Invalid ELF Header - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Invalid ELF Header - Weblogic ; Hi, I am trying to use a Apache Plugin for Weblogic 7.0sp1 and i get this error : Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_wl_20.so into server: /etc/httpd/modules/mod_wl_20.so: invalid ELF header My Apache version is 2.0.40 and i am running it on Red Hat ...

  1. Invalid ELF Header

    Hi,

    I am trying to use a Apache Plugin for Weblogic 7.0sp1 and i get this
    error :
    Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_wl_20.so into server:
    /etc/httpd/modules/mod_wl_20.so: invalid ELF header

    My Apache version is 2.0.40 and i am running it on Red Hat Linux 2.1
    The weblogic7.0 sp1(running on HPUX 11i) supported configuration for
    apache is 2.0.39. Could that be the problem that i am not able to load
    the module in apache.

    I have copied this module from weblogic to the apache directory under
    /etc/httpd/modules. And i have also given the necessary permissions on
    it as well

    Could anyone tell me what an ELF header is and what the problem could
    actuall be?

    regards
    SG

  2. Re: Invalid ELF Header

    gopalasr@porsche.de (SG) wrote:
    > Could anyone tell me what an ELF header is and what the problem could
    > actually be?

    ELF (Executable and Linking Format) is the current standard binary
    format used on most modern GNU/Linux systems. It replaces the older
    "a.out" standard. ELF on Linux has existed since August 1994, with
    general availability since May 1995.

    As far as your problem, it means that the "mod_wl_20.so" is not a
    valid ELF shared object (or, ".so"). Perhaps, the installation is
    "corrupted" or you installed something for the wrong processor/binary
    type.

    I need some more information: What do the following two commands
    return?

    $ file /etc/httpd/modules/mod_wl_20.so

    $ objdump -f /etc/httpd/modules/mod_wl_20.so

    (of course, ignore the "$" and whitespace...).

    Are you running your Red Hat Linux 2.1 OS on a 32-bit system? What
    kernel? What glibc version? What is the version of this BEA plug-in?

    Brian J. Mitchell
    Systems Administrator, TRX
    email: brian.mitchell@trx.com
    office: +1 404 327 7238