>>

    >>> OscarMessageReceiverBean
    >>>

    >>> 200
    >>> 20
    >>>

    >>> OscarMQReceiverQueue
    >>>
    >>> com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory
    >>>

    >>> file:/C:/dev/JMS2MQ/
    >>>
    >>> mqseries.qcf
    >>>

    >>> OscarMessageReceiverBean
    >>>

    >>> ejb-jar.xml:
    >>>

    >>JavaBeans
    >>> 2.0//EN' 'http://java.sun.com/dtd/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd'>
    >>>

    >>> OscarMessageReceiverBean
    >>> com.gmacfs.routeone.oscar.receiver.OscarMessageRec eiverBean

  4. Re: Setting up MQ as a foreign JMS provider on WLS8.1

    Environment:

    Host A
    -------
    MQ Client & Server 5.3 CSD05
    WebLogic Server 8.1 SP1
    -> admin server
    -> 1x managed server
    -> node manager

    I set the CLASSPATH for the MQ jar files in the Remote Start tab of the Managed
    Server and Stop/Start MS using Node Manager.

    When this happens, the Bind object in the JNDI tree for this Managed Server does
    not show the Object Class, Object Hash Code and Object To String variables as
    part of the Bound Object.

    However, when I removed the MQ jar files from the Remote Start -> CLASSPATH tab,
    the following can be displayed:
    Bind Name : Remote JNDI name
    Object Class: com.ibm.mq.jms.MQTopicConnectionFactory
    Object Hash Code: 476084149
    Object To String: com.ibm.mq.jms.MQTopicConnectionFactory@e39f884b
    => The MQ TCF can be successfully instantiated by WebLogic.

    Not sure if I'm doing the right thing by specifying the CLASSPATH in the Remote
    Tab. Should I add the CLASSPATH in the commEnv.sh which is sourced by Node Manager?

    Thanks,
    Terence