Re: How to guarantee jms message delivery order? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Re: How to guarantee jms message delivery order? - Weblogic ; This 4.5 reference is out of date, and does not apply to 6.0 and later. For 8.1 refer to here for ordering info: http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/jms/...red_redelivery Tom, BEA SIPtech Community wrote: > "wind meyor" wrote: > >>Hi, >> In our application, which ...

  1. Re: How to guarantee jms message delivery order?

    SIPtech Community wrote:
    > "wind meyor" wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >> In our application, which is built on weblogic, we need guarantee
    >>that the
    >>order of message receiving is the same as the sender. I don't know if
    >>weblogic
    >>can achieve the requirement. If not, is any approach existing?
    >> Hope to get some advice......
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >>Meyor
    >>

    > Hi Meyor,
    > one of the limitations of Message Driver Beans is "there is not
    > guarantee delivery order is same as message submission order"(refer the pdf from
    > middleware company).
    > But in weblogic it seems it is guaranteed,please refer the link
    > below,
    >
    > http://www.weblogic.com/docs45/classdocs/API_jms.html
    >
    > Regards
    > K.Ravi kiran

  2. Re: How to guarantee jms message delivery order?

    Hi Tom,

    we use weblogic 7.0 in our application. I am trying to figure out if the message
    delivery order is guaranteed in that version. I looked up the 7.0 documentation
    but could find anything on the subject.

    All I want to know is if the messages are delivered to the consumer in the same
    order as they were produced. I have a single subscriber to the topic to which
    multiple producers publish messages.

    I appreciate any input on this subject.

    thanks
    Sridhar

    Tom Barnes wrote:
    >This 4.5 reference is out of date, and does not apply to 6.0 and later.
    >For 8.1 refer to here for ordering info:
    >
    > http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/jms/...red_redelivery
    >
    >Tom, BEA
    >
    >SIPtech Community wrote:
    >> "wind meyor" wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>> In our application, which is built on weblogic, we need guarantee
    >>>that the
    >>>order of message receiving is the same as the sender. I don't know

    >if
    >>>weblogic
    >>>can achieve the requirement. If not, is any approach existing?
    >>> Hope to get some advice......
    >>> Thanks!
    >>>
    >>>Meyor
    >>>

    >> Hi Meyor,
    >> one of the limitations of Message Driver Beans is

    >"there is not
    >> guarantee delivery order is same as message submission order"(refer

    >the pdf from
    >> middleware company).
    >> But in weblogic it seems it is guaranteed,please refer

    >the link
    >> below,
    >>
    >> http://www.weblogic.com/docs45/classdocs/API_jms.html
    >>
    >> Regards
    >> K.Ravi kiran

  3. Re: How to guarantee jms message delivery order?

    8.1 provides the ability to guarantee ordering
    even if there are rollbacks or recovers as
    long as the documented requirements are followed, previous
    versions do not.

    In 7.0 and earlier it is sometimes possible to guarantee
    ordering by making the receiver process stateful (by
    writing application code to check a history of previously
    received messages, where the history is updated in
    the same transaction as is used to receive the message)

    Sridhar Sidda wrote:

    > Hi Tom,
    >
    > we use weblogic 7.0 in our application. I am trying to figure out if the message
    > delivery order is guaranteed in that version. I looked up the 7.0 documentation
    > but could find anything on the subject.
    >
    > All I want to know is if the messages are delivered to the consumer in the same
    > order as they were produced. I have a single subscriber to the topic to which
    > multiple producers publish messages.
    >
    > I appreciate any input on this subject.
    >
    > thanks
    > Sridhar
    >

    > Tom Barnes wrote:
    >
    >>This 4.5 reference is out of date, and does not apply to 6.0 and later.
    >>For 8.1 refer to here for ordering info:
    >>
    >> http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/jms/...red_redelivery
    >>
    >>Tom, BEA
    >>
    >>SIPtech Community wrote:

    >>if

    >>>Hi Meyor,
    >>> one of the limitations of Message Driver Beans is

    >>"there is not
    >>
    >>>guarantee delivery order is same as message submission order"(refer

    >>the pdf from
    >>
    >>>middleware company).
    >>> But in weblogic it seems it is guaranteed,please refer

    >>the link
    >>
    >>>below,
    >>>
    >>> http://www.weblogic.com/docs45/classdocs/API_jms.html
    >>>
    >>>Regards