Oracle10g Driver On Oracle8 - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Oracle10g Driver On Oracle8 - Weblogic ; Hi, I am planning on applying Weblogic 7 SP5 to our current environment which is Weblogic 7 SP2. Our database is Oracle 8.1.7. Weblogic 7 SP5 updates the Oracle9 drivers to Oracle 10 Drivers. Are the Oracle10 drivers that ship ...

  1. Oracle10g Driver On Oracle8

    Hi,

    I am planning on applying Weblogic 7 SP5 to our current environment which is Weblogic
    7 SP2. Our database is Oracle 8.1.7. Weblogic 7 SP5 updates the Oracle9 drivers
    to Oracle 10 Drivers. Are the Oracle10 drivers that ship with this service pack
    compatible with our Oracle 8.1.7 version.

    Kevin

  2. RE: Oracle10g Driver On Oracle8

    From the readme included with the patch it does mention support for Oracle 8.x.

    But I have not tested it.
    ==========
    Table of Contents
    =================
    I. 81sp2 Database Oracle 10g Driver Patch JDK 1.4.2 for WebLogic Platform
    II. How to go about this patch?
    III. FAQ

    I. 81sp2 Database Oracle 10g Driver Patch JDK 1.4.2 for WebLogic Platform
    ================================================== ===========================

    This Patch enables the following.
    * WebLogic Platform support for MS SQL Server, Sybase, and DB2.
    * Oracle10g driver with Oracle 9.x, 8.x databases
    * JDK 1.4.2

    This support is in addition to the 8.1SP02 GA certifications. Please refer to
    the docs for more details.

  3. Re: Oracle10g Driver On Oracle8

    Hi. The fundamental question is whether Oracle supports their 10g driver
    connecting to their 8.x DBMS. That should be knowable from the Oracle site.
    Joe

    Chris Phillips wrote:

    > From the readme included with the patch it does mention support for Oracle 8.x.
    >
    > But I have not tested it.
    > ==========
    > Table of Contents
    > =================
    > I. 81sp2 Database Oracle 10g Driver Patch JDK 1.4.2 for WebLogic Platform
    > II. How to go about this patch?
    > III. FAQ
    >

    > I. 81sp2 Database Oracle 10g Driver Patch JDK 1.4.2 for WebLogic Platform
    > ================================================== ===========================
    >
    > This Patch enables the following.
    > * WebLogic Platform support for MS SQL Server, Sybase, and DB2.
    > * Oracle10g driver with Oracle 9.x, 8.x databases
    > * JDK 1.4.2
    >
    > This support is in addition to the 8.1SP02 GA certifications. Please refer to
    > the docs for more details.

  4. Re: Oracle10g Driver On Oracle8

    This definately works - I have done a lot of testing with this.
    We found that some DDL metadata operations (like gettables) don't work (hang
    or get an
    exception) when using the deprecated driver name with the 10g
    client talking to an 8.1.7 server.
    Use oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver instead of oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.
    There is no new XA class name.

    Note that 8.1.7 will be EOL on all platforms in December 2004.

    "Kevin Sharfman" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am planning on applying Weblogic 7 SP5 to our current environment which

    is Weblogic
    > 7 SP2. Our database is Oracle 8.1.7. Weblogic 7 SP5 updates the Oracle9

    drivers
    > to Oracle 10 Drivers. Are the Oracle10 drivers that ship with this service

    pack
    > compatible with our Oracle 8.1.7 version.
    >
    > Kevin

+ Reply to Thread