commons-logging.jar not found in web-inf/lib... - Weblogic

This is a discussion on commons-logging.jar not found in web-inf/lib... - Weblogic ; I have the commons-logging.jar and the log4j-core.jar jars in the web-inf/lib directory but still upon deployment, I get the following error message: 'action' java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationExcepti on: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigur ationException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/Log I tried removing the classpath lines from the manifest file ...

  1. commons-logging.jar not found in web-inf/lib...

    I have the commons-logging.jar and the log4j-core.jar jars in the
    web-inf/lib directory but still upon deployment, I get the following
    error message:

    <[WebAppServletContext(8242468,lty,/lty)] Error loading servlet:
    'action'
    java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
    org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationExcepti on:
    org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigur
    ationException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
    org/apache/commons/logging/Log

    I tried removing the classpath lines from the manifest file and tried
    again, and still get this message upon deployment.

    I have the two property files in the web-inf/classes directory (but a
    longer path) needed.

    Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

  2. Re: commons-logging.jar not found in web-inf/lib...

    Has ANYBODY seen this message before? I'm completely stuck on this...

    > <[WebAppServletContext(8242468,lty,/lty)] Error loading servlet:
    > 'action'
    > java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
    > org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationExcepti on:
    > org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigur
    > ationException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
    > org/apache/commons/logging/Log
    >
    > I tried removing the classpath lines from the manifest file and tried
    > again, and still get this message upon deployment.
    >
    > I have the two property files in the web-inf/classes directory (but a
    > longer path) needed.
    >
    > Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

+ Reply to Thread