jdbc thin to thick migraion - Weblogic

This is a discussion on jdbc thin to thick migraion - Weblogic ; hi all, i am trying to migrate an application to fat oci oracle drivers. when using thin drivers there was never a problem but prformance was low.... (maybe not well programmed?) but nevertheless i migrated somappliactions to fat drivers and ...

  1. jdbc thin to thick migraion

    hi all,

    i am trying to migrate an application to fat oci oracle drivers.
    when using thin drivers there was never a problem but prformance was low.... (maybe
    not well programmed?) but nevertheless i migrated somappliactions to fat drivers
    and it was a whaoooo effect they performed a lot better so i decided to migrate
    anything possibe to fat till this day....

    when i sarted this *censoed* application in the wls 7 server i always got nuberformatexception
    i think when the appliaction tried to parse float values from the database

    following error ocured with 9.xx and 8.xxx oracle fat driver
    #####################################
    ####<

    69:e9e6dc1becbcab34> <010051>
    teip_HomeImpl@29a747 threw exception: javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception
    is: javax.ejb.FinderException: Exception executing fi

    nder 'findActiveByProductTypeIDApplicationIDExternalPro dType':
    java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.NumberFormatException: ,2
    at java.math.BigInteger.(BigInteger.java:311)
    at java.math.BigInteger.(BigInteger.java:440)
    at java.math.BigDecimal.(BigDecimal.java:153)
    at weblogic.jdbc.oci.ResultSet.getBigDecimal(ResultSe t.java:1074)
    at weblogic.jdbc.jts.ResultSet.getBigDecimal(ResultSe t.java:703)
    at at.sybase.j2ee.com.shop.ejb.ProductBean_meu6z3__We bLogic_CMP_RDBMS.__WL_loadGroup0FromRS(ProductBean _meu6z3__WebLogic_

    CMP_RDBMS.java:3081)

    #####################################

    with thin driver everything was fine ....
    any suggestions?

    thx chris

  2. Re: jdbc thin to thick migraion

    Have you tried simply running *oracle's* thick driver? Our driver relies on OCI's
    string representation of the data, to feed to the constructor for BigDecimal,
    and I fear that OCI may be serving up a value in scientific notation, which
    the BigDecimal constructor chokes on. The reason our driver does that is because the
    metadata that the DBMS sends is insufficient for us to know what object to construct
    from the value (it could change every row!). Oracle's drivers make a BigDecimal
    natively for every numeric datum...
    Joe

    chris wrote:

    > hi all,
    >
    > i am trying to migrate an application to fat oci oracle drivers.
    > when using thin drivers there was never a problem but prformance was low.... (maybe
    > not well programmed?) but nevertheless i migrated somappliactions to fat drivers
    > and it was a whaoooo effect they performed a lot better so i decided to migrate
    > anything possibe to fat till this day....
    >
    > when i sarted this *censoed* application in the wls 7 server i always got nuberformatexception
    > i think when the appliaction tried to parse float values from the database
    >
    > following error ocured with 9.xx and 8.xxx oracle fat driver
    > #####################################
    > ####<
    >
    > 69:e9e6dc1becbcab34> <010051> >
    > teip_HomeImpl@29a747 threw exception: javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception
    > is: javax.ejb.FinderException: Exception executing fi
    >
    > nder 'findActiveByProductTypeIDApplicationIDExternalPro dType':
    > java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.NumberFormatException: ,2
    > at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:409)
    > at java.math.BigInteger.(BigInteger.java:311)
    > at java.math.BigInteger.(BigInteger.java:440)
    > at java.math.BigDecimal.(BigDecimal.java:153)
    > at weblogic.jdbc.oci.ResultSet.getBigDecimal(ResultSe t.java:1074)
    > at weblogic.jdbc.jts.ResultSet.getBigDecimal(ResultSe t.java:703)
    > at at.sybase.j2ee.com.shop.ejb.ProductBean_meu6z3__We bLogic_CMP_RDBMS.__WL_loadGroup0FromRS(ProductBean _meu6z3__WebLogic_
    >
    > CMP_RDBMS.java:3081)

    > with thin driver everything was fine ....
    > any suggestions?
    >
    > thx chris

+ Reply to Thread