Is there another JSP compiler? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Is there another JSP compiler? - Weblogic ; Just started using WL 8.1 (sp2) & when starting up the server I get a message - "Unable to load the default compiler class "com.sun.tools.javac.Main". Using the default javac compiler to compile JSPs.> " Should I be using this one ...

  1. Is there another JSP compiler?

    Just started using WL 8.1 (sp2) & when starting up the server I get a
    message -

    "Unable to load the default compiler class "com.sun.tools.javac.Main".
    Using the default javac compiler to compile JSPs.> "

    Should I be using this one as opposed to the default? if so where do get it
    & how to configure it? - is it quicker or wot?

    Sorry a bit of a newbie but would still like to use a faster one if
    possible!

    thanks

    harry

  2. Re: Is there another JSP compiler?

    Hi
    try with jikes ... at IBm.com

    Cheers !

    "harry" wrote:
    >Just started using WL 8.1 (sp2) & when starting up the server I get a
    >message -
    >
    > "Unable to load the default compiler class "com.sun.tools.javac.Main".
    >Using the default javac compiler to compile JSPs.> "
    >
    >Should I be using this one as opposed to the default? if so where do
    >get it
    >& how to configure it? - is it quicker or wot?
    >
    >Sorry a bit of a newbie but would still like to use a faster one if
    >possible!
    >
    >thanks
    >
    >harry

+ Reply to Thread