InstanceNotFoundException on server startup for connection pools - Weblogic

This is a discussion on InstanceNotFoundException on server startup for connection pools - Weblogic ; We are upgrading our WLS from 7 to 8.1 and are now receiving some JDBC error messages that we were not receiving before on server startup. These messages show up for all of our connection pools now. Note: the application ...

  1. InstanceNotFoundException on server startup for connection pools

    We are upgrading our WLS from 7 to 8.1 and are now receiving some JDBC error messages that we were not receiving before on server startup. These messages show up for all of our connection pools now. Note: the application seems to function fine in spite of the messages. The stack trace looks like this:

    javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: guiConnectionPool, class: .weblogic.management.configuration.JDBCMultiPoolMB ean (false).
    javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: guiConnectionPool, class: weblogic.management.configuration.JDBCMultiPoolMBe an (false)
    at weblogic.managemetn.internal.MBeanHomeImpl.getMBea n(MBeanHomeImpl.java:274)
    at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanHomeImpl_WLSkel. invoke(Unknown Source)
    at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.invoke(BasicS erverRef.java:477)
    at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef$1.run(BasicSe rverRef.java:420)
    at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubjec t.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:353)

    ..... a few more lines of stack trace then:

    Any ideas why this may be occurring? Thanks...

  2. Re: InstanceNotFoundException on server startup for connection pools

    can you post the config.xml ?
    Are you setting up multipools using JMX in your application?

    did this exception happen after creation of the connection pool
    guiConnectionPool?

    "Pam" wrote in message
    > We are upgrading our WLS from 7 to 8.1 and are now receiving some JDBC

    error messages that we were not receiving before on server startup. These
    messages show up for all of our connection pools now. Note: the application
    seems to function fine in spite of the messages. The stack trace looks like
    this:

    weblogic.management.internal.MBeanHomeImpl.getMBea n(Ljava.lang.String;Ljava.
    lang.Class javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: guiConnectionPool,
    class: .weblogic.management.configuration.JDBCMultiPoolMB ean (false).
    > javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: guiConnectionPool, class:

    weblogic.management.configuration.JDBCMultiPoolMBe an (false)
    > at

    weblogic.managemetn.internal.MBeanHomeImpl.getMBea n(MBeanHomeImpl.java:274)
    > at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanHomeImpl_WLSkel. invoke(Unknown

    Source)
    > at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.invoke(BasicS erverRef.java:477)
    > at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef$1.run(BasicSe rverRef.java:420)
    > at

    weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubjec t.doAs(AuthenticatedSubjec
    t.java:353)

    > .... a few more lines of stack trace then:

    for guiConnectionPool.>

    > Any ideas why this may be occurring? Thanks...

  3. RE: Re: InstanceNotFoundException on server startup for connection pools

    In config.xml change this value from true to false. Change FROM LogRemoteExceptionsEnabled="true" TO LogRemoteExceptionsEnabled="false"