Packaging - putting support files within ear file - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Packaging - putting support files within ear file - Weblogic ; We have a J2EE application that leverages some xml control files. We would like to package the application with these support files all within the ear file. Currently, these files get moved seperate from the ear, which causes files to ...

  1. Packaging - putting support files within ear file

    We have a J2EE application that leverages some xml control files. We would like to package the application with these support files all within the ear file. Currently, these files get moved seperate from the ear, which causes files to be missed sometimes during deployment. Our questions are as follows:

    1) Can these files be placed in the ear file?
    2) How do we reference them? Currently the application works by specifying the path to these files in the web.xml, what is the path we should use so that our application can find the files?

  2. Re: Packaging - putting support files within ear file

    "Brandon Witte" skrev i en meddelelse
    > We have a J2EE application that leverages some xml control files. We

    would like to package the application with these support files all within
    the ear file. Currently, these files get moved seperate from the ear, which
    causes files to be missed sometimes during deployment. Our questions are as
    follows:

    > 1) Can these files be placed in the ear file?
    > 2) How do we reference them? Currently the application works by

    specifying the path to these files in the web.xml, what is the path we
    should use so that our application can find the files?

    The simplest solution would be to put them in the WEB-INF/classes or
    APP-INF/classes directories and load them through the classloader.

+ Reply to Thread