Content is not allowed in prolog -error - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Content is not allowed in prolog -error - Weblogic ; Hi, I have problems with xml-files. This has happened with config.xml and now I have problem with Kodo Jdo -configuration files. This happens when I edit these xml-files by hand. I've done it in an xml-editor which tells me that ...

  1. Content is not allowed in prolog -error

    Hi,
    I have problems with xml-files. This has happened with config.xml and
    now I have problem with Kodo Jdo -configuration files.

    This happens when I edit these xml-files by hand. I've done it in an
    xml-editor which tells me that the document is well formed and valid.
    When trying to deploy Kodo I get the exception below.

    My server is WL8.1sp2.

    thanks for your help,
    Jari Rantala

    --- 8< ----- 8< ----- 8< ----- 8< ----- 8< ----- 8< ----- 8< ----- 8<

    <7.6.2004 9:55:16 EEST> complete the
    deployment task with ID 2 for the application kodo.
    weblogic.management.ApplicationException:
    Exception:weblogic.management.ApplicationException : Prepare failed. Task
    Id = 2
    Module: kodo Error: Error parsing file at line: 1 column: 1.
    weblogi
    c.xml.process.XMLParsingException: Error parsing file at line: 1 column:
    1. Con
    tent is not allowed in prolog. - with nested exception:
    [org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.]
    org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
    at
    weblogic.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.p arse(AbstractSAXPar
    ser.java:1189)
    at weblogic.xml.jaxp.WebLogicParser.parse(WebLogicPar ser.java:67)
    at
    weblogic.xml.process.ProcessorDriver.process(Proce ssorDriver.java:154
    )
    at
    weblogic.connector.deploy.dd.xml.RarLoader_Connect or10.process(RarLoa
    der_Connector10.java:202)
    at
    weblogic.connector.deploy.dd.xml.DDUtil.processDDF ile(DDUtil.java:380
    )
    at
    weblogic.connector.deploy.dd.xml.DDUtil.processRaD D(DDUtil.java:301)
    at
    weblogic.connector.deploy.dd.xml.DDUtil.processDDF iles(DDUtil.java:13
    4)
    at
    weblogic.connector.deploy.dd.xml.DDUtil.getConnect orDescriptor(DDUtil
    ..java:602)
    at
    weblogic.connector.deploy.dd.xml.DDUtil.getConnect orDescriptor(DDUtil
    ..java:577)
    at
    weblogic.connector.deploy.ConnectorModule.loadConn ectorDescriptors(Co
    nnectorModule.java:689)
    at
    weblogic.connector.deploy.ConnectorModule.loadDesc riptor(ConnectorMod
    ule.java:202)
    at
    weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.loadDescrip tors(J2EEApplicatio
    nContainer.java:1359)
    at
    weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.prepare(J2E EApplicationContain
    er.java:1184)
    at
    weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.prepare(J2E EApplicationContain
    er.java:1031)
    at
    weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Com ponentActivateTask.
    prepareContainer(SlaveDeployer.java:2602)
    at
    weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Act ivateTask.createCon
    tainer(SlaveDeployer.java:2552)
    at
    weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Act ivateTask.prepare(S
    laveDeployer.java:2474)
    at
    weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.pro cessPrepareTask(Sla
    veDeployer.java:798)
    at
    weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.pre pareDelta(SlaveDepl
    oyer.java:507)
    at
    weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.pre pareUpdate(SlaveDep
    loyer.java:465)
    at
    weblogic.drs.internal.SlaveCallbackHandler$1.execu te(SlaveCallbackHan
    dler.java:25)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThrea d.java:197)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.ja va:170)

  2. Re: Content is not allowed in prolog -error

    Remove any blank spaces or empty lines before the xml declaration

+ Reply to Thread