Setting AutoCommit to True for XA Drivers - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Setting AutoCommit to True for XA Drivers - Weblogic ; In jrockit81sp2_141_05, the default setting was changed to AutoCommit is false for all XA Drivers. Was wondering how to change it back to true. In the properties section of JDBC connection configuration I added autocommit=true But that didn't do anything. ...

  1. Setting AutoCommit to True for XA Drivers

    In jrockit81sp2_141_05, the default setting was changed to AutoCommit is false
    for all XA Drivers. Was wondering how to change it back to true.

    In the properties section of JDBC connection configuration I added

    autocommit=true

    But that didn't do anything. Any ideas? Thanks. Later...

    - Wayne

  2. Re: Setting AutoCommit to True for XA Drivers

    "Wayne Lau" wrote in message news:409815ab$1@newsgroups.bea.com...
    > In jrockit81sp2_141_05, the default setting was changed to AutoCommit is false
    > for all XA Drivers. Was wondering how to change it back to true.
    >
    > In the properties section of JDBC connection configuration I added
    >
    > autocommit=true
    >
    > But that didn't do anything. Any ideas?

    Autocommit for an XA connection is meaningless
    because TX lifecycle is controlled by a TX coordinator.

    Slava

  3. Re: Setting AutoCommit to True for XA Drivers

    "Slava Imeshev" wrote:
    >"Wayne Lau" wrote in message news:409815ab$1@newsgroups.bea.com...
    >> In jrockit81sp2_141_05, the default setting was changed to AutoCommit

    >is false
    >> for all XA Drivers. Was wondering how to change it back to true.
    >>
    >> In the properties section of JDBC connection configuration I added
    >>
    >> autocommit=true
    >>
    >> But that didn't do anything. Any ideas?

    >Autocommit for an XA connection is meaningless
    >because TX lifecycle is controlled by a TX coordinator.
    >
    >Slava

    OK. Then maybe it is the Tx coordinator setting that was changed or something.
    In the sp2 notes , http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/notes/new.html, it says "In
    WebLogic Server 8.1SP2, by default autocommit is set to false for all XA JDBC
    drivers."

    The problem we are having is performing a single row update (via simple DAO, no
    EJB) with an XA connection using the version of JRockit in WebLogic Server 8.1SP2.
    The update is never committed and therefore the row is locked in the database
    and the update can't be view externally by SqlPlus. This problem does not exists
    with Jrockit 8.1sp1 or with the JVM in 8.1sp2.

    Like to find out how to change the setting in ???? to re-enable autocommit to
    be true. Thanks. Later...

    - Wayne

  4. Re: Setting AutoCommit to True for XA Drivers

    "Wayne Lau" wrote in message news:4098efa7@newsgroups.bea.com...
    > OK. Then maybe it is the Tx coordinator setting that was changed or something.
    > In the sp2 notes , http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/notes/new.html, it says "In
    > WebLogic Server 8.1SP2, by default autocommit is set to false for all XA JDBC
    > drivers."
    >
    > The problem we are having is performing a single row update (via simple DAO, no
    > EJB) with an XA connection using the version of JRockit in WebLogic Server 8.1SP2.
    > The update is never committed and therefore the row is locked in the database
    > and the update can't be view externally by SqlPlus. This problem does not exists
    > with Jrockit 8.1sp1 or with the JVM in 8.1sp2.
    >
    > Like to find out how to change the setting in ???? to re-enable autocommit to
    > be true.

    o How do you make a call to a update a row?
    o From a session facade?
    o How do you commit the TX?
    o Are there any exceptions at commit?
    o Can you provide snippets of code in question?
    o Could you post here extract from config.xml in part of the connection pool and the datasource definitions?

    Please answer these questions and we'll try to help.

    Regards,

    Slava Imeshev

+ Reply to Thread