Testing XA connection pool (Oracle Type 2 XA Driver) - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Testing XA connection pool (Oracle Type 2 XA Driver) - Weblogic ; I'm having trouble getting WL to test a connection pool I've created. First off, some environment info: WL 8.1 sp2 Redhat Enterprise 2.1 JRockit 1.4.2_03 Oracle 9.2.0.3 The connection pool is using the Oracle Type 2 XA driver. I've set ...

  1. Testing XA connection pool (Oracle Type 2 XA Driver)

    I'm having trouble getting WL to test a connection pool I've created.

    First off, some environment info: WL 8.1 sp2 Redhat Enterprise 2.1 JRockit 1.4.2_03
    Oracle 9.2.0.3

    The connection pool is using the Oracle Type 2 XA driver. I've set the test table
    name to 'dual' and turned on 'Testing Created Connections' and 'Test Released
    Connections' in the JDBC Connection Pool Advanced options.

    The test works correctly for another connection pool using the Oracle Type 2 non-XA
    driver.

    When I try and test the XA pool (or the server starts up and tries to test the
    pool) I get the following error in the console:

    Warning! Connectivity to backend database not verified. This is either because
    required connection pool attributes "TestConnectionsOnReserve" or "TestConnectionsOnRelease"
    have not been enabled, or an invalid value has been specified for attribute "TestTableName".
    Please check the server log for more details..

    In the log for the server I get: ####<21/04/2004 06:14:25 PM NZST>

    <> failed with exception: "oracle.jdbc.xa.OracleXAException".> ####<21/04/2004 06:14:25
    PM NZST> 'weblogic.admin.RMI'> <> count(*) from dual" set up for pool "mtu_trn_jdbc_xa_cp1". Connections will not
    be tested.>

    Has anyone encountered this before?

    Thanks in advance... Mark

  2. Re: Testing XA connection pool (Oracle Type 2 XA Driver)

    "Mark B" wrote in message news:4086ff7b$1@newsgroups.bea.com...
    > In the log for the server I get: ####<21/04/2004 06:14:25 PM NZST>
    >
    > <> > failed with exception: "oracle.jdbc.xa.OracleXAException".> ####<21/04/2004 06:14:25
    > PM NZST> > 'weblogic.admin.RMI'> <> > count(*) from dual" set up for pool "mtu_trn_jdbc_xa_cp1". Connections will not
    > be tested.>
    >
    > Has anyone encountered this before?

    Enable instrumental stacktraces. It will give a clearer picture.

    Regards,

    Slava Imeshev

  3. Re: Testing XA connection pool (Oracle Type 2 XA Driver)

    Hi all,

    just thought I'd post that I figured out the problem. The problem was that when
    I was starting the admin server, I was starting it as a user without all the necessary
    Oracle environment variables setup in it therefore the JDBC driver couldn't find
    and use the Oracle Client libraries on the server.

    Mark