Problem initializing ConnectionPool with Login Failed - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Problem initializing ConnectionPool with Login Failed - Weblogic ; Hi, we are using weblogic 8.1 on solaris with sybase 12.5, Our application initialize several connection pools to several sybase databases. We are having problem only with one of connection pool, we always get "JZ00L: Login failed. Examine the SQLWarnings ...

  1. Problem initializing ConnectionPool with Login Failed

    Hi, we are using weblogic 8.1 on solaris with sybase 12.5, Our application initialize
    several connection pools to several sybase databases. We are having problem only
    with one of connection pool, we always get "JZ00L: Login failed. Examine the
    SQLWarnings chained to this exception for the reason(s)." We are pretty sure the
    user id and password is correct, they are all the same as other databases which
    we don't have problem. The setting is pretty much the same other than hostName,
    port and database name. we even set initialCapacity to 1, it still failed? What
    could be the reeason? and how can make weblogic spit out the Syabse specific SQLWarning
    which could give us some clue?

    Any help is appreciated!

    Thanks,

    Kevin

  2. Re: Problem initializing ConnectionPool with Login Failed

    Kevin wrote:

    > Hi, we are using weblogic 8.1 on solaris with sybase 12.5, Our application initialize
    > several connection pools to several sybase databases. We are having problem only
    > with one of connection pool, we always get "JZ00L: Login failed. Examine the
    > SQLWarnings chained to this exception for the reason(s)." We are pretty sure the
    > user id and password is correct, they are all the same as other databases which
    > we don't have problem. The setting is pretty much the same other than hostName,
    > port and database name. we even set initialCapacity to 1, it still failed? What
    > could be the reeason? and how can make weblogic spit out the Syabse specific SQLWarning
    > which could give us some clue?
    >
    > Any help is appreciated!

    That is coming straight from the DBMS, meaning the user/password is most likelly incorrect.
    Joe

    > Thanks,
    >

    > Kevin

  3. Re: Problem initializing ConnectionPool with Login Failed

    We can login using the same user id and password through syabse's SQL window. That
    Error not neccessarily means userid and password problem. We had experience when
    there weren't enough connections for initial connection allocation we got the
    same error. That's why it would be helpful to see the real SQLWarning msg. Is
    there anyway to make Weblogic to print out that?

    Kevin
    Joe Weinstein wrote:

    >Kevin wrote:
    >
    >> Hi, we are using weblogic 8.1 on solaris with sybase 12.5, Our application

    >initialize
    >> several connection pools to several sybase databases. We are having

    >problem only
    >> with one of connection pool, we always get "JZ00L: Login failed. Examine

    >the
    >> SQLWarnings chained to this exception for the reason(s)." We are pretty

    >sure the
    >> user id and password is correct, they are all the same as other databases

    >which
    >> we don't have problem. The setting is pretty much the same other than

    >hostName,
    >> port and database name. we even set initialCapacity to 1, it still

    >failed? What
    >> could be the reeason? and how can make weblogic spit out the Syabse

    >specific SQLWarning
    >> which could give us some clue?
    >>
    >> Any help is appreciated!

    >That is coming straight from the DBMS, meaning the user/password is
    >most likelly incorrect.
    >Joe
    >

    >> Thanks,
    >>

    >> Kevin

  4. Re: Problem initializing ConnectionPool with Login Failed

    Kevin wrote:

    > We can login using the same user id and password through syabse's SQL window. That
    > Error not neccessarily means userid and password problem. We had experience when
    > there weren't enough connections for initial connection allocation we got the
    > same error. That's why it would be helpful to see the real SQLWarning msg. Is
    > there anyway to make Weblogic to print out that?

    Interesting... What does a tiny standalone program using sybase's driver alone
    show with those connection properties? Unfortunately, that error message from the
    Sybase driver is a bit silly if it says to check the SQLWarning, because the
    only access to SQLWarnings in JDBC is via the Connection.getWarnings() call,
    which we wouldn't need to call if the driver returned us a connection to make
    the call ...

    Joe

    > Kevin
    > Joe Weinstein wrote:
    >

    >>Kevin wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hi, we are using weblogic 8.1 on solaris with sybase 12.5, Our application

    >>initialize
    >>
    >>>several connection pools to several sybase databases. We are having

    >>problem only
    >>
    >>>with one of connection pool, we always get "JZ00L: Login failed. Examine

    >>the
    >>
    >>>SQLWarnings chained to this exception for the reason(s)." We are pretty

    >>sure the
    >>
    >>>user id and password is correct, they are all the same as other databases

    >>which
    >>
    >>>we don't have problem. The setting is pretty much the same other than

    >>hostName,
    >>
    >>>port and database name. we even set initialCapacity to 1, it still

    >>failed? What
    >>
    >>>could be the reeason? and how can make weblogic spit out the Syabse

    >>specific SQLWarning
    >>
    >>>which could give us some clue?
    >>>
    >>>Any help is appreciated!

    >>That is coming straight from the DBMS, meaning the user/password is
    >>most likelly incorrect.
    >>Joe
    >>

    >>>Thanks,
    >>>

    >>>Kevin

  5. Re: Problem initializing ConnectionPool with Login Failed

    It turns out there are something in the "Properties" attrib that this Sybase server
    didn't like. After we took out most of the them, (only leave the user, sqlinitstr,
    applicationname) , then it starts to work.

    Thanks,

    Joe Weinstein wrote:

    >Kevin wrote:
    >
    >> We can login using the same user id and password through syabse's SQL

    >window. That
    >> Error not neccessarily means userid and password problem. We had experience

    >when
    >> there weren't enough connections for initial connection allocation

    >we got the
    >> same error. That's why it would be helpful to see the real SQLWarning

    >msg. Is
    >> there anyway to make Weblogic to print out that?

    >Interesting... What does a tiny standalone program using sybase's driver
    >alone
    >show with those connection properties? Unfortunately, that error message
    >from the
    >Sybase driver is a bit silly if it says to check the SQLWarning, because
    >the
    >only access to SQLWarnings in JDBC is via the Connection.getWarnings()
    >call,
    >which we wouldn't need to call if the driver returned us a connection
    >to make
    >the call ...
    >
    >Joe
    >

    >> Kevin
    >> Joe Weinstein wrote:

    >>>initialize

    >>>problem only

    >Examine
    >>>
    >>>the

    >>>sure the

    >>>which

    >>>hostName,

    >>>failed? What

    >>>specific SQLWarning

    >>>That is coming straight from the DBMS, meaning the user/password is
    >>>most likelly incorrect.
    >>>Joe

  6. Re: Problem initializing ConnectionPool with Login Failed

    Thanks for the comments, It helped us narrowed down the cause of a similar issue (if not the same?) to the packet size set in the weblogic jdbc configuration xml being larger than the allowed packet size on the database server.

+ Reply to Thread