Oracle errors: ORA-02068 + ORA-03113 - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Oracle errors: ORA-02068 + ORA-03113 - Weblogic ; Hy everybody, we're experiencing a problem with a connection of a weblogic's pool: (here's workshop's log excerpt): : distributed update operation failed; rollback required ORA-02068: following severe error from CONTATTI_CRMB ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel [ServiceException]> the problem is encountered ...

  1. Oracle errors: ORA-02068 + ORA-03113

    Hy everybody,
    we're experiencing a problem with a connection of a weblogic's pool:
    (here's workshop's log excerpt):

    : distributed update operation failed; rollback required
    ORA-02068: following severe error from CONTATTI_CRMB
    ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
    [ServiceException]>

    the problem is encountered while updating a record on a synonim table which points
    to a remote oracle instance via a dblink.
    All other sql statements executed on local db instance's tables (i.e. the instance
    the pool is configured upon) go ok.

    I've read on a previous post that the problem is related with the restart of
    the remote db instance AFTER the creation of appserver connpool, which in turn
    determines the corruption of connections towards the remote instance (i.e. their
    state is STALE towards the remote instance even if - at the same time - HEALTY
    toward the local db instance...)

    Our problem is that we restarted the application server in order to be sure to
    re-establish all the connections, but the problem still stands there.
    Any other suggestions?

    thanks

  2. Re: Oracle errors: ORA-02068 + ORA-03113

    gabriele wrote:

    > Hy everybody,
    > we're experiencing a problem with a connection of a weblogic's pool:
    > (here's workshop's log excerpt):
    > >
    > : distributed update operation failed; rollback required
    > ORA-02068: following severe error from CONTATTI_CRMB
    > ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
    > [ServiceException]>

    This is an oracle communications problem between the driver and the DBMS, or between the
    immediate DBMS nd the remote DBMS. The end-of-file failure means that one end of a
    communication was dropped. I suggest you get some Oracle support to help find the
    problem. If you shut weblogic down and brought it back up, and the problem is still there,
    even on the first invocation after coming back up, then it is a problem between the DBMSes.
    Joe

    > the problem is encountered while updating a record on a synonim table which points
    > to a remote oracle instance via a dblink.
    > All other sql statements executed on local db instance's tables (i.e. the instance
    > the pool is configured upon) go ok.
    >
    > I've read on a previous post that the problem is related with the restart of
    > the remote db instance AFTER the creation of appserver connpool, which in turn
    > determines the corruption of connections towards the remote instance (i.e. their
    > state is STALE towards the remote instance even if - at the same time - HEALTY
    > toward the local db instance...)
    >
    > Our problem is that we restarted the application server in order to be sure to
    > re-establish all the connections, but the problem still stands there.
    > Any other suggestions?
    >
    > thanks

+ Reply to Thread